PDA

View Full Version : Boat US Marine Insurance

magnum
03-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Has anyone had any dealing with this boat insurance company BoatUS.
getting some pricing and my current insurance seems kind of high. Boat US seems reasonable , just wonder if anyone had any pros or cons with them Thanks

redx10
03-31-2008, 08:34 PM
I have used BoatUS insurance for 4years on both of my boats and they have much better rates than anyone else I could find. I think the reason they have better prices is because they only insure boats, not cars,houses,ect. They also are affiliated with West Marine and you get discounts at their retail stores. They are very easy to contact and are currently helping me with a claim. I have no complaints.

flipper
03-31-2008, 10:31 PM
I just got skisafe insurance. They had the best deal going for me. Check out this thread if you haven't already. There's some pretty good info.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=22065

Eagle Lake Rebel
03-31-2008, 11:14 PM
I've always used Boat US and have had no pbls. when claims were filed. They let me get the boat fixed where I wanted it to be repaired, didn't hassle me or the repair shop over price, and sent a check out pronto. I'm sure there are cheaper rates to be found, but I'll stick with them because of how they have handled my claims.

emnesto
03-31-2008, 11:38 PM
I've used BoatUS insurance for over 25 years, ever since I changed to inboards. They have always had the best rates. Don't know about claim processing - never needed it. Just last year I went to SkiSafe for my jetski.