PDA

View Full Version : Ooops! 03 x2 instrument panel

Kummer
04-04-2008, 11:35 AM
My dash panels have a clear film over them that has deteriorated and under some sections was a reside or some type of corrosion. It bothered me so I decided to take out the panel remove the rest of the clear film then us a rubbing compound to get rid of the defects. Now I have worn away all the circular details... I donít know if you guys know what I am talking about so here is a pic of what is should look like. Any suggestions on how to restore it? Has this happened to anyone else?

lassy
04-07-2008, 08:53 PM
yo kummer.....

that pattern is called engine turning. you might be able to recreate it with a drill press, but the "human error" factor will be HUGE. if you had a cnc mill you could redo the entire thing.....or just the area that you polished away. you have to use a light abrasive to create the circular pattern.

google "engine turning" and you'll learn more than you'd ever imagine about it.

if you know someone with a cnc mill, they could do it for you no problem. if you were down here in georgia, i could get it done for ya.

Kummer
04-11-2008, 09:59 AM
tx lassy any chnace that I could mail it to you to have it done? Dont know of anyone around here.