PDA

View Full Version : amp location help ?

flat broke
04-06-2008, 05:20 PM
hey guys I am thinking of some different types of set up or areas to mount two amps in my boat. I have a 89 pro star 190 and would like to hear some of your ideas or your current set ups of if or what you may have done something different the next time ? I am thinking about maybe trying to mount them under the pass side cushion by the battery in a poss enclosure to keep them dry and maybe some computer fans to keep them from over heating any ideas would be greatly appreciated thank you :)

bridomine99
04-06-2008, 05:47 PM
I just mounted mine up under the drivers side / dash board on my 01 PS190. It fit nicely on the front face between some of the other electrical equipment. Granted yours will be different, but this location made sense because it is dry, out of the sun, and will have good air flow for cooling.

Good luck

JohnE
04-06-2008, 06:43 PM
I'd mount it under the dash on the observer side. Same as most boats....

JimN
04-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Take the boat out, run it hard and get it really wet. After you have all of that fun, crawl around in any potential locations and find any wet areas. If you find any, you know that's a bad spot. Some places that seem like good spots end up not being so good.

flat broke
04-07-2008, 12:57 AM
can anybody give me a discription on how they actually mounted it ? like what kind of hard ware or I would assume some kind of bracket ? I would also like to try to run some ballast up front and do not know if that would be an issue with the amps under the dash. can anyone maybe post some pics please. and does anybody have any info or rec set up to upgrade the alternator ? once again thank you for your replies it does help me :)

flat broke
04-07-2008, 03:05 PM
bump bump :)

moleson10
04-07-2008, 08:48 PM
FWIW. I mounted two JL amps in my 197. The first amp, I mounted direct to the bulkhead under the spotters seat (typical). There wasn't enough room for a second amp mounted to the bulkhead so I made a U shaped bracket that straddles the first amp. Then I mounted the second amp on the bracket. Now I have two amps (stacked) in the same space as one.

bridomine99
04-08-2008, 09:06 PM
I went to Ace hardware and picked up some stainless screws. Predrilled the holes and mounted it without a problem.