PDA

View Full Version : Disheartening news

D3skier
03-31-2008, 03:35 PM
For several months now I've been trying to locate a permanent job and was searching on monster.com and ran across a posting for Lowes hiring at their new location in Moorseville NC I have a friend that is currently working for their IT department in Ashville and thought I'd call him to see if his department was transferring down to the new location. When his girlfriend answered the phone I asked for him she told me that he has passed away on St. Patricks day. At this point my stomach just sunk in shock. After talking with her further I found out more about what had happened. They had a little baby (Preston) about a year ago and she told me that Preston passed away about for months ago from SIDS. It wasn't shortly after that she was in a serious car accident and totalled their new car. I was in total shock everything she has been through over the last several months. As I sit here and type this I keep thinking to myself how horrific all this is and just cant fathom how terrible. I know loosing a child to SIDS is extremely tough to deal with and is something you'll live with the rest of your life but just to imagine everything else she has been through is just devistating! It really makes you think how precious life is and can be taken away from you at any moment. I later found out that my friend took his life with a rifle. This really makes you think about how precious family is, and to let them know how much you love them.

ShamrockIV
03-31-2008, 03:39 PM
amen bro. nothing should come between u and ur family!!!!! blood is a very strong bond!!!! my wife knows that nobody outside our house comes before those inside!!!

Sodar
03-31-2008, 03:47 PM
WHOA! Talk about a stroke of bad luck! Sorry to hear this!

76S&S
Very sorry to hear about your friend and can't imagine what the girlfriend must be going through.

8 months ago we were blessed with a little surprise (baby boy)........

When we found out she was expecting, feelings were initially mixed as our twins were 11. Now that Boomer is here with us all, I can't imagine it any other way. The loss of a child is awful but it seems to me that loosing one to SIDS is even worse because it (SIDS) is so unexpected.

My prayers are with you all.

flipper
Sure makes you stop and think about how great your life really is, even when you think things are bad. I've had the same conversation with my wife Sham.

6ballsisall
03-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Sure makes you stop and think about how great your life really is, even when you think things are bad. I've had the same conversation with my wife Sham.

TRU DAT. Our concerns in life are incomparable to this one. My heart goes out to the family of this.

wakeX2wake
03-31-2008, 03:52 PM
wow... i can't imagine what his g/f and friends like you are going through to have to hear about all this after the point... it's just amazing how quickly things can slip by you when you're busy w/ life...

suedv
03-31-2008, 04:13 PM
I don't even know what to say except for I'm sorry to hear this and I'll remember you and his g/f in my prayers.

I'm making sure I say I love you to everyone in my family today too.

Monte
03-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Wow, tough story to read. I know his g/f is having a rough time..

east tx skier
03-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Wow, tough story to read. I know his g/f is having a rough time..

Took the words right out of my mouth Monte. I'm sorry to hear about your friend and his family.

TMCNo1
03-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

D3skier
03-31-2008, 11:54 PM
just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has replied with their responses. As I've been getting older the last few years and people that are close to me as well as my age start dropping off it seems to hit home a little harder than usual. Really makes you wonder if you're next.

Monte
03-31-2008, 11:57 PM
If it is any consolation D3 six people out of my senior english class have passed away. I'm only 32.. One of them was my best friend for 14 or so years at age 19. Still miss the guy..

D3skier
04-01-2008, 12:01 AM
we just had our 20 year reunion last Sept I still to this day have not gone to any of the reunions because I don't care about seeing any of the losers I went to school with but my close friend that I stay in touch with said there has been quite a handful of people in our class that have passed on. Some I'm not surprised about and others is a total shock. I know how you feel when its someone you are really close to especially a close friend that you do everything with.

Gonzo
04-01-2008, 12:17 AM
D3, Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Is his Girlfriend getting the help she needs to cope with all this? You or someone you think is appropriate may want to keep close tabs on her and see that she doesnt slip into a deep depression. Couciling, religous or otherwise, would not be a bad idea.

bcampbe7
04-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Sorry to hear this D3. Tragic. :(

D3skier
04-01-2008, 12:24 AM
D3, Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Is his Girlfriend getting the help she needs to cope with all this? You or someone you think is appropriate may want to keep close tabs on her and see that she doesnt slip into a deep depression. Couciling, religous or otherwise, would not be a bad idea.

I guess last night was the first night she stayed by herself without anyone following her around on her heels. I did suggest to her about Counseling to try and cope with all this tragedy because I know it will be a extremely trying times for her over the coming years.