View Full Version : Rubber on swim platform

04-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Just bought my MC couple months ago and love it!! One thing that bothers me is the slippery fiberglass surface of the swim platform on the Tristar 190. I've seen pics of other Tristars with a nice rubber-looking surface. Any suggestions on where to obtain or what works best?? Thanks!

04-09-2008, 07:37 AM
You could go to your local dealer and get a piece of what they are currently using on the MC fiberglass platforms. From what I have seen, it comes in a roll and then is carefully cut to the shape. I am sure you could also find something similar at Home Depot/Lowes, etc., then just glue it doen with some good epoxy glue.

04-09-2008, 08:28 AM
My experience is that MC sells that rubber stuff pre-cut for particular model-year swim platforms. Maybe they sell it in sheets to cut, but my dealer didn't think so.

Anyway, that particular material that MC uses would definitely not be my first recommendation. It has been problematic in that it tends to release black stuff that gets tracked all over the boat. I had that problem, MasterCraft acknowledged it and gave me some replacement rubber that wasn't supposed to do that, but it does.

My choice would be Deck Dots or Gator Grip.

Loot at http://wakejunky.com/

04-09-2008, 08:38 AM
My choice would be Deck Dots or Gator Grip.

Loot at http://wakejunky.com/

Gator grip works great I put these on my jetskis :D

04-09-2008, 08:59 AM
This site may be a start for rubber sheet material, as a example, http://www.sba.co.uk/rubber.asp, or Google, "Self Adhesive Sheet Rubber" or "Self Adhesive Rubber Nonskid".

04-09-2008, 10:03 AM
I really like the look of the gator grip. Thanks for the great advise!

08-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Im gonna bring this thread back to life. All these links on here are dead. I bought a 225VRS and need to replace the rubber on the swim deck. Any current help would be great appreciated.

08-14-2013, 08:41 AM

08-14-2013, 08:54 AM
If you're worries about having to bring it back to stock use surf wax, or deck tape from
skateboards...comes in all colors, incl clear, or that spray on rubber coating - Duracoat is the one I've used (this actually peels off when you want, and Ive actually painted car wheels with it so its durable and comes in all colors)

08-14-2013, 10:50 AM

What he said.

Miss Rita
08-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Seadek is pricey, but works great, multiple colors to choose from