PDA

View Full Version : Teens attack friend

Chief
04-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Sick stuff. Girls are pretty mean.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080408/ap_on_re_us/teen_beating;_ylt=AkhWKbkB1xnPZebaQcO3tBys0NUE

flipper
04-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Yep, they can be pretty mean. In high school, I saw a girl get beat probably worse than that by other girls, with huge guys block security guards on campus. Two of the security guards got slammed around, I got thrown, and the vice principal got body slammed trying to break it up. Never understood anything of that nature. If you got to fight.....then fight, one on one. Now days it's "My whole family and friends against you, and we get wepons to boot".

454Prostar190
04-09-2008, 12:57 PM
What a stupid idea! They're probably charged with assault with great bodily injury and kidnapping just for starters!

wakeX2wake
04-09-2008, 01:21 PM
yea deffinately would cross them beeches off the i'd go out w/ you list

trickskier
04-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Dr. Phil show admits to paying bond for suspect in video beating case

BARTOW -- Officials with the nationally syndicated "Dr. Phil" show admitted Saturday that producers for the show did help post bond for one of the 8 teens arrested for the videotaped beating of a Lakeland classmate.

Hours before the alleged ringleader, Mercades Nichols, bonded out of jail, a bail bondsman told ABC Action News that representatives of the TV psychiatrist had paid for her bond.

When Nichols left the jail hours later, a man claiming to be a producer for Dr. Phil's syndicated talk show helped usher Nichols and her mother out of jail. He told reporters to leave the jail because the Dr. Phil show had signed exclusive rights to Nichols' story. He repeatedly refused to comment when asked if Dr. Phil had helped pay for her bond.

Late Saturday night a representative of the show said their staff had gone too far by paying Nichols' bond and announced they had abandoned plans to have her on their show.

In an email sent to affiliates of the talk show, spokeswoman Theresa Corigliano said :

"We have helped guests and potential guests in the past when they need financial assistance to come on the show - assisting with clothing allowance, lost wages, accommodations, travel and necessities. In this case, certain staff members went beyond our guidelines (re the bail being paid). These staff members have been reprimanded and our policies reiterated. In addition, we have decided not to go forward with the story as our guidelines have been compromised."

Nichols and her mother did not say anything to the media as they left the jail Friday night. Most of the other suspects also bonded out Friday night.

http://www.news4jax.com/index.html

JohnnyB
04-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Doctor Phil's staff bails out the Ring Leader?

http://www.news4jax.com/index.html

I didn't bother reading this......IMHO Dr. Phil is an @$$. He passes himself off as high profile help, but is just a vulture seeking bad situations for showcasing in the name of personal gain...just my opinion, but he's an "ambulance chaser".

All that being said, I wish the original link had working sound :rolleyes:

trickskier
04-13-2008, 12:03 PM
I didn't bother reading this......IMHO Dr. Phil is an @$$. He passes himself off as high profile help, but is just a vulture seeking bad situations for showcasing in the name of personal gain...just my opinion, but he's an "ambulance chaser".

All that being said, I wish the original link had working sound :rolleyes:
I would have to agree with you. He's no better the Mauri Povich, Heraldo Riviera, or Jerry Springer........They will do ANYTHING for ratings!!!

bigmac
04-13-2008, 12:08 PM
What a stupid idea! They're probably charged with assault with great bodily injury and kidnapping just for starters!

Last I read, all eight have been charged with kidnapping, a first degree felony, as well as assault. Three of them were also charged with felony witness tampering. AND, all of them have been charged as adults. Bad news for them. This won't look good on their permanent record.

I don't know what's worse, the rash of stupid, senseless crimes being committed by kids these days, or the mind-boggling stupidity they continually demonstrate by videotaping it.