PDA

View Full Version : Home heating oil @ $.76 / gal.

Jerseydave
04-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Well, that's what it cost back in 1996 (just found an old receipt)

Today's price.............................$ 3.65 / gal. :D

(Sorry, just venting) :mad:

Datdude
04-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I can remember paying $1.30 per gallon for diesel fuel back in 2003(?)when gas was around $2.00 per gallon. Ahhhhhhhh......the good old days:rolleyes:

76S&S
04-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Well, that's what it cost back in 1996 (just found an old receipt)

Today's price.............................$ 3.65 / gal. :D

(Sorry, just venting) :mad:

No more heating bills for me. I live in a rural area and this past fall bought an outdoor wood boiler. It circulates the heated water to the house and it has been warm and toasty inside this winter.:D :D

jaysus
04-01-2008, 06:42 PM
I paid $3.98/gal yesterday. After I threw up in my mouth I thanked the current leadership of our free-world in my own way, and let my imagination run on what else I could have spent $890.00 on.

JohnE
04-01-2008, 08:05 PM
No more heating bills for me. I live in a rural area and this past fall bought an outdoor wood boiler. It circulates the heated water to the house and it has been warm and toasty inside this winter.:D :D

Those are very controversial in our area. They do work well, though.

ski_king
04-01-2008, 09:23 PM
I had a visiter at work recently from Saudia Arabia.

He said he is paying what is about $0.20 per liter, which is about $0.80 per gallon for gasoline.

On the other hand, he is paying about $4.00 per gallon for drinking water.

ski_king
04-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Wood fired hot water heat is a good way to go, itf you have a good cheap supply of firewoood and don't mind the work.

TX.X-30 fan
04-01-2008, 10:26 PM
I paid $3.98/gal yesterday. After I threw up in my mouth I thanked the current leadership of our free-world in my own way, and let my imagination run on what else I could have spent $890.00 on.

Help me with the correlation here. If you mean Washington can't get their **** together and pass energy legislation that focuses on exploration and refining and not food based fuels then I'm with you.

TX.X-30 fan
04-01-2008, 10:28 PM

Why is that John?

Monte
04-01-2008, 11:12 PM
On the other hand, he is paying about $4.00 per gallon for drinking water.

We still pay more for bottled water than he pays for gas..:confused: :(

dapicatti
04-02-2008, 12:01 AM
We used to have a 750 gallon tank, luckily we converted to natural gas about 8 years ago. I would hate to have to fill that thing up at these prices.

76S&S
04-02-2008, 09:49 AM

I assume that you are referring to the smoke for the controversy.
The dryer the wood the less smoke.

The one we have "Hardy" cuts off the air supply when it doesn't need to burn, eliminating all smoke. Once it calls for heat, a fan comes on to provide the air for burning. It does smoke, no doubt, but so does a fireplace.:confused:

Does it work? Very well!! We heat our home and our hot water. The only gas that we've burned since we installed the Hardy is what has burned to maintain the temp in the hot water tank.........roughly 10 to 15 gallons in 4 months.

Oh, and my dad was so impressed with it that he bought one as well. Now I think that my wifes uncle is going to get one also.

Be happy to discuss further if anyone is interested in knowing more.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Diesel fuel.
I took ownership of my Ford Diesel truck in 2002. My first couple tanks, fuel was less than $0.99 a gallon. Today... 6 years later it is $4.39

Bottled water. In chicago, now there is a BOTTLED WATER TAX!!! Yes, a TAX on every sale of bottled water. Oh, and that is in addition to sales tax. Apparently the mayor figured out how to cover all of the overspending going on with ANOTHER tax. Oh, and this is in line with having the HIGHEST SALES TAX in the country.

Just when I thought that guy that figured out how to run his car on WATER had a good idea...:o

6ballsisall
04-02-2008, 10:06 AM
In 1997 I had a Big Block F250 that was lifted, supercharged, the whole nine yards. It got about 4-5 mpg if I was nice. It could burn thru 25 gallons in about 30-40 minutes of mud boggin. I vividly remember paying $.78 per gallon and not caring about the fuel mileage. In 2000 I started driving my first Diesel. Prices were around $.85 and it got close to 20 mpg if I was nice to it. I thought Diesel was the way to go and in 02 bought a new Cummins/Dodge and drove 150 miles round trip in it. I was paying around $1 per gallon and loving it. Yesterday I filled our Suburban and the pump shut off @ $125 and it wasnt full. :(