PDA

View Full Version : How to Add a Second Pair of Tower Speakers

jeffrpod
04-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi, Looking for some help on how to add a second pair of tower speakers to an 06 X2. I currently have 1 pair of Factory Installed JL Tower speakers (w/Lights) and I want to add a second pair.

Questions:
1. Is the tower wiring already in place from the factory, or will I need to run new wire?

2. My current pair is being driven by the factory installed 5 channel amp. Whats the best/easiest way to drive the second pair? My guess is I can add a second 2 channel amp and take an output from the first amp.

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but I couldn't find any info.

Thanks,
Jeff

Roonie's
04-06-2008, 03:19 PM
I just added two tower speakers w/ lights to my tower and the wiring was already there clipped to the back of the cap ready to be plugged in. It was easy and took about 5 minutes. I have an 07 tower.

What is the current amp powering?

The two new speakers can be powered by a 2 channel amp in addition to what you have.

ttu
04-06-2008, 03:46 PM
roonie, did you have to add a additional amp.

Roonie's
04-06-2008, 05:16 PM
roonie, did you have to add a additional amp.

The answer is yes. I didn't have any speakers on the tower at all and I added two so I am adding amp to power it all. I haven't added the amp yet but installed the speakers this last week.

dapicatti
04-06-2008, 05:36 PM
We added 2 amps to our boat, one with the first set of 2 speakers and then one when we added the subs and 2 more speakers.