PDA

View Full Version : Water too high?

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-07-2008, 02:30 PM
When is the water ever too high to put in!?!? :o

I guess it's all a matter of 'want', but with all other ramps closed due to water covering ramps, docks, AND parking lots...this is all that was left. My 'want' diminished when thinking about the boat coming in to ashpalt to pick me up.

Water is about 15-20' higher than normal and they can't let out like they want due to the Ohio River running high.

I've got bets going on when they first announce we'll be in drought conditions later this summer! :rolleyes:

chudson
04-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Already heard from farm weather forcasters "wet spring / dry summer". Don't need drought !!!:mad:

wakeX2wake
04-07-2008, 03:37 PM
no way i put my boat on that... i'd be a garbage can in one of those parking lots would play destuction on a prop and rudder

TX.X-30 fan
04-07-2008, 03:44 PM

I guess it's all a matter of 'want', but with all other ramps closed due to water covering ramps, docks, AND parking lots...this is all that was left. My 'want' diminished when thinking about the boat coming in to ashpalt to pick me up.

Water is about 15-20' higher than normal and they can't let out like they want due to the Ohio River running high.

I've got bets going on when they first announce we'll be in drought conditions later this summer! :rolleyes:

I thought all the rednecks were in Oklahoma???? :D

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-07-2008, 03:51 PM
I thought all the rednecks were in Oklahoma???? :D

ROFL! Nope! Plenty here!

Discharge 'normal'...

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Discharge yesterday...

dapicatti
04-07-2008, 04:04 PM
What a mess

coz
04-07-2008, 04:16 PM

Hey P! be sure to watch out for thos bus benches if the water is stop sign high you woun't be able to see those buggers, and don't forget parked cars underwater :D

Willski
04-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Our river (Illinois) has been high all winter/spring. It is okay, but when it is up, there is a lot of debris in it.

flipper
04-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Do you still have to go by the traffic laws in a boat?

School Skier
04-07-2008, 04:20 PM
With the dry weather we've had since the late 90s we could use some of that water in Wisconsin where I do my skiing. We haven't had enough water to get my MC in on the lake we have our cottage on. I'm sure since we had enough snow this winter we will still be behind in water levels. We all hope Lake Michigan goes up too.

Jayc
04-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Looks like you still have plenty of ramp left in the 1st pic. Its when the water gets over the top of the ramp and on to the level areas you might have an issue.

Where I launch its a tidal beach area and if I'm unlucky enough to have to come in at high tide I often have to back the truck in the water so deep the water comes up to the seats because the ramp angle is so shallow!

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Technically that is not the 'ramp'. It's the approach road. The stop signs (IIRC) are the beginning of the turnaround area where it tells you to stop to prepare your boat for launching. The actual (concrete) ramp starts in well below.

Besides, for the amount of time we had...there was more risk than reward. :o