PDA

View Full Version : Masters week

DemolitionMan
04-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Well its Masters week here in Augusta, Georgia. So who is your pick to win the tournament?

D3skier
04-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Well its Masters week here in Augusta, Georgia. So who is your pick to win the tournament?

Jamie Beauchesne

TMCNo1
Golf or Water Ski, I hope golf!

SkiDog
Super BOY!

KnoxX2
04-07-2008, 01:50 PM
So what you are saying here Skidog is ....................You don't care!

MC2000190
04-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Tiger Woods! He is going to win the true GRAND SLAM this year!

wakeX2wake
04-07-2008, 01:59 PM
tiger... he makes everybody else look stOOpid!!!

TMCNo1
04-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Tiger Woods! He is going to win the true GRAND SLAM this year!

Do you mean they're giving away a free breakfast at Denny's????????????:rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
04-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Fred Couples wins by 12 shots, everyone stunned as he shoots 4 consecutive 63's at age 48.

SkiDog
04-07-2008, 03:12 PM
So what you are saying here Skidog is ....................You don't care!
I really don't care, however, I would like to see an AMERICAN win it! And I also don't think Tiger (Super BOY) can win the true Grand Slam this year either! He's damn good, but it ain't gonna happen! The Golf Gods won't let that happen.

Willski
04-07-2008, 03:15 PM
He seems to be the one to beat going into almost every tournament! He really seems to have it back on track. I like when he wins, because then you get to see his wife!!

wakeX2wake
04-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I like when he wins, because then you get to see his wife!!

AMEN to that!!! I can honestly see him winning 90% of the events he enters this year... this is the closest he's been in a long time to playing like he wants... his swing is complete and his game is only vunerable to minor glitches like a few yards too short or long or an occasional stray drive which we've all seen him recover from and recover well... i'm looking forward to watching him play

Edit: misspelled word

M-Funf
04-07-2008, 03:22 PM
I really hope that Freddie gives Tiger a run for his money...

Woods' is good, but give me a break...who wants to play in a tourney (or watch one) with him when they know they'll probably lose ???

TMCNo1
04-07-2008, 04:26 PM
He seems to be the one to beat going into almost every tournament! He really seems to have it back on track. I like when he wins, because then you get to see his wife!!

I think he will crash and burn!

JBaker
04-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Fred Couples wins by 12 shots, everyone stunned as he shoots 4 consecutive 63's at age 48.

I just hope he makes a hole in one for a three. ;)

JBaker
04-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I think he will crash and burn!

In golf or marriage? I think it is too late for the former. Even if he retired tomorrow, he would be one of the greatest of all time.

TX.X-30 fan
04-07-2008, 07:29 PM
I just hope he makes a hole in one for a three. ;)

Good memory Baker!! :D

VOLFAN
04-07-2008, 07:57 PM
I would like to see Boo Weakley win it!

I also will cheer on Brandt Snedeker and Chris DiMarco(If Chris was getting to play :( )

I will also pull for Tiger if he is on his game, I would like to see him win the slam.

SkiDog
04-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Good memory Baker!! :D
Yeas, I believe that happened at the Tournament Players Championship on #17. If I remember correctly, he still wasn't too happy about that one!:D

stuartmcnair
04-07-2008, 09:25 PM
most likely Tiger...the other players are scared of him right now. Makes them play tight so it's not so much him killing everyone else it's the fact that he is in their heads.

SNATCHEM
04-08-2008, 08:13 AM
Geoff Oglivy ,the cool Aussie dude is a real good chance to wear the Green Jacket on Sunday and become the first Australian to win the Masters - His form is "red hot"
Bet he likes Mastercraft as well !

trickskier
04-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Here's my pick...............Cinderella Story..............;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg8lSyGavc4

DemolitionMan
04-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Bill is in Augusta every year. He always eats at this little hole in the wall call Ruths diner. Hootie and the blow fish are playing here tonight, Eddie Money played last night, and Ron White was here on Friday night.

trickskier
04-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Bill is in Augusta every year. He always eats at this little hole in the wall call Ruths diner. Hootie and the blow fish are playing here tonight, Eddie Money played last night, and Ron White was here on Friday night.
Sounds Like a Great Time..........But Cinderella Man is still my pick........:rolleyes:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Great. a Golf Thread. I was waiting for one of these.

wakeX2wake
04-08-2008, 08:58 AM
One of my favorite personalities is Rory Sabatini but i really don't seem him making a run of things this year... i like steve stricker and our local boy from around here stewart cink's chances and somewhat dark horses... maybe not the sexiest names in the sport but they're both great ball strikers... as long as vijay doesn't win i'm fine... i hope his bag falls apart, breaks every club he brought w/ him, and he has to borrow some lefty clubs to finish on sunday... better yet i hope he doesn't even make the cut... most likely tiger wins though but i would love for any body but vijay to give him a run of things

Gerd
04-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I"ll always root for Freddie but I wouldn't mind seeing Phil M in the final 4

VOLFAN
04-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Here is a fun game on the Masters web site...

http://www.masters.org/en_US/interactive/game/putting.html

04-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I was watching some paint dry last week, and that was alot of fun, but this golf stuff is just uber exciting.

wakeX2wake
04-11-2008, 02:09 PM
ESPN Master's Leaderboard (http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/leaderboard?tournamentId=425)

for those of you who are like me and work doesn't get down w/ the whole flash player applications things

TX.X-30 fan
04-11-2008, 02:17 PM
I was watching some paint dry last week, and that was alot of fun, but this golf stuff is just uber exciting.

Go shovel snow dipstick, and leave the golf thread alone. :mad:

funk
04-11-2008, 02:31 PM
I personally think Rory is a little too hot-headed for the tour, I also see the argument that is what golf could use to liven it up but I don't dig him one bit.
So, I'm at the Northern Trust open at Riviera in February when I come across him on the 17th tee.
rory hits and it's going towards the fairway bunker.
I scream "get in the bunker", as all sounds seem to stop.
rory turns around with a staring glance at me for what seems to be minutes.
he then says "do you really enjoy being out here?"
I reply "of course, this is great" while sipping a nice cold beverage.
he shakes his head and walks away.
I yell "good luck, rory!"
He is fuming from his ears. My group won't let me continue to follow due to this "incident" although many others in the crowd gave me a pat on the back.
Rory is in the bunker, hits into another fairway bunker, hits into the lip and back to his feet, into the greenside bunker, onto green and a two-putt for a 7 on the par 5.

Way to keep your cool Rory.. I'm a Tiger fan and he has continuously went after tiger and when he left tiger's tourney early and dumped the rental car at the terminal it just wasn't right! To this day people that were with me still give me a hard time for heckling, I didn't mean to get his attention but it will definitely be something I remember for a long time.

Tiger is going to have a lot of work to do though this week!

Datdude
04-11-2008, 02:59 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........ classic! :cool: :D

Jerry Kelly is going to win it!

TX.X-30 fan
04-11-2008, 03:00 PM
I personally think Rory is a little too hot-headed for the tour, I also see the argument that is what golf could use to liven it up but I don't dig him one bit.
So, I'm at the Northern Trust open at Riviera in February when I come across him on the 17th tee.
rory hits and it's going towards the fairway bunker.
he then says "do you really enjoy being out here?"
I reply "of course, this is great" while sipping a nice cold beverage.
he shakes his head and walks away.
I yell "good luck, rory!"
He is fuming from his ears. My group won't let me continue to follow due to this "incident" although many others in the crowd gave me a pat on the back.
Rory is in the bunker, hits into another fairway bunker, hits into the lip and back to his feet, into the greenside bunker, onto green and a two-putt for a 7 on the par 5.

Way to keep your cool Rory.. I'm a Tiger fan and he has continuously went after tiger and when he left tiger's tourney early and dumped the rental car at the terminal it just wasn't right! To this day people that were with me still give me a hard time for heckling, I didn't mean to get his attention but it will definitely be something I remember for a long time.

Tiger is going to have a lot of work to do though this week!

Funk you may a great guy and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but what you did has no place in golf. If you know the game players and fans alike never pull against anyone, at least not at a tournament site. This game is a gentlemen's game and to remain as such I would hope some of this kind of behavior will not be tolerated by the PGA or USGA.

No offence intended, hey everyone gets overly excited once in a while even UMP but that's a whole other midget stripper thing. :D

wakeX2wake
04-11-2008, 03:02 PM
immelman is on fire... and i'm super inpressed w/ snedeker's play thus far... steve flesch has shot the lowest round of the masters thus far following up an E day... he could be one to be dealt w/ if he keeps it up... phil is playing well and could give things a run depending... tiger always has to be a factor... the guy can shoot E on thursday and finish 18 under for the event... he will show us today if he's going to show up as a scratch golfer or the greatest golfer in the world and take this event like everyone is expecting

funk
04-11-2008, 03:06 PM
I understand your point. I have played since I was 13 and taught by my grandfather, thru junior golf, high school golf, and a bit at a JC. I completely understand the etiquette involved while golfing. I didn't yell in his backswing. He dishes out all his mad talk so he can take it as well, I guess I shouldn't have sunk to his level!!

Funk you may a great guy and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but what you did has no place in golf. If you know the game players and fans alike never pull against anyone, at least not at a tournament site. This game is a gentlemen's game and to remain as such I would hope some of this kind of behavior will not be tolerated by the PGA or USGA.

No offence intended, hey everyone gets overly excited once in a while even UMP but that's a whole other midget stripper thing. :D

04-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Golf .

Jim@BAWS
04-12-2008, 07:49 AM
I think that Bobby Jones is going to make a comeback this year. Other than that I hope Arnold Palmer wins. I know UMP probably wants SUZIE PALMER to win

Jim@BAWS

rodecker1978
04-13-2008, 12:00 AM
GOOOOO Tiger!!! Tell me you wouldn't love to see him come back and win THE MASTERS after a 6 shot deficit 3 rounds in!!!

However, if Immelman wins I'll be happy for him...I think he's a fantastic player and a real gentleman and sportsman.

icewake
04-13-2008, 12:09 AM
I agree with rod. golf is all about the gentlemen of sports. its one of the only sports where you see "real" men/women play for fun and make a good time of it. granted they makes good money they dont really boast about it.

TMCNo1
04-13-2008, 09:42 AM
"And Tiger Woods is still in the picture, just barely."
Works for me! He may still win it so the PGA can call him their "Miracle Baby"!

TMCNo1
04-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Trevor Immelman wins the Green Jacket!
Tiger Woods, whose hopes for a calendar Grand Slam ended with a thud.

SchuyHigh
04-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Trevor Immelman wins the Green Jacket!
Tiger Woods, whose hopes for a calendar Grand Slam ended with a thud.

A thud?? Worst week of golf he has played in a long time and only one guy is better? Give him a little credit, can't win em all.

And you know a little piece of you thought Trevor was going to choke after the water then the bunker?

TMCNo1
04-13-2008, 09:51 PM
A thud?? Worst week of golf he has played in a long time and only one guy is better? Give him a little credit, can't win em all.

And you know a little piece of you thought Trevor was going to choke after the water then the bunker?

Sorry, I should a posted the whole story,

By DOUG FERGUSON - AP Golf Writer
AUGUSTA, Ga.(AP) Trevor Immelman has never felt better.
Four months after he had a tumor removed from his back, Immelman handled the wind and pressure of Augusta National far better than anyone chasing him Sunday to win the Masters, the first South African in a green jacket in 30 years.
Immelman held it together around Amen Corner and stretched his lead to as many as six shots on the back nine, taking the life out of a Masters that began with so much hype.
A two-putt par on the final hole gave him a 3-over 75, matching the highest final round by a Masters champion. Even so, it was good enough for a three-shot victory over Tiger Woods, whose hopes for a calendar Grand Slam ended with a thud.
Woods never got within five shots of the lead when he was on the course, twice missed birdie putts inside 8 feet and had to settle for a 72 and his second consecutive runner-up finish in the Masters.
"I learned my lesson there with the press," said Woods, who started the talk about a Grand Slam by stating three months ago that winning all four majors in the same year was "easily within reason."
The only slam possibilities now belong to Immelman, a 28-year-old with a polished swing, who finally realized his potential in the wicked wind of Augusta and a final round that yielded only four rounds under par.

04-13-2008, 10:40 PM
I cant wait to see who wins. the suspense is just amazing.

04-13-2008, 10:44 PM
I agree with rod. golf is all about the gentlemen of sports. its one of the only sports where you see "real" men/women play for fun and make a good time of it. granted they makes good money they dont really boast about it.
are you saying that sports like basketball and nascar racing are filled with NON gentlemen?

TMCNo1
04-14-2008, 06:19 AM
are you saying that sports like basketball and nascar racing are filled with NON gentlemen?

NASCAR does have it's "Gentlemen"!:rolleyes: :D

"Men's Vogue"
Jeff Gordon became the first NASCAR driver to be featured in "Men's Vogue."

The 'Fabulous Factor' for Gordon keeps on going up

By Raygan Swan (http://www.nascar.com/news/opinion/raygan_swan), NASCAR.COM
April 11, 2008
01:42 PM EDT

var clickExpire = "-1";Jeff Gordon (http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/jgordon00/cup/index.html): Don't hate him because he's beautiful.
Ladies, admit it. You all can agree that Gordon is the cat's meow, easy on the eyes and downright charming.
But all the No. 24 haters will tell you Gordon is nothing but a pretty face, disconnected from NASCAR's homespun, Southern fan base and even (sigh) light in the loafers?
As ridiculous as it sounds, some men apparently still believe if you don't have a visible Skoal ring in your Wranglers, you must be gay!
These types who say Gordon is light in the loafers merely suffer from I-wish-I-could-fill-those-loafers jealousy. And by the way, Gordon's loafers: Prada!
The subject, along with our sport's four-time champion, is discussed in Men's Vogue this month where the Hendrick Motorsports driver dons European slim-cut suits and could be mistaken for one of the magazine's staff models. Yes, he looks that good, but I also say that because the Vogue readership is likely unfamiliar with Gordon off the track and out of his fire suit.
Editor-in-chief Jay Fielden chose Gordon, the first NASCAR driver to be featured in a Vogue publication, because he's another talented athlete, married to a model, and is hazed for expressing too much individual style.
Fielden writes, "Dale Earnhardt Sr. may have called him 'Wonder Boy,' but his crisp appearance -- 'I'm a Prada shoe guy' -- and Manhattan bio do to the Talladega locals what Jean Girard and his 'jazz moozeek' did to Ricky Bobby."
Anyway, in the article, which highlights and even perpetuates several NASCAR and Gordon stereotypes, the driver further demonstrates why he continues to be the class of the field.
He embraces the idea of hybrid racecars, talks of why he chose the Big Apple over Dixieland and why refined taste isn't just for girly men.
Still, the fashionable statement I appreciated the most: "The man has liquid nitrogen in his veins and carbon-steel castanets in his fireproof undies."

Yes, that describes Gordon alright, but more than that I appreciate Gordon's willingness to be the millionaire, sports mogul, model-izer, metro-sexual he has become without apology. I appreciate Gordon's unwillingness to pander to Southern cultures and pleasantries simply to please a crowd.
Sure, he grew up in Indiana and could use double negatives and wear Dickies with the best of them. (This is now me perpetuating the stereotypes) He could've refused to shave his working-man's mustache and left his eyebrows to converge into a monobrow, yes.
But he didn't. He epitomizes the Manhattan culture, wears flat-front pants and a trendy coiffed hair-do.
For this, a large faction of NASCAR fans hate him. And more of them hate him because of his natural ability behind the wheel. And most of them hate the fact that this time last year, Gordon garnered his first victory at Phoenix International Raceway, tying him with the late Dale Earnhardt (http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/dearnhar00/cup/index.html) for sixth in all-time wins.
This pushed the Gordon haters right over the edge. A barrage of beer cans poured from the stands onto the No. 24 Chevrolet as Gordon went on to perform a burnout in celebration.
I would have to say displays such as these makes the aforementioned stereotypes ring true and continues to have outsiders believing NASCAR has failed to evolve past beer bellies and wife beaters, again, another stereotype.
So for me, Gordon is the pocket full of cool points I dip into when arguing with non-NASCAR types who choose to believe the sport is still steeped in moonshine and Southern fried.
He's the bridge that will gap a new generation of potential NASCAR fans who identify "going green" as an environmental movement, not a change in track conditions.
Gordon can captivate and convert Gen-Xers at home watching Saturday Night Live to avid NASCAR fans and speak to stay-at-home moms hooked to daytime TV like Live with Regis and Kelly.
As someone who has hosted to both network shows, Gordon is the pop culture pass NASCAR needs to keep the sport relevant with mainstream audiences.
This is why I love Gordon and his cologne-add, wine making, fashion-week-going fine, fabulous self.
He's takes NASCAR to a new dimension and satisfies the appetites of fans who follow the sport as a lifestyle, not just camber and carbon fiber seats.
So again, don't hate him because he's beautiful. Love him for what he does for the sport.
The opinions expressed are solely those of the writer.

wakeX2wake
04-14-2008, 09:35 AM
T.I. had a heck of a weekend and i'm sure it's a dream come true... Tiger accidentally placed second due to not making puts but hitting the ball well in general the rest of the field that was ahead of Tiger just melted away on Sunday which has become the norm... notable Immelman shot his worst round of the week on Sunday while Tiger shot his 3rd round at even 72