PDA

View Full Version : Cooling System Circ Question

JohnnyB
04-05-2008, 07:39 PM
OK....rolled the boat out of the garage, put all the hoses and plugs back in, connected up the fake-a-lake and fired it up.

It only cranked for about 2-3sec and then fired right up and purred like a kitten.

I let it get up to temp and noticed that water was only dribbling out the exhaust.....all hoses from the RW intake up to the tstat were cold to the touch....my well water is very cold. The hose from the tstat to the water pump was warm, but not hot. The hoses from the tstat to the risers were cool to the touch. No water was going into the bilge. Where was the water going??? Boat held temp for a good 5min. I CAREFULLY loosened various hoses in the system and found water to be flowing/leaking at each point.

My driveway is on a slight incline and I run a drop hitch so I can get the boat out of the garage with the tower.....is this just gravity???

Where's the water going????

bigmac
04-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Dunno. Water pours out my exhaust when I do that.

http://mccollister.info/cooling diagram.jpg

Jayc
04-06-2008, 06:09 AM
If the nose is pointing down it can take 5 mins or more before you start seeing it from the exhausts and even then it can be just a trickle. The exhaust pipes hold a huge amount.

If now leaks anywhere else and temp stayed ok then that's the only explanation.

JohnnyB
04-06-2008, 09:34 AM
If the nose is pointing down it can take 5 mins or more before you start seeing it from the exhausts and even then it can be just a trickle. The exhaust pipes hold a huge amount.

If now leaks anywhere else and temp stayed ok then that's the only explanation.

Kinda what I was thinking. I'm going to wet test it in the coming week......hoping to get out footin' next weekend :D