PDA

View Full Version : Fellow SC Skiers

kjohnson
04-03-2008, 01:11 PM
KnoxX2 has emailed me a couple of times about skiing somewhere near Sumter. I told him Lake Marion is probably the closest. Anybody else have any ideas? Wateree? Longbranch?

KnoxX2
04-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks Kjohnson....

We are just looking for some local advice on the lakes in the area.

wolfpack
04-03-2008, 08:35 PM
I live in SC, about 20 miles from Sumter. We spend our weekends on Lake Murray. We use to go to Wateree but found it difficult to find coves to wakeboard in.

I've also been to Lake Marion, and if you don't know your way around the lake I would not risk taking my boat unless you have a spare prop. You ride around the channel and see stumps sticking up everywhere. Great fishing but not the best wakeboarding/skiing Lake.

H20skeefreek
04-04-2008, 01:29 AM
There are several ski lakes near sumter. For instance Emerald Lake 34°12'6.27"N 80° 0'24.15"W I know NOTHING about this one. Bouy Creek is in St. George, Trophy and Oz are in Charleston. But these are all ski lakes, not boarding lakes. I KNOW LongBranch is not an option for boarding, unless you want to make 4 enemies real quick. Tournament boats only.

I know of a few places that'd be good to board at on the north side of lake wateree, but it's a haul up there from the end closest to Sumter.

H20skeefreek
04-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Check this out as a resource http://www.waterskiresource.com/downloads/googleskisites.kmz