PDA

View Full Version : Stars and Stripes Bellhousing Blues

farmboy0318
04-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I am in the process of restoring the engine in my 1981 stars and stripes, which has been a complete fiasco, and I have run into a snag. I had to replace the bell housing and I cannot for the life of me remember where the stud bolts that hold the bell housing to the engine itself go. It has been almost a year since it was taken down. These four studs are approximately 3 inches long with threads on both ends. Does anyone know of/have a diagram that would help me out? Any and all help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Dan K
04-07-2008, 08:32 AM
I have an 81 also and the bellhousing as best I can recall was only held on by bolts not studs. I was sort of a pain to get it lines up on the guide pins and get the bolts started. I took it apart twice so nw I know a bit better. My boat is in storage a couple hours drive from home so I can't get pictures for you. I do have a manual that I will look at later today for you if that helps.

farmboy0318
04-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the response, but no need. I finally got in touch with a velvet drive rep. who sent me a copy of the diagram. I have it back together now. Thanks again.