PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't anyone made us an offer?

georgea0731
04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
We've put our X7 up for sale, approx. 74 of you have viewed it, but no one has called yet. Be honest, why not? We need to sell one so we can buy another!
email amonette516@comcast.net or call 770 634 5437
Thanks and best wishes

Farmer Ted
04-01-2008, 11:54 PM
We've put our X7 up for sale, approx. 74 of you have viewed it, but no one has called yet. Be honest, why not? We need to sell one so we can buy another!
Thanks and best wishes

in the marketplace, when I click supersize on your pictures, they are so huge I can't see the boat clearly.

ok, enough sarcasm

does it have a full size tower or mini tower?
the pictures in the marketplace do no justice to your boat, I would recommend getting some high resolution pictures and host them on Photobucket or Picasa and then work up a nice write up and link some BIG pictures of your boat

put a link in your signature to the post with BIG pictures, I'd host a page for you on my webpage, I mean I get at least a thousand or ten hits a day, might help

post it on Wakeworld and all the other sick, phat, gooey sites those wacky kids hang out

lower your price? may not be necessary but boat season is just gearing up, tow it to work with a for sale sign on it

is it in the paper, on boattrader or only inboards?

I found my boat on boattrader and drove to Atlanta to look, see, buy

what are you getting next? is it worth trading in?

OhioX14
04-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Farmer pretty much nailed it. More pictures and market it in more places. I would really suggest pics with the tower up, interior shots, and shots with all the accessories. You've got a beautiful boat there and the X7 is a great ride. A little more marketing and you'll unload it.

Good luck!

H20skeefreek
04-02-2008, 12:51 AM
If you'll take 10k, I'll buy it. There you've got an offer, even if it's a ridiculous one.

JohnE
04-02-2008, 08:59 AM
I don't think this marketplace is a great place to advertise. It doesn't get the traffic that other sites get. Worth using, but not solely.

I also think you are asking a bit much for your boat. I realize you can come down but not up in negotiations, but it seems high to me.

Why not trade it in, as someone asked?

jkski
04-02-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm in the same boat, no pun intended. Mine is an 05, and while not an X7, it is a PS197 w/full tower and loaded, and my price is about $2k less than yours and it is not moving. The weather certainly helps to stir interest, but you also have to take a realistic view of the market and see what they are going for, etc. I started the pricing on my boat at around $36,500 or so and at that time I was priced right with the market, now I am below the market and still nothing.
For what it is worth, I have mine listed on boatrader, onlyinboards, dealer website(www.bhmtrilakes.com), ski-it-again.com, craigslist, and ebay....in addition to this site, where I have over 800 looks.

Good luck. Direct drives are getting tougher and tougher to sell as more of the market is changing over to v-drives.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-02-2008, 10:39 AM
IMO

#1-Economy
#2-Fuel prices
#3-LOCATION, location, LOCATION. (Listing locations)
#4-Price.

east tx skier
04-02-2008, 11:00 AM
IMO

#1-Economy
#2-Fuel prices
#3-LOCATION, location, LOCATION. (Listing locations)
#4-Price.

These things and the fact that there aren't already 20 pictures and links to your ad in this thread and others on this forum. Sell, sell, sell!

I very much agree with the statement that the marketplace here suffers from a lack of traffic. I think a dedicated folder in the forum would do better and keep the for sale threads organized and out of the genreal forum (and I am as guilty as starting self-serving for sale threads in the general forum as anyone and don't have a bit of trouble with the concept :)). And they'd get the traffic the sellers want.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Right..You can NEVER have too many pictures. ESPECIALLY when selling.

With that in mind, the next time I am selling a boat, I am going to ask Rexdog:D for some of his boat picture collection. It never hurts to have some eye candy to lure buyers, IMO of course.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Totally agree. There should be a "For Sale" Topic for threads.

Ric
04-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks and best wishes I wish you well and I intend for mine to sell before yours :D

BrandonKTM
04-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Put it with a picture of a hot girl in the swimsuit thread and Voila!

moleson10
04-02-2008, 12:26 PM
1. Be patient. Tournament ski boats are hard to sell. There just isn't a big market for them. I know this is an "X" but really its a ProStar with a tower. It took me 4-5 months to sell my old Ski Nautique and it was a good boat for a good price.

2. Use craigslist. I got more action there than any other medium. List it in other craigslist cities. People will drive a couple hundred miles for the right boat at the right price.

3. Price seems a bit high given the age and hours on the boat. I wouldn't go a lot lower but for reference, I paid $39k for a new 06 197 in the fall of 06. It didn't have the tower but still, that's an indication of what you are up against.

4. Assuming you are getting good advertising coverage, the market will tell you almost immediately if you are priced right. You should be getting several calls within 1 week of listing. Especially this time of year. If you aren't, the market is telling you you're too high.

Good luck, hope this helps.

flipper
04-02-2008, 12:34 PM
I think the price is on the hight side. You may be able to get it, but will take longer.