PDA

View Full Version : X35 Ss

Chaounid
04-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Have just bought a new x35 ss ... should be delivered by june.
If anyone has tested this boat before please let me know what you think. Looking for reviews on boat and wake.
thx

BrianM
04-01-2008, 12:31 PM
You went out and bought a brand new $70k++ boat and don't know anything about the boat or the wake? :noface:

defender1009
04-01-2008, 12:34 PM
You went out and bought a brand new $70k++ boat and don't know anything about the boat or the wake? :noface:

LOL---gotta admit, that was my first thought too. Seems like putting the cart before the horse to me. :confused:

ttu
04-01-2008, 12:34 PM
brian, my guess would be somewhere around 90K.:eek3:

Chaounid
04-01-2008, 12:35 PM
i know what the dealer told me. since it is a new boat i have not been able to find anyone who has tested it yet (third party review). i assume that because it's a new boat in their line it will include the best and latest technology they have to offer...
would be good to hear reviews on the wake quality by someone who has tried it.

Ole Miss Rebels
04-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Have just bought a new x35 ss ... should be delivered by june.
If anyone has tested this boat before please let me know what you think. Looking for reviews on boat and wake.
thx
i haven't seen it nor do i know anything particular about it. everything i have heard/read however indicates that this will be an enourmously successful and popular model. congratulations and i am excited for you. supposedly a well engineered boarding/surfing hull. what colors did you choose and which engine? also, any other accessories?

BrianM
04-01-2008, 12:43 PM
i know what the dealer told me. .... i assume that because it's a new boat in their line it will include the best and latest technology they have to offer...
That is not the best assumption to make even with a boat as fine as MC.

Remember the 1998 Prostar??? :o :uglyhamme

Chaounid
04-01-2008, 12:45 PM
all black even bull's eye with gray tripe across the hull
i got it fully loaded with the large engine (forgot the hp)...
basically with everything i could get on it ...
getting it shipped overseas...

TMCNo1
04-01-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm planning a trip to Disney World after CSM '08 and I have bought a night with a hooker in Kissessmmee, Florida, has anyone tried her before and how did she perform?

ProTour X9
04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm sure he's most likely to use it as a runabout/wakeboard boat, which doesn't really matter for the wake to much, and you know its going to ride good, its not like you really need to know exactly what the ski wake and hole shot is...

Sodar
04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Come On Guys! "If you don't have anything nice to say, do not say it at all!"

ShamrockIV
04-01-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm planning a trip to Disney World after CSM '08 and I have bought a night with a hooker in Kissessmmee, Florida, has anyone tried her before and how did she perform?

yeah she is the bomb!!!!!

sounds like impulse buying at it's most expensive!!!

ttu
04-01-2008, 12:55 PM

hope you didn't pre-pay $6000 for her. she was more like 20 bucks:cool:

TMCNo1
04-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Come On Guys! "If you don't have anything nice to say, do not say it at all!"

Thanks Sodar, but I forgeting it is April Fools Day and I've of all people realize now, I was had! Sorry!:o

Chaounid
04-01-2008, 01:05 PM
haha so funny guys!!!
how can you know how the boat rides if it s new and no models have been sold yet... was gonna get an x30 until i found out it was discontinued and that the 35 was coming out... was it a gamble? yes, but i ll take my chances...
now, if anyone got any info on the boat it would be cool to hear and very helpful...
otherwise take your $2 jokes and stick them you know where
thx again

ProTour X9
04-01-2008, 01:08 PM
haha so funny guys!!!
how can you know how the boat rides if it s new and no models have been sold yet... was gonna get an x30 until i found out it was discontinued and that the 35 was coming out... was it a gamble? yes, but i ll take my chances...
now, if anyone got any info on the boat it would be cool to hear and very helpful...
thx again

Thats a burn!!8p :rolleyes:

BrianM
04-01-2008, 01:08 PM
That is not the best assumption to make even with a boat as fine as MC.

Remember the 1998 Prostar???

thx again

Not a $2 joke there my friend. Search 1998 Prostar, chine lock, hydro rail, or shampoo on the site and see what happens every now and then with the latest and greatest design. You are gambling with big bucks.

3event
04-01-2008, 01:35 PM
When I bought my MC I had no TeamTalk, and was barely informed but I figured out enough to manage to get the best possible boat for my needs and couldn't be happier.

So ENJOY your new boat, the X35 looks like a very nice package. All I know about it is what I've seen on threads here. My dealer has not had one in when I've been by the shop.

Care to tell us where overseas you're at?

Gerd
04-01-2008, 02:58 PM
what kind of wake is that hooker throwing up?

Gerd
04-01-2008, 03:01 PM
By the way, I saw the X35 this weekend and it looks great. As far as style and finish are concerned, I think you'll be very pleased.

Benny Boy
04-01-2008, 04:55 PM
haha so funny guys!!!

Haven't tried the boat yet, but went through it inside and out. No doubt in my mind it's a good buy. There may be sceptics on this forum, but the way MC has been desinging boats in the last 5 to 8 years, I wouldn't worry too much. It seems to me like the best all around boat on the market right now, and for sure the wakes will be great.

MC hasn't put out a boat on the market lately that didn't have awesome wakes.

Congrats for your purchase. Some people may be jaleous, but I'm happy for you, you're gonna love that boat!

TX.X-30 fan
04-01-2008, 05:14 PM
all black even bull's eye with gray tripe across the hull
i got it fully loaded with the large engine (forgot the hp)...
basically with everything i could get on it ...
getting it shipped overseas...

Same engine I went with. :D

TX.X-30 fan
04-01-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm never Jaleous!

dpolen
04-01-2008, 06:07 PM
I really like what they did with the passenger seat in the new model, very multi-purpose. Congrats on the new boat...I saw this one at the boat show this winter...I had a tough time controling the drool.

ridesdirt
04-01-2008, 06:23 PM
If I was buying today... that one would be at the top of the list to look at.

LKNMC
04-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I demoed one with the MCX in it it was really nice lots of room nice wake plenty of power handled just as good as my X-15 and you couldn't even feel the chop heck if it hadn't been so expensive I would own one too

Benny Boy
04-02-2008, 02:40 PM
I demoed one with the MCX in it it was really nice lots of room nice wake plenty of power handled just as good as my X-15 and you couldn't even feel the chop heck if it hadn't been so expensive I would own one too

Thanks for that input. I was waiting to hear from someone who had tried it. Sounds like an awesome boat.

LKNMC
04-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks for that input. I was waiting to hear from someone who had tried it. Sounds like an awesome boat.

It is a really nice boat and would be great for families who want to do a little bit of everything

x-10ron
04-02-2008, 03:17 PM
X-35 is badass!!!! It is huge!!! local dealer said the wake is huge. It's much bigger boat than I imagined!!! The sides are really deep and has a deeper hull than any of the x-boats out right now. Local dealer said the boat doesn't turn very good at slow speeds, but neither does my x-10. Awesome job MC did with the 35!!!!

johkur
04-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I would be careful to make sure you fully understand all aspects of the X-35's construction and components, especially saltwater series, given my recent experience. I purchased a 2008 X-45 Saltwater Series and reviewed all the options again with the dealer in early January, before it was made and arrived in March. What the dealer received had a number of major changes from what I was led to expect, and I can't recommend believing reviews or anything else because Mastercraft appears to make many changes even in mid-model year, possibly moreso for a boat they can say needed changes after the first production runs, like the X-35. There may be even more differences I can't see in my X-45 (that I was told was a stable product model, had worked out its rudder kinks and L18 failures, etc), but some of the notable items that I've noticed, and why I haven't accepted the boat, and may never be able to accept the boat were:

- 2 extra holes in the transom with stainless rings that block the platform from being placed up to the boat, makes platform look separate instead.
- The 2008 Saltwater Series says that folding platform is new in 2008, it was not listed as an 'option', yet the boat came with a non-folding platform. (the $ saved on folding platform went towards my decision to go saltwater series, I live at freshwater).
- The 2008 Saltwater Series catalog says that a nickel platform bracket is standard. The bracket is not nickel, and it doesn't fold, not quite an 'upgrade'.
- My boat was configured with a Black Platform, but they sent a mediterannean blue platform (my main color versus back color). When I thought the platform could snug the boat like most do, I was actually happier with their 'change', but due to the rings for some sort of bilge system being at the exact same height as the platform mount (and assuming that there needed to be some clearance for the water to exit those two holes in the transom), it looks like a totally separate platform from the boat. Perhaps the wrong brackets caused the platform to be at the wrong height, I don't know.
- The catalog's pictured raw-water strainer is brass, definitely metal. Anyone can add a plastic strainer for about $45. The boat came with a plastic (Marelon) strainer instead of brass, and the dealer said it was an improvement. (they don't have to bother bonding the metal, although bonding of all metal was supposedly another benefit of the saltwater series).
- Another reason I purchased Saltwater Series was that instead of carpeted compartments, they'd be rubberized coating. The boat came with carpeted compartments, which I wanted to avoid due to mold, difficulty drying, etc.
- The Saltwater Series catalog and the X-Series Catalog both say that 'stainless exhaust tips' is Standard on the X-45. The boat came with rubber flappers with a MC medallion on them, and I was told this was an 'improvement' as well. Why should I expect the 'bling' that was promised, when they can provide something that's simply functional instead? :(
- The website said in the 'standards' section that every boat MC makes includes a fiberglass muffler, and had a picture of silentmaster. The boat shipped has silencers in the pipes near the transom, no silentmaster. MC now changed the website to say 'offered' instead of 'included' after I brought it up in tmcowners and sent a copy to my dealer. I'm told that MC admits that the silencers are about 2-3db louder than the Silentmaster, and up at the higher ranges of the decibel range where we're concerned, this makes a big difference.
- You 'might' even get silentmaster, since they include that in the 'european package'. (not sure what country you're in). I'd say that's a terrific thing for you. They promised me that my boat would meet the European and US noise standards, which is why I bought the biggest Horsepower engine, but without the European package or the silentmaster option (it wasn't an option when we did option review in early January so i still thought it was standard like advertised), I'd tell you to expect a fairly noisy experience.
- You'll see in tmcowners ('noisy exhaust tips') that removing the silencers and putting back the 2006-style silentmaster also gives you back more horsepower. OJ props as well as an 2006 X-45 8.1L owner, in another thread, even confirm that the 14.5x22 prop is great on the 2006. According to the prop manufacturer on that other thread, the same 8.1L engine on the 2008 "cant turn the prop". The main difference I can find is that after 2006, they stopped including fiberglass muffler and used the silencers instead, even though in March 2008 the site still said that fiberglass muffler was standard on all boats.
- The bottom 2 holes between the exhaust ports for Saltwater Series were missing, (but in my opinion, is a good thing to have less below-waterline holes, just like I wouldn't want a plastic raw-water strainer either).
- I purchased the swim platform ladder, but the steps are smaller than pictured and are only 9 inches across. And the ladder has large stainless plates that are put on the topside of the platform, so wakeboarders couldn't use the platform without scratching up their boards. Had to tell them not to install that.
- They added a removable 'jump seat', which was real nice, but not worth having a noisy less powerful boat with all the other changes they made.
- The saltwater and X-series catalog both go to the trouble of listing Boat Buddy as one of the features of the trailer, and mark X-45 as 'standard' for those features. The trailer has no boat buddy and I'm told its not provided for the X-45. But the catalog marks it as standard.
- I purchased the Anchor option because the dealer told me that it included the whole setup, and so even though it was more expensive than me going to westmarine.com or someplace, I'd know it was the right setup. Only an anchor was supplied, not even the chains that are necessary for that type of anchor.

So you can't really base your expectations on their website or their catalog, and they seem to be changing the boats in mid-model year, removing items like Stainless Exhausts, changing other things.

I've been waiting more than 2 weeks for the dealer to figure out if he's going to address these issues, and so far the only thing committed is to change the two painted steel pistons under a seat with stainless, as I noticed that the 'all stainless pistons' were not done either, and in this case, the seat slams down. I was told that everything else was pretty much either 'an improvement' or 'the way Mastercraft does it now'....

I am still hoping that Mastercraft comes back to my dealer and tells us that my boat was all a mistake in production, and they of course are going to give me advertised features of the Saltwater Series, advertised fiberglass exhaust system with stainless exhaust tips, etc, but so far I can only say that buying a Mastercraft from your dealer via the design-a-boat process may not give you the X-35 you think you're getting. Most of the changes seem like improvements for Mastercraft margins, not quality improvements for the customer, and are not 'choices' like them offering to switch something for you.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but you wanted to know about reviews of the boat, and given my experience with how much Mastercraft changes between what they advertise and what they produce, I'd say that nothing matters unless you test and analyze the actual boat, not just the model, before you buy. So basically any 'review' of the boat, is really only a review of a particular production run, and at least so far, Mastercraft doesn't appear willing to correct differences either. Being out of the country as you indicate, with potentially even less recourse to get what you expect, I'd recommend only considering a boat at the dealer, and not rely on any reviews or even catalogs or website information, which at least so far my dealer is not able to get a boat to match.

I even test drove an X-15, an X-45, a CorrectCraft, some Malibu's, and an MB, and my son wakeboarded each. The X-45 was definitely the boat for us, based on our 'review', even being more expensive than the others, and I bought a Design-a-Boat versus an on-the-lot boat because I could get EXACTLY the options I wanted. But they sent a different boat.

I went from being a real LOVER of Mastercraft's to believing I need to walk away from the boat and probably walk away from mastercrafts over the last 3 weeks. So with all my care in choosing the boat and choosing options I got something so totally different, I can' only advise you that reviews don't matter, other boats you've seen don't matter, and you need to review the boat that's delivered to make your decision, and anything else is just a guess at what Mastercraft might actually ship.

Again, I hope that Ill be able to retract this post and say that it really was all a big mistake by Mastercraft on one particular production run, but so far, I can only say that no catalog or website or review can be believed until you see it on the boat you're actually buying, and decide for yourself.

LKNMC
04-02-2008, 09:53 PM
^^^^
Wow sounds like either your dealer screwed you or your boat was a 5pm boat either way I would find out what went wrong

Eagle Lake Rebel
04-02-2008, 11:20 PM
johkur sorry to read about these problems, but a lot of your issues your dealer should have known about. MC went to Marlon in '07 on all its boats, that $49.00 strainer will set you back $110.00 from most retailers, I don't think the 45 trailer ever came with a Boat Buddy latch due to the weight of the boat, I don't think th 45 can get the fold down platform due to the standard wake plate, the muffler flaps were a change for '08 because of the fold down plarform that comes on most of the boats, the Silentmaster muffler was dropped with the '07 boats and has only recently come back as an option. Granted MC should proof and update their printed material better (Ex. LY6 with cast iron heads... - not) but IMO any good dealer knows what is current so the customer knows what to expect. I can also say from my less than satisfied ownership of my first X30 that MC and my dealer bent over backwards to make me satisfied and I am a happy owner of my second X30. Give MC a chance to correct your issues before you switch to another V drive brand whos product won't come close to what the 45 offers.

JohnE
04-03-2008, 12:03 AM
johkur,

I sympathize with your cause. But I'd be taking all issues up with the dealer. You didn't order the boat from the guys in Vonore. If we were to agree that the factory needs to make changes, I think the only way for it to happen is that they hear it from their dealer network.

rodecker1978
04-03-2008, 01:25 AM

Bout fell outta my chair in histerical laughter after reading the above...:purplaugh

WakePowell
04-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Eagle Lake Rebel - You nailed every difference listed in jonkur's post. The bulk of the issues are with the generic Mastercraft Catalog and not with the construction of the boat.

Also back on topic, I ordered my X-45 in the fall of '04 prior to any of them being built. A similar situation to Chaunid. I'm pleased to report that the boat was everything I had hoped it to be and Mastercraft has been a great company to deal with. I looked at changing boats this year and the tops on my list were the X-Star, X-45 and X-35. The X-35 hull is very similar to the CSX which is reported to have a great wakeboarding wake and not as finikey as the X-45 wake. I think you'll enjoy the boat.

Eagle Lake Rebel
04-03-2008, 09:19 PM
WakePowell if you are not in a big hurry for a boat you might want to wait just a little bit. I got a little tip a while back on what's changing next.... lets see the 10 turns into the 15, the 30 to the 35, the 45 to you guessed it- the 50. I'm not sure of the timming, but I think it's in the works. What I was told might be total BS, but it is inline with current MC model changes.

Jet
04-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Chaounid,

Congratulations on the boat !

I saw one at the boat show in Montreal and I was impressed. Who did you end up buying it from ?

LKNMC
04-06-2008, 10:10 PM
WakePowell if you are not in a big hurry for a boat you might want to wait just a little bit. I got a little tip a while back on what's changing next.... lets see the 10 turns into the 15, the 30 to the 35, the 45 to you guessed it- the 50. I'm not sure of the timming, but I think it's in the works. What I was told might be total BS, but it is inline with current MC model changes.

when do you think the 15 will turn into the 20

johkur
04-07-2008, 01:24 PM
It does appear that alot of the issues with my boat are being corrected, and that I am indeed an MC lover again! Mastercraft definitely wants to stand behind their boats and do the right thing. I probably got a few more grey hairs these past few weeks though.

LKNMC
04-07-2008, 01:49 PM
^^^ that is good to hear MC seems to be a stand-up company

Eagle Lake Rebel
04-08-2008, 09:10 PM
LKNMC I think the 15 is here to stay for a while. It's the biggest pointed nose V drive, a great handling and running boat, and its sales are good. I think MC is trying to keep the 35 from eating into the 45 sales like the 15 did to the 30, so an upgrade of the 45 is in order.

johkur
04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I think the interior of the 35 is designed to look like a mini-x80, and so won't cannabilize the X80, and is significantly different than the X45. The x45 holds more people, and the X35, like the X80 is geared for the family that wants a refrigerator and a different style of seating. So the X35 and X80 are more like a 'family' of similar style, and probably geared for families, while the X15 and X45 are more like a family of that other stern configuration. So if someone wants an X-15 but wants a picklefork, the X45 gives them a similar boat but slightly bigger in the rear, much bigger in the front. But if they want a whole different style, more like a mini X-80, the X35 is for them, especially if they want a fridge or whatever goes behind the driver on the X35. Also, the X15 and X45 have the giant storage area on the port side, which the X35 style seat had to eliminate to give legroom when passenger facing forward. So I see the X15, X35, X45, and X80 all living in harmony, each unique enough. The X15/X45, the X35/X80 are like two families/styles, and they're a big enough leap in price within each style that they shouldn't really cannabilize each other.

LKNMC
04-08-2008, 11:10 PM
LKNMC I think the 15 is here to stay for a while. It's the biggest pointed nose V drive, a great handling and running boat, and its sales are good. I think MC is trying to keep the 35 from eating into the 45 sales like the 15 did to the 30, so an upgrade of the 45 is in order.

I think you are correct I just wanted to see if anybody had any insider info

Johkur,

I think that is the best explanation of those 4 boats there can be

Eagle Lake Rebel
04-09-2008, 10:03 PM
johkur, might just be me, but if I had a 15 and wanted to move up it would be to the Xstar not a 45 which is way bigger than a 15. I'm not knocking a 45 it's a fine boat, but the 15 and 45 are vastly different boats aimed at different market segments. Go drive and ride behind them both and you will see what I mean. Anyway like I say drive and ride them all and pick what's right for you.

johkur
04-09-2008, 10:29 PM
I agree that you have to pick what's best for you. The X15 and the Xstar are about the same length, but the bow is much bigger on the Xstar, and the Xstar has a bigger engine compartment as well, so it all comes out of the behind-windshield seating area. We find that most of our passengers prefer to sit behind the windshield, and the X45 gave us the great Xstar bow, but also gave us an area much larger than the Xstar, and a bit larger than the X15 behind the windshield.

We test boarded an X15 and X45, but had to eliminate the Xstar because the stern area was so limited for passengers compared to the X15 or X45. The X45 gives you the Xstar bow, but is bigger than the X15 behind the windshield instead of being smaller than the X15 behind the windshield like the Xstar. And the wake on the X45 was bigger than the X15, we liked the shape more, and with ballast it got even bigger yet.

And there's still plenty of room for the engine (8.1 in my case) and plenty of room for fatsacs in the side compartments around the engine, in the bow, and still room to store everything else since there's loads of storage on the X45.

And the X45 attitude plate (standard) and emptying the ballasts gave us a great wake for waterskiing (at least much better than any boat I've ever seen), so having one boat that could do both skiing and boarding terrifically was an excellent selling point of the X45 over the Xstar or X15.

And as I mentioned, the seating arrangement in the X35 (less seating behind windshield and less storage), plus not being able to test board/drive it in time for a purchase for this summer eliminated the X35 for me, but it certainly might be a great wake and seems great as a mini X80.

To me the Xstar is for the serious boarder who doesn't need as many people in the back of the boat or better for those who want to be more cozy, which certanly has its advantages too. I personally just prefer a big boat with alot of room in my half the boat behind the windshield. We had too many people (who like to ride in behind the windshield) for an Xstar, the X15 was a great boat but I missed the picklefork, the X35 was an unknown without a test ride, and the X45 gave us everything we wanted.

I don't HAVE my X45 yet, still getting prepped, but at least right now that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Eagle Lake Rebel
04-09-2008, 11:15 PM
johkur, sounds like the 45 is just right for you. Lets see some photos of the new ride when you get it. I'm used to boats with a single point at the front so the 15 or 30 was the boat for me. I know it hasn't been a big seller for MC, but the 30 was what fit me best. A good friend of mine has an Xstar so we split the weekend up between both boats which makes it even better.

dell711
04-18-2008, 02:12 AM
Took delivery of an X-35 (L18) today and put it in the water. After a few hours break-in, we took this picture at about 4000 rpm ~32 mph. Haven't been able to work it through its paces yet, but will as we get through break-in. Real happy so far though. Wish I would have taken a picture of the surf wake-- absolutely killer!

Jerseydave
04-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Congrats on your new purchase! That wake looks quite skiable to me.

Should be a great all-around boat for everything. Take some more wake pics when you can, esp. with full ballast at 24 mph.