PDA

View Full Version : LA and Vegas

sizzler
04-07-2008, 08:04 AM
well....the third part of the trilogy is finally upon us.....my 40th celebrations...part 1 and 2 survived....

am off to LA on weds and then driving to Vegas on friday lunchtime..staying in vegas until monday......cant wait.....

never been to LA before....staying at the Fairmont Miramar Santa Monica..was gonna stay at the Mondrian ,but they have building work going on ,and i fancy having an ocean view,so Santa Monica it is.....

picking up a car from LAX and driving to Vegas...this is a 'bucket list' kinda thing for me....how long is it gonna take???

dropping it off at THE HOTEL at Mandalay Bay...and staying there for 3 nights......have been vegas before so dont need to do the Dam/Canyon thing....

any suggestions for stuff to do in LA/SM...Only there 2 nights...so not much time....

pete......

coz
04-07-2008, 09:04 AM
well....the third part of the trilogy is finally upon us.....my 40th celebrations...part 1 and 2 survived....

am off to LA on weds and then driving to Vegas on friday lunchtime..staying in vegas until monday......cant wait.....

never been to LA before....staying at the Fairmont Miramar Santa Monica..was gonna stay at the Mondrian ,but they have building work going on ,and i fancy having an ocean view,so Santa Monica it is.....

picking up a car from LAX and driving to Vegas...this is a 'bucket list' kinda thing for me....how long is it gonna take???

dropping it off at THE HOTEL at Mandalay Bay...and staying there for 3 nights......have been vegas before so dont need to do the Dam/Canyon thing....

any suggestions for stuff to do in LA/SM...Only there 2 nights...so not much time....

pete......

This is what I would do in LA if I were you

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2389/1736072600_5ac9463a0f_o.jpg

Have Fun!

TMCNo1
04-07-2008, 09:25 AM
You could always take the plant tour at rod's WakeCraft boat factory!

vegashomeexpert
04-07-2008, 11:26 AM

pete......
The drive from LAX to Vegas should be 4.5 hrs +/- as long as you leave at lunch time. If you leave any later, add +++ hrs due to mega traffic. Have fun and hit MIX again. We finally made it there after your rave reviews from the last trip. It IS awesome!

sizzler
04-07-2008, 11:29 AM
picking the car up at 11am....so should be ok........

am going with my brother and a pal...they have never been before,so MIX is defo on the list the first night.....:D

sizzler
04-07-2008, 11:31 AM
This is what I would do in LA if I were you

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2389/1736072600_5ac9463a0f_o.jpg

Have Fun!

That is a done deal.....

sizzler
04-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Right then fellas......i'm outta here and on my way over......goodbye snowy england ,hello sunny santa monica.....

bye

coz
04-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Have a good holliday!

Here's the weather you'll have :D
Today: Partly to mostly cloudy. High 61F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy after midnight. Low 49F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Sun and a few passing clouds. High 61F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow night: A few clouds. Low near 50F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday: Sunshine. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 50s.
Friday: Sunshine. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 50s.
Saturday: Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 50s.
:D

east tx skier
04-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Have fun, Pete. Mandalay Bay was my favorite when I was there several years back. I'm not much for gambling, but it has a lot of nice things to look at.

Do enjoy our deflated currency. :o

And happy 40th!