PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Graders Murder Plot?

TMCNo1
04-02-2008, 07:41 AM
It's time to call the National Guard in to protect the sandbox, damned cool kids table!

Apr 1, 2008 – Georgia Times Union Tuesday
Third-graders grilled on plot to kill teacher (http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/040108/geo_263715960.shtml)
Teresa Stepzinski reports that police questioned a group of third-graders suspected in a plot to kill their teacher at Center Elementary School on Monday, apparently because she had scolded one of them for standing on a chair. The nine students - girls and boys, 8 and 9 years old - are too young to be charged with a crime under Georgia law, a prosecutor told the Times-Union. School officials rounded up the students Friday morning and alerted police after another pupil tipped off a teacher that a girl, the suspected mastermind, had brought a weapon to school, Police Chief Tony Tanner said. Police seized a broken steak knife, handcuffs, duct tape, electrical and transparent tape, ribbons and a crystal paperweight from the students, who apparently intended to use them against the teacher, Tanner said. The plot was a serious threat, he said.

Apr 1, 2008 – Waycross Journal
Third Graders Schemed To Kill Their Teacher (http://www.wjhnews.com/)
Myra Thrift reports that a plot to murder a third grade Center Elementary School teacher was thwarted Friday when a student told authorities about the plan just before the start of the school day. Eleven of 12 students in the special education class schemed to murder their teacher, Belle Carter, taking with them to school a steak knife, a roll of duct tape, handcuffs, ribbon and a heavy crystal paperweight, all of which were confiscated by school officials. Parents, fellow teachers and relatives of Carter said the murder plot was detailed and that the students had specific assignments, such as taping paper over windows and wiping up blood.

Monte
04-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Wow.............. Third graders huh?

ProTour X9
04-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Must be a mean teacher.....

TMCNo1
04-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Must be a mean teacher.....

"apparently because she had scolded one of them for standing on a chair"

Next time the kid will fall out of the chair and the parents will sue the teacher, school and school system for $18 million because the teacher didn't scold the kid for standing in the chair!:confused:

School Skier
04-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Too many liberals running the judicial system!

wakeX2wake
04-02-2008, 10:23 AM
WOW....... and it was a special ed class... just goes to show how malicious kids are

SkiDog
04-02-2008, 12:36 PM
WOW....... and it was a special ed class... just goes to show how malicious kids are
I've been trying to tell all ya'll not to mess with us southern folks! But no, ya'lls won't listen!:D We start em young round these here parts, not to take ANY shizzle from anybody! it ain't gonna be pretty!:D

flipper
04-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Who's Ed? and why is he so special?:confused: :D

#47of100TeamMC
04-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Before I think out loud thoughts of "kids these days" and "I wonder who the parents are"...Are we sure that Apr 1, 2008 has nothing to do with this alleged story?

TMCNo1
04-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Do you think they called of the ice cream trip in the short yellow bus to Dairy Queen after all this, surely not????????????????

trickskier
04-09-2008, 10:01 AM
This is absolutely RIDICULOUS!!! The NAACP is saying the kids are innocent and wants an investigaton of the teacher??? Are you kidding me??? They bring handcuffs and a knife to school with a premeditated plot to harm or kill their teacher and they're innocent??? Talk about trying to twist the facts!!!

3rd-Grader Speaks Out About Plot To Hurt Teacher
NAACP Asked School District For Independent Investigation

POSTED: 7:29 pm EDT April 8, 2008
UPDATED: 8:29 pm EDT April 8, 2008

WAYCROSS, Ga. -- One of the nine children suspended from a Waycross elementary school after a plot to harm a teacher was unveiled spoke out Tuesday afternoon about how and why the plot came about.

Laniyah Garner, a shy, soft-spoken 9-year-old Center Elementary School third-grader, told Channel 4 that she felt threatened to participate in the plot but said she never planned to harm her teacher.

When asked what the kids were planning to do to their teacher, Laniyah said, "I think they said to hurt or kill her."

"I was shocked that she would even be involved with anything like that, and that anything like this would even happen. I was really speechless," said Laniyah's mother, Stephanie Lockie-Garner.

She said her daughter told her that she had been assigned a specific job in the plot -- to tie up the teacher's feet.

Laniyah said the plot was created because one girl had been sent to time out and another girl was also punished.

"Ms. Carter had took something from her that she wasn't supposed to be playing with," Laniyah said.

After the students' plot was uncovered after another child reported see a fellow classmate with a weapon, nine students were suspended from school and three of the nine were charged with crimes because they're accused of bringing a steak knife, handcuffs and other items to school to carry out the scheme.

Now, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has called for the teacher to be investigated and criticized the Ware County School District for how it handled the situation.

NAACP Wants Teacher Threatened By Students' Plot Investigated

"I think what we need is to look beyond the kids, and maybe we should find what really happened," said Larry Lockey, of the Ware County chapter of the NAACP.

The NAACP asked for the school district and the Justice Department to have an independent investigation to determine what provoked the students to form a plot to hurt their teacher.

"This is an issue about right and wrong, and we want to know what happened in that classroom where you have students who were A and B students -- overachievers in many ways -- that would cause those students to end up in a predicament like this," said Georgia NAACP President Edward Dubose.

At a Tuesday afternoon news conference that was attended by many community members and some of the nine suspended children's parents, the group's leader said there is more to the story than originally thought. Dubose said the students involved in the plot had at some point come forward to counselors at the elementary school about concerns with their teacher.

"What happened in that classroom that caused those students to reach a point after they had complained, we're told, to people over and over again and they were not listened to?" Dubose said.

The NAACP also called for the school board to hold an emergency meeting to look at the punishment handed out to the students allegedly involved in the plot.

Link to Video:

http://www.news4jax.com/video/15829659/index.html

wakeX2wake
04-09-2008, 10:21 AM
would it be possible for the NAACP to be disbanded?... the NAACP is much like labor unions in this country... put in place for a reasonable cause but has since OVERSERVED it's purpose... this case has NOTHING to do w/ the ADVANCEMENT OF COLORED PEOPLE... is has to do w/ were the special ed. students plotting to kill a teacher... they have NO business in this matter... yet again as so many time they're over stepping their bounds... why do school boards and state legislators run from these racist biggots?!?!?!

trickskier
04-09-2008, 10:25 AM
would it be possible for the NAACP to be disbanded?... the NAACP is much like labor unions in this country... put in place for a reasonable cause but has since OVERSERVED it's purpose... this case has NOTHING to do w/ the ADVANCEMENT OF COLORED PEOPLE... is has to do w/ were the special ed. students plotting to kill a teacher... they have NO business in this matter... yet again as so many time they're over stepping their bounds... why do school boards and state legislators run from these racist biggots?!?!?!
I wonder if they (NAACP) would be of the same opinion if the teacher were black and the kids were white?

coz
04-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Here's another youtube posting of a teacher actually getting beat in her classroom. :confused: http://www.wbaltv.com/news/15832101/detail.html

trickskier
04-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Here's another youtube posting of a teacher actually getting beat in her classroom. :confused: http://www.wbaltv.com/news/15832101/detail.html
Unbelievable!!! I wonder if the NAACP will get involved with this one??? :rolleyes:

87MCProstar
04-09-2008, 11:00 AM
for those of you who aren't teachers or in the education system would be shocked if you spent a day in a classroom with your kids or grandkids. that doesn't surprise me that that was in a special education class...in my experience in an urban setting if the kids know one thing its how to work the system and play the game...unfortuantely its a downward sprial unless someone comes in and completely shakes up the system and gives the power back to the educators and not the kids.

wakeX2wake
04-09-2008, 11:07 AM
i'm going to tell my kids (assuming i have them) the same thing my mom and dad told my teachers... "from 8:00-3:00 he's yours... if he steps out of line beat him... then tell me and i'll beat him again when we get home"... i was a decent kid... i got my butt tore up but i'll never say i didn't deserve it... unless the teachers are trying to impress morals upon your children you don't aree w/ or they're being obviously unreasonable... i think parents should stay out of it... i mean are we really going to believe a special ed. 3rd grader over a grown adult w/ a degree!!!... i'm sorry if that sounds mean or whatever but let's be realistic... this is nothing more than the NAACP pushing their biggot weight around yet again and trying to widen the gap between races instead of closing it

87MCProstar
04-09-2008, 11:12 AM
the pendulum has swung too far to the other side...unfortunately people are sided with the students and taken their word instead of the adults...5-10 years ago that would never happen...unreal...

coz
04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Unbelievable!!! I wonder if the NAACP will get involved with this one??? :rolleyes:

You can bet this fool is watching :rolleyes:
http://www.wibc.com/EI/T/Pics/Channels/WIBC/as2.jpeg

wakeX2wake
04-09-2008, 11:20 AM
the pendulum has swung too far to the other side...unfortunately people are sided with the students and taken their word instead of the adults...5-10 years ago that would never happen...unreal...

have you ever noticed what all a kid that age will tell you if they thing they're in trouble???... whatever they think you want to hear

coz
04-09-2008, 11:24 AM
i'm going to tell my kids (assuming i have them) the same thing my mom and dad told my teachers... "from 8:00-3:00 he's yours... if he steps out of line beat him... then tell me and i'll beat him again when we get home"...

Yep! this was 1960's & 70's school disipline, and the principal had it hanging on the wall in his office. You didn't want a swat on the tush by one of these.
http://www.paddleball.com/paddles/CustomPaddles/Images/gdragon2.jpg

They make your butt look like it has the measles, red dots everywhere! :confused:

trickskier
04-09-2008, 11:36 AM
You can bet this fool is watching :rolleyes:
http://www.wibc.com/EI/T/Pics/Channels/WIBC/as2.jpeg
And this PATHETIC FOOL as well.................8p

coz
04-09-2008, 11:46 AM
And this PATHETIC FOOL as well.................8p

Yep! I'm only a racist when it come to these two fools. :mad:

wakeX2wake
04-09-2008, 12:29 PM
hate them... they need to keep their nose out of it... they stir racism... generate resentment toward white people in the black community which in turn further widens the racial gap... i'm not a racist i just don't like the feeling in insecurity when i don't feel comfortable w/ the people i'm around... wether it be in a bar or neighborhood