PDA

View Full Version : New Lifevest for the family addition

6ballsisall
04-01-2005, 10:14 PM
I took Brieod's lead and picked one of these up for our little one who should make an appearance this summer! Makes a new to be father get all excited for good times with the kids on the water.

6ballsisall
04-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Pic #2-purchased from Overtons

east tx skier
04-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Excellent. Mine's hanging on the wall with the others, just waitin' for Jr.

Granite_33
04-05-2005, 11:24 AM
We have had the joy of 2 of them. :)

The life vests generally work out well. However, if you have a pudgy little girl / boy, the vests tend to squeeze their cheeks and face.

I don't think we ever zipped up the vests all the way on either one of them............(actually had to take a bit of padding out :eek: but just enough to allow for a more snug fit.)

peason
04-05-2005, 11:28 AM
One of our sons had problem with breaking out in a rash after wearing life vest all day. Problem solved with him wearing a "rash' guard t-shirt underneath. May help to change to different make of life vest too.

BriEOD
04-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Looks good Jeff. I had Cody in his last weekend at a hotel pool. It works very well.

6ballsisall
04-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the advice guys! Getting excited about the little one coming! I figure I will have her barefooting by age of 4 :D

Bugsrus
04-07-2005, 01:01 PM
How old were your kids when you started taking them on the boat. I have a 2.5 year old that loves to go out in the boat. Hopefully she will ski this year. But we also have a 2 month old. Is it safe to bring him in the boat already? Are there any laws that say how old passengers have to be? Thanks.

Granite_33
04-07-2005, 01:09 PM
How old were your kids when you started taking them on the boat. I have a 2.5 year old that loves to go out in the boat. Hopefully she will ski this year. But we also have a 2 month old. Is it safe to bring him in the boat already? Are there any laws that say how old passengers have to be? Thanks.
No laws on age minimum. (to my knowledge, which is severely limited) Only laws on what type of vests they have to wear and how old they have to be before they can stop wearing them. That Varies by state. Many states will dictate which type vests (I, II, III) should be warn by children and the weight ranges for them. Check with your local marina or dealer, they should have literature and guidelines.

Granite_33
04-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Almost forgot. My son was 5 months old for his maiden voyage. My daughter was 3 months old for hers. :)

They both love riding on the boat!!! :woohoo:

6ballsisall
04-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Almost forgot. My son was 5 months old for his maiden voyage. My daughter was 3 months old for hers. :)

They both love riding on the boat!!! :woohoo:

I like your statement in your profile Granite!! It is SO true!

east tx skier
04-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Don't know when ours will be skiing. My wife first skied at age 4 1/2. She was driving the boat pulling her dad on slalom by age 9.

Granite_33
04-07-2005, 01:34 PM
I like your statement in your profile Granite!! It is SO true!
I can't remember where I read it......but I printed it out and its on my wall!
Having been in the middle of my share of problems, its something I now remember when a member of my sales team comes to me with a problem.

I like to change them occasionally too when something hits me like that quote did................