PDA

View Full Version : Fly High / Pylon cover??

bridomine99
04-06-2008, 05:11 PM
I recently purchased a Fly High and when i put it over the pylon there is a little play. Should it be a very solid fit and if not has anyone tried putting a sleave or something over the pylon before putting the Fly High on it?

Thanks

JohnnyB
04-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Define "a little play". Mine probably had somewhere between 1/8" and 1/4" play in the diameter. Once you snug down the strap to the bow, it is gone.

You could go to the website or call BI for the instructions on how to tension the bow strap correctly.

Also, go below your floor and make sure you tighten the u-bolts on the pylon and also the bolts that tie the pylon bracket to the boat.

lanier92prostar
04-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Define "a little play". Mine probably had somewhere between 1/8" and 1/4" play in the diameter. Once you snug down the strap to the bow, it is gone.

You could go to the website or call BI for the instructions on how to tension the bow strap correctly.

Also, go below your floor and make sure you tighten the u-bolts on the pylon and also the bolts that tie the pylon bracket to the boat.

When you tighten the brackets in the floor make sure you don't over tighten and send the bolt through the bottom of the boat. Had a friend do that, he thought he was just turning the nut, but it fact he was turning the entire bolt and sent it throught the bottom of his boat.

To answer your main question, there is a little play in the pylon. It will disappear when you tighten the front stap.

coz
04-06-2008, 06:07 PM

Same w mine :D

vogelm1
04-06-2008, 06:47 PM
It will jiggle on the pylon pretty good until you buckle the strap that goes around the bow. The Fly High will actually get pulled forward some...enough you could almost get your pinky-finger in between the pylong and Fly High at the bottom (not quite, but there is that much play). Totally normal.

bridomine99
04-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks guys, I bought it on Craigslist and wasn't sure if this was normal. I downloaded the instruction for setting up the cable tensions so I should be good to go.

wakechic2786
04-06-2008, 09:08 PM
I recently purchased my boat and it came with a fly high pole. The guy who owned it had place a thing on the ski pole to keep it from having play in it. It works great. I don't know what to call it but it looks like fishing net that fits down over the ski pole. I just leave it there all the time. I'll try and post a pic of it.

wakechic2786
04-06-2008, 09:12 PM
This is the only picture I have right now but you can see it in the corner. Hope this helps.

SunCoast 83
04-07-2008, 12:59 AM
A Gym Sock works too :) I have the black powder coated ski pylon, so I also use the sock to protect it from getting scratched.

jraben8
04-07-2008, 08:47 AM
I have gone with the sock route too but when the racks have boards in them it still has a tendancy to move around a bit. Probably 30 degrees either way especially if there is any substantial wind.