PDA

View Full Version : Ski Dim Is Great

drbrainey
04-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Hello Again Gentlemen,

As you may know my X-45 was stolen and recovered last year. I was originally planning on selling the vessel, but I decided to keep it for my son's sake. Well as a Mastercraft " newbie" I did not realize the extent of the damage. I took the boat to the Mastercraft dealer and they were going to charge me an arm and a leg for the parts and labor. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of money, but a penny saved is a penny earned. Well , I had my staff mechanic who takes care of my cars look at it . With his help , I purchased all the parts from Ski Dim we needed to get this vessel back to new. I saved alot of money, but more importantly kept my money away from the rip off Mastercraft dealer.

So I encourage all of you to check Ski Dim first before buying any parts from the dealer.

Dr. V

CoorsLight
04-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Sounds Great. Got a link?

uawaterskier
04-10-2008, 05:40 PM
http://www.skidim.com/

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I thougth I had a bad starter once. I was sure I had to buy one, so I called ski dim. So I told the guy (cant remember his name, but a heckuva nice guy) I think I need a starter for my boat, but I need you to help me order the right one. so the guy asks me what the symptoms were. and I told him when I turned the key, NOTHING happens. NOTHING. and he said, before you buy a starter, go jiggle your safety switch and make sure that isnt goofing you up. he said sometimes those safety switches are a little finicky and can do taht. So I took the boat to the launch, and I wiggled the switch a bit, and tried again and VROOOOM!!!!!!!! started right up!!!!

I thought that was WAY cool of him to do that. WAY COOL!. so I called him back, and thanked him for it. I cant say enough good about skidim.

Sodar
04-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Ski Dim is good for older parts or general maintenance parts, but somethings must be purchased through an MC dealer, especially with newer boats. What was wrong with your X-45, Doc? Did you have motor issues, or what?

pram
04-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I need to pick up a new pitot this year and I was on the www.skidim.com website and seen that they have some great flow through ones that I will probably get right away.

04-10-2008, 05:48 PM
See thats why I like calling them, they always have good tech advice, and they dont seem like you are "bothering" them with inquiring about older boat. I get that vibe from dealers, like I am wasting their time because I have a 1991 boat. Skidim is awesome like that.

TMCNo1
04-10-2008, 06:07 PM
:uglyhamme http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/new/gddrama2.gif:popcorn:

http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/new/gdbacktopic.gif

coz
04-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Hello Again Gentlemen,

As you may know my X-45 was stolen and recovered last year. I was originally planning on selling the vessel, but I decided to keep it for my son's sake. Well as a Mastercraft " newbie" I did not realize the extent of the damage. I took the boat to the Mastercraft dealer and they were going to charge me an arm and a leg for the parts and labor. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of money, but a penny saved is a penny earned. Well , I had my staff mechanic who takes care of my cars look at it . With his help , I purchased all the parts from Ski Dim we needed to get this vessel back to new. I saved alot of money, but more importantly kept my money away from the rip off Mastercraft dealer.

So I encourage all of you to check Ski Dim first before buying any parts from the dealer.

Dr. V

Change of heart :D

04-10-2008, 06:16 PM
From the looks of the website they don't even sell ski boats only wakeboats :confused:
thats discrimination.

ProTour X9
04-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Good Doctor,
Have you considered Good Will for your needed parts??
ProTour X9

Jerseydave
04-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Not knocking Skidim, they're great but wouldn't your boat policy cover the "arm and a leg" expense from the MC dealer? If your new BMW was stolen and recovered, would you have the BMW dealer repair it or fix it yourself?

And what parts did you need for it?

drbrainey
04-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Mr. Nj Skier,

I would not be caught dead driving a BMW. I prefer my Aston Martin DBS.

Jerseydave
04-10-2008, 06:49 PM
BMW was just an example. I'm really glad skidim helped you out, that's great.

I guess we're just lucky in our area to have a few MC dealers that give good service.

Hollywood
04-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Vince and Richard know their stuff, and are nice guys too.

sand2snow22
04-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Sounds Great. Got a link?

Hey Coors, whatcha ya think of the new cans with the vent?

coz
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
BMW was just an example. I'm really glad skidim helped you out, that's great.

I guess we're just lucky in our area to have a few MC dealers that give good service.

A few! we have 1 in the entire state and my first impression was piss poor customer service and that's all it took with me. :D I get better advise here on TT than any MC dealer is willing to give I'll tell you that! Now if it was a new boat under warranty hell yes they'd be doing it.

Cloaked
04-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Skidim is a top notch service to the inboard community.

I use them exclusively, all except for the free towel and cap... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Their willingness to assist, the down home prices on their parts with unlimited, courteous, and free customer service above and beyond their call of duty is most excellent.

They do not misrepresent themselves nor their products. No gouging, and no hem-hawing around with every Tom-Dick-and-Harry trying to turn a penny. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Most of all, Skidim is a faith-based company that does indeed bring the word of Chrisitanity to their web site with daily attention to their mission. Just scroll down to the bottom of their home page. Doesn't get any better than that, all said and done at the end of the day.

Dealers and stealers, take notice. You have a tough standard to live up to.

$0.02

bigmac
04-10-2008, 08:44 PM
SkiDim also has parts for Patek Philippe watches, Dr. Brainey. If your son has trouble with his watch, you could have your staff mechanic take a whack at that too.

ttu
04-10-2008, 08:57 PM
SkiDim also has parts for Patek Philippe watches, Dr. Brainey. If your son has trouble with his watch, you could have your staff mechanic take a whack at that too.

mac, do you know if they have any parts for my cartier. i am sick and tired of sending it back to them for the damm thing to keep time.

on a side note, wow, i really missed the doc.:headbang:

drbrainey
04-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Well Gents,

Ski Dim does it again!! My mail was just delivered and there was a card from them wishing me luck on my recovered vessel. Apparently my mechanic told them the story about it being stolen.

These guys are the best, Mastercraft would lucky to have them represent them.

Dr.V

JBaker
04-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Why are we taking Brainey's bait and bashing MC dealers?

east tx skier
04-10-2008, 09:22 PM
It seems that not only do doctors have bad hand writing, but this one's spelling is a touch suspect.

Gerd
04-10-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't know about all you guy's. I'm sort of new to the site, but the dealer I bought our boat from is great. I certainly won't berate him for making a few dollars on parts and service...that's how he pays the rent, staff and all the rest. Our local guy throws a big party at the beginning of the year as appreciation to all his customers, so if he makes a few bucks off of me...so does every other business out there.
Obviously brainey's company is "non-profit"

04-10-2008, 09:58 PM
I wonder how Dr. Brainey pays his staff.

Maristar210
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM

I think he has a 501c corp. He gets that status by handing out free condoms

trickskier
04-10-2008, 10:03 PM
With Euro-dollars..............;)

Roonie's
04-10-2008, 10:05 PM

The cash rewards program.

04-10-2008, 10:05 PM
With Euro-dollars..............;)

was that supposed to be a joke or something Tricky? :confused: cuz I didnt laugh.:confused:

trickskier
04-10-2008, 10:08 PM
was that supposed to be a joke or something Tricky? :confused: cuz I didnt laugh.:confused:
Yes, it was a JOKE DUMMY............8p

flipper
04-10-2008, 10:17 PM
From reading on this site, sounds like many dealers are great, but mine sucks. I do anything and everything to avoid going there. I've ordered from other dealers, paid shipping, just so I didn't have to give my business to Cope's, which is about two miles from where I work. And the best news I've herd in a long time, Their losing MC!!!!!!!:toast:

SchuyHigh
04-10-2008, 10:35 PM
OK! I am fairly new to this site, but have come to enjoy what it offers.

I am finally glad to hear that I am not the only person who thinks his dealer is crud(sorry dusty). I have owned 4 boats-SeaRay,MC,Supra,& current MC. I tried everything possible to avoid my local dealer, but in the end I wanted another MC for all the right reasons.
When I owned my first SeaRay, they treated me like I had the plague.
I bought my first MC(PS190), a beautiful used boat, then treated like I wasn't good enough. I sold it for a Supra, then I was an outcast. Now I buy a new 197 and its like I came in and spent $.25 in the gumball machine.
Sorry for carrying on like this, but it has been building up. Everyone on this site seems great and very knowledgeable, just glad to hear others share my frustration.
P.S.-- Dusty, I still like what you bring to the table!

Jerseydave
04-10-2008, 10:37 PM
I believe Mastercraft is raising their standards as far as what they require from dealers. Hopefully dealers that get too many "negatives" will be whipped into shape or dropped totally.

Mastercraft brand is the benchmark of skiboats and wakeboats and their dealerships should reflect that image. If your dealer is way below par, notify MC about it.

(comments above are just my opinion and can be taken with a grain of salt :) )

TX.X-30 fan
04-10-2008, 10:40 PM
The cash rewards program.

That's just not funny Mr. smarty pants! I bought way too much boat because my MC dealer told me I would get 10 grand back and all I had to do was send in a sales receipt in 3 years. Well I guess you can figure out what happened, after I did everything I was supposed to do I was rejected. After endless phone call to dozens of people I still was rejected!!!

The part that is not so funny Roomies is that without that money I lost my truck, house, and just about everything I owned!!

I am currently living at the marina on that Fuc#ing boat!!!

Jerseydave
04-10-2008, 10:54 PM
OK! I am fairly new to this site, but have come to enjoy what it offers.

I am finally glad to hear that I am not the only person who thinks his dealer is crud(sorry dusty). I have owned 4 boats-SeaRay,MC,Supra,& current MC. I tried everything possible to avoid my local dealer, but in the end I wanted another MC for all the right reasons.
When I owned my first SeaRay, they treated me like I had the plague.
I bought my first MC(PS190), a beautiful used boat, then treated like I wasn't good enough. I sold it for a Supra, then I was an outcast. Now I buy a new 197 and its like I came in and spent $.25 in the gumball machine.
Sorry for carrying on like this, but it has been building up. Everyone on this site seems great and very knowledgeable, just glad to hear others share my frustration.
P.S.-- Dusty, I still like what you bring to the table!

Other boat dealers treat their customers crappy too. For example back in 2000 I purchased a used 30' Formula for $69,000 and was treated like I just bought a kayak. Then I find out another guy who spent over $250K on a new 38 foot Formula got treated the same way!!! :mad: Needless to say neither one of us will ever deal with that place again.
Some dealers just don't get it.

bigmac
04-10-2008, 11:54 PM
It seems that not only do doctors have bad hand writing, but this one's spelling is a touch suspect.What's wrong with my handwriting?

east tx skier
04-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Do you deny that it's illegible? :)

kev88
04-11-2008, 12:24 AM
I would not be caught dead driving a BMW.

I like BMWs

WESSTAR
04-11-2008, 01:03 AM
Flipper do you know why Cope and Mcpheters is losing MC or did they just stop selling them. It seemed like they always sold a lot to them.

bigmac
04-11-2008, 01:26 AM
Do you deny that it's illegible? :)
Of course I do, counselor. I even get pharmacists wanting to buy me lunch.

Wait...maybe that's pharmaceutical companies.

No matter. I have very pretty handwriting.

tex
04-11-2008, 07:15 AM
My BMW dealer was so good...he talked me right into a CTS. I still owe him for that one!

TMCNo1
04-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Flipper do you know why Cope and Mcpheters is losing MC or did they just stop selling them. It seemed like they always sold a lot to them.

It could be because no one called them for parts first, but bought them from Skidim instead, I'm just sayin'!:rolleyes:

coz
04-11-2008, 09:25 AM
That's just not funny Mr. smarty pants! I bought way too much boat because my MC dealer told me I would get 10 grand back and all I had to do was send in a sales receipt in 3 years. Well I guess you can figure out what happened, after I did everything I was supposed to do I was rejected. After endless phone call to dozens of people I still was rejected!!!

The part that is not so funny Roomies is that without that money I lost my truck, house, and just about everything I owned!!

I am currently living at the marina on that Fuc#ing boat!!!

Can someone explain this cash back thing MC was offering? :rolleyes: from the sounds of everyone here it seems MC did a bait and switch tactic with this program. :confused: has anyone received the 10k?

TX.X-30 fan
04-11-2008, 09:53 AM
I have very pretty handwriting.

When you say pretty do you mean pretty in a feminine sort of way?? :D

bigmac
04-11-2008, 10:19 AM
When you say pretty do you mean pretty in a feminine sort of way?? :D
Exactly. I even use little hearts to dot my "I"s. Pharmacists love it.

Monte
04-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Exactly. I even use little hearts to dot my "I"s. Pharmacists love it.

My sisters roomate at Chapel Hill had to take a semester course on reading Physicians' writing.. (pharmacy school) If you put hearts on your prescriptions they may need to add another chapter:rolleyes:

SkiDog
04-11-2008, 10:30 AM
It could be because no one called them for parts first, but bought them from Skidim instead, I'm just sayin'!:rolleyes:
No, I have it on good authority that they lost MC because of POOR customer service.

Maristar210
04-11-2008, 11:07 AM

No matter. I have very pretty handwriting.

okay now I am uncomfortable. (snap!! goes the glove)

Ric
04-12-2008, 10:17 AM

No matter. I have very pretty handwriting. that reminds me of a funny story about maristar210's nurses. :cool:

ProTour X9
04-12-2008, 10:22 AM
I would not be caught dead driving a BMW.

Well duh!! How can you drive if you're dead??!!8p ;)

Doug G
04-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Dr.B I am sooo disappointed. A penny saved indeed. Penny wise and pound foolish! How could someone as astute in the ways of the world as yourself overlook the big picture? The resale value impact by compromising your vessel with aftermarket parts and a private mechanic? While I am sure your staff mechanic is quite skilled , any future repairs resulting from the initial repairs will also be at your expense.

I had so admired you and was looking to you as almost an online mentor, but alas, I can no longer look upon you with the same respect.

I feel I must now drink to aleviate the misery.

TMCNo1
04-14-2008, 06:00 AM
Dr.B I am sooo disappointed. A penny saved indeed. Penny wise and pound foolish! How could someone as astute in the ways of the world as yourself overlook the big picture? The resale value impact by compromising your vessel with aftermarket parts and a private mechanic? While I am sure your staff mechanic is quite skilled , any future repairs resulting from the initial repairs will also be at your expense.

I had so admired you and was looking to you as almost an online mentor, but alas, I can no longer look upon you with the same respect.

I feel I must now drink to aleviate the misery.

Oh no, another wayward soul has hit the devil bottle over the aftermarket maintenance replacement parts fiasco! :rolleyes: :D

Before you know it, NBC will be airing a show with this guy,33643 called "To Catch a Parts Buyer" because of all this!

Jim@BAWS
04-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Skidim is a top notch service to the inboard community.

I use them exclusively, all except for the free towel and cap... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Their willingness to assist, the down home prices on their parts with unlimited, courteous, and free customer service above and beyond their call of duty is most excellent.

They do not misrepresent themselves nor their products. No gouging, and no hem-hawing around with every Tom-Dick-and-Harry trying to turn a penny. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Most of all, Skidim is a faith-based company that does indeed bring the word of Chrisitanity to their web site with daily attention to their mission. Just scroll down to the bottom of their home page. Doesn't get any better than that, all said and done at the end of the day.

Dealers and stealers, take notice. You have a tough standard to live up to.

$0.02

This is not a response to get into a match. Some companies like to wear there religion on there collars. That is there choice. But why? Is that there calling? If it is that's fine with me. What about the others that don't? Does that make them somewhat less of a company? I don't...that does not make me any less of a Christian or a lesser company? Having FAITH does not make your company a success. Hard work does. Having faith makes a person stong and gives them a reason for existance. It gives them meaning for the differences between right and wrong.

That standard is not a tough standard to live upto at all. I think it takes alot more effort to cheat a person than it does to treat them fair !!!

I have 3 folks to answer to

a) The customer
b) Myself
c) and the man upstairs

and not necessarily in that order
and sometimes my spelling is not so good...but I am working on it !

Jim@BAWS

bigmac
04-14-2008, 10:26 AM
SkiDim is a good company. They're reliable and provide excellent customer service. So does Jim. So does Mike. So does my dealer

Personally, I'd rather buy from my dealer...support him the way he's supported me. I don't know what his religious persuasion is...he hasn't put it up on his website. Nor do I care.

Jim@BAWS
04-14-2008, 11:13 AM
drbrainey,

Sorry about your accident w/ your X-45. Now that you own a WAKECRAFT I don't know if SKIDIM handles those parts for your boat. Your boat being so new and modern. The fact that it is SO UNIQUE and does'nt look like any other boat on the market. I hope that some of those needed items will be done under warranty in your garage.

Jim@BAWS

SkiDog
04-14-2008, 11:22 AM
drbrainey,

Sorry about your accident w/ your X-45. Now that you own a WAKECRAFT I don't know if SKIDIM handles those parts for your boat. Your boat being so new and modern. The fact that it is SO UNIQUE and does'nt look like any other boat on the market. I hope that some of those needed items will be done under warranty in your garage.

Jim@BAWS
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

wakeX2wake
04-14-2008, 12:01 PM
honestly... my MC dealer knows more about that boat as far as diagnostics more so than any "shade tree" mechanic could ever hope to learn... more over if there is something they do not KNOW... they have a number on speed dial that will give them the information they need to know... i don't feel at liberty to be taking their mechanics business away from them... they're the best at what they do and should be paid for doing their job

TMCNo1
04-14-2008, 12:25 PM
I love MasterCraft! :D

whitlecj
04-14-2008, 03:09 PM
the folks at skidim are excellent. they always provide quality service and know inboards as well as anyone.

Toober Tom
04-14-2008, 03:14 PM
What a neat place!!!! This thread is sure interesting.

Have faith in your impellers. they work better that way. :wavey:
HI UMP!

SkiDog
04-14-2008, 04:22 PM
HI UMP!
Poor ole Toober! I have it on good authority that his days are numbered!:( I'll be there for ya,pal!:worthy: :cry: :cry:

Ric
04-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Gonna really miss those guys :noface:

04-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Ric is in depression. Bring them back for Ric's sake. Save Ric.

Jim@BAWS
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Bueller....bueller...bueller...