PDA

View Full Version : 205/x1/original x-star DA owners quick question

brucemac
03-30-2008, 06:41 PM
hey thanks in advance

i'm looking for an easy measurement i'm sure someone could pop out in their garage and check quickly for me

any 205/205v/original x-star/X-1 onwers with dual axle MC trailer, can you please measure the distance from the widest part of the rear tire, to the furthest point on the transom without the step?

i just need to make sure of some clearance. i've got a set of stairs entering the house in the same corner of my garage the boat will back into. just want to be sure the tires will clear and not hit the stairs with the rear tire.

sand2snow22
03-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Bruce my 05 X2 is about 82 inches, it fits in my 7ft door with a couple of inches to spare. One thing to note, my garage entrance is very flat, if it wasn't it might be a different story.....

coz
03-30-2008, 07:10 PM
hey thanks in advance

i'm looking for an easy measurement i'm sure someone could pop out in their garage and check quickly for me

any 205/205v/original x-star/X-1 onwers with dual axle MC trailer, can you please measure the distance from the widest part of the rear tire, to the furthest point on the transom without the step?

i just need to make sure of some clearance. i've got a set of stairs entering the house in the same corner of my garage the boat will back into. just want to be sure the tires will clear and not hit the stairs with the rear tire.

My furthest point is the speedo p/u and from the tire to the transom/p-u is approximately 53" I back mine right up to a 4" step in the slab that goes into the house. I have a folding tounge VIP trailer. Is that what you looking for?

brucemac
03-30-2008, 07:27 PM
sweet, perfect. thanks coz. i only need like 41. this one is a mc da trailer, but i'm sure there's not all that much difference in that measurement.

sand2snow, i think your tower is different, the 03's folded forward. they said i needed about 81-82, but they mentioned dropping the tounge. i'm not sure i'll have that option on the driveway. and of course with all the chaos (two kids, etc) i didn't get a chance to throw my tape up on it. i've got just shy of 83 in with the trim/molding. header is 84in. my driveway slopes uphill into the garage slightly and i think because the tower folds forward that it's to my advantage. you guys think i'll be good without messing with the tires or having to monkey around? i could always remove the trim to get 84, but i'd rather not, it's a new house.

i water tested the boat yesterday. lol, it was amazing. put down the deposit in cash and it's mine. just starting to stress now about the garage. got the depth, got the width, just stressing on the height.

Lennyp04
03-30-2008, 07:43 PM
what boat did you get?

coz
03-30-2008, 07:46 PM
sweet, perfect. thanks coz. i only need like 41. this one is a mc da trailer, but i'm sure there's not all that much difference in that measurement.

sand2snow, i think your tower is different, the 03's folded forward. they said i needed about 81-82, but they mentioned dropping the tounge. i'm not sure i'll have that option on the driveway. and of course with all the chaos (two kids, etc) i didn't get a chance to throw my tape up on it. i've got just shy of 83 in with the trim/molding. header is 84in. my driveway slopes uphill into the garage slightly and i think because the tower folds forward that it's to my advantage. you guys think i'll be good without messing with the tires or having to monkey around? i could always remove the trim to get 84, but i'd rather not, it's a new house.

i water tested the boat yesterday. lol, it was amazing. put down the deposit in cash and it's mine. just starting to stress now about the garage. got the depth, got the width, just stressing on the height.

Your talking this area right?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3197/2375735436_cceda6c7df_b.jpg

brucemac
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
yeah, that's the spot coz. i'm needing the widest part of the tire to the pickup (or longest part hanging off the transom) just like you said. little less than 41in to the farthest point of my steps from the back wall so sounds like i'm good there. back wall to garage door is right around 22ft 7in so sounds like i'm good there too. now i'm just sweating the height. lenny, i'll post some pics when i can. she's sweet! 03 X-2, MCX, 62 hours!

Lennyp04
03-30-2008, 08:05 PM
that's a screamin deal Bruce! Please do post some pics when you have time.

Jim@BAWS
03-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Does yours come with a MC trailer or a AFTER MARKET trailer
That can make a slight difference.

Jim@BAWS

brucemac
03-30-2008, 08:10 PM
MC dual axle and as far as I know it was the original 2003 trailer with the boat.

Chicago190
03-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Another thing to consider is the prop guard may hit the step as well depending on its height.

brucemac
03-30-2008, 08:34 PM
thanks chicago190. i did think about that, but the steps only come out about 23in from the side wall (just two steps up into the house) so i'm pretty sure i'm good, especially since the guard slopes down towards the rudder and doesn't come from the full width of the beam. also, the door is smaller than the full width of the garage, so i'm not going to be right up against the wall anyway. not during summer at least. i'd put the boat on the other side, but unfortunately, my furnace and water heater are on that side. wife's not crazy about it, but she's on board.

sand2snow22
03-30-2008, 08:35 PM
MC dual axle and as far as I know it was the original 2003 trailer with the boat.

Roger that, Portland MC dealer uses only MC trailers!

sand2snow22
03-30-2008, 08:36 PM
my furnace and water heater are on that side. wife's not crazy about it

You only have to hit them once, then I bet you won't do it again :)

brucemac
03-30-2008, 08:43 PM
ha ha, yeah, i don't think i've got the length. there's a barrier. i will certainly try, but i'm doubtful. let me know on that height if you can sand2snow22. thanks to everybody for the input. i'll keep you posted and post some pics soon. i wouldn't be sweating anything but the height, but my wife wants to try and park her minivan in the garage--at least during winter.

coz
03-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Another thing to consider is the prop guard may hit the step as well depending on its height.

I have about 2" before I would hit, so I just roll back unil I hit my built in chaulks. :D

brucemac
03-30-2008, 09:01 PM
i'm starting to stress on the height with the tower folded guys.

should i start another post? i've been searching ever since i started this last thread.

again, i've got an 84in header with a couple pieces of molding.

my driveway slopes up a little into the garage.

height with molding is just shy of 83in. call it 82 and 7/8ths.

it's a 03 x-2 with the zero flex tower which folds foward.

my hitch has a 2in drop i think.

i know i could lower the trailer jack, but since it will be outside on the incline with the axles on the slab, i'm conerned it could roll out on me. ugh.

Chicago190
03-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Not sure on the height, but you can also pick up a couple inches if you deflate the tires and then pump then back up once in the garage.

Jerseydave
03-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Do you have a lawn tractor? Put a low hitch on it and use that to back-in your boat. You can also let some air out of the tires if needed.

Another alternative, switch to low profile tires on the trailer. Just make sure they can handle the weight of your boat/trailer combo. (A tandem axle trailer under an X-2 should make for a safe tire swap since you have 4 tires)

brucemac
03-30-2008, 09:28 PM
nope no tractor, but here's a pic of the driveway.

i'm really starting to get nervous.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2853/dsc3566smalllb2.th.jpg (http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc3566smalllb2.jpg)

93ProStar205
03-30-2008, 09:51 PM
I have a single axle 205 with a steeper driveway than that. If all else fails, can't you just temporarily pull the top portion of the tower, back in and then put it back on or store? Also, read about a guy who would have someone pivot his while he backed in to clear the overhang.

FYI - Couple of things that worked for me to avoid prop-guard scrapeage (if you have an issue):

Gen 1-Made ramps for the trailer out of 6' 2x10s with 4x4s as the fulcrums to "boost" the tires as well as the rear of the trailer over the place where it drags going up the driveway. 2-man job to help align the ramps and look out for dragging, but it worked all last year backing it in with a 2004 V6 4Runner - just lock out the trailer brakes.

Gen 2-Talked to Owen (the owner) at CasterCity.com 2 weeks ago. He sent me 2 4" cast-iron polyurethane coated casters with Delrin bearings for the rear of the trailer. These are good for over 9k pounds a piece, so once they're welded on, I should be able to back it up the driveway sans ramps. 2 casters and quick-change steel brackets ran ~$45.

Oh yeah, I also cut a removeable panel in my garage door flashing with a circ saw for more width, but that is a different story. Where there's enough will (and beer), there's always a way to make it happen. DEFINITELY do not un-hitch and then try to move it on an incline though.

coz
03-30-2008, 09:51 PM
i'm starting to stress on the height with the tower folded guys.

If it doesn't fit just bend the door until you get the right angle.

http://www.floridadisaster.org/mitigation/rcmp/HRG/images/openings/garage_door_pulled_out_large.jpg

Kidding! Kidding! Dont stress! :D

brucemac
03-30-2008, 10:10 PM
i didn't think i'd have an issue with the prop guard and the driveway. it's got casters and it's really not too steep. shoot, i hope not. you guys are giving me a stomach ache! ;)

brucemac
03-30-2008, 10:46 PM
how bout the pilon? is that now the height point since it's towards the rear and the driveway slopes to the street? shoot i wish someone around here had one.

coz
03-30-2008, 10:53 PM
how bout the pilon? is that now the height point since it's towards the rear and the driveway slopes to the street? shoot i wish someone around here had one.

WARNING!!! If your pylon is hitting the driveway turn boat over!!!
:D

brucemac
03-30-2008, 11:13 PM
come on smarty pants. i'm stressin' out here.

coz
03-30-2008, 11:16 PM
come on smarty pants. i'm stressin' out here.

You wont have an issue with your pylon and the header height even at an angle. :D

brucemac
03-30-2008, 11:20 PM
okay, thanks coz! :)

so what's the worst that could happen? lower the tire pressures?

coz
03-30-2008, 11:25 PM
okay, thanks coz! :)

so what's the worst that could happen? lower the tire pressures?

Yeah there's a member here that does that to get it down just enough to get it through the door. :D

brucemac
03-30-2008, 11:29 PM
from what i've read while searching, there's plenty more than 1. ;)

sand2snow22
03-30-2008, 11:35 PM
You wont have an issue with your pylon and the header height even at an angle. :D

Yeah, I was going to go measure for you, but COZ is right you won't have a problem. Where you might have a problem is when the tower is folded forwards. If my memory serves me correctly, the back tower legs stick up a little past the windshield.

If you do have a problem, maybe look into one of those adjustable hitches. A bit spendy but they can go up and down to possible get the boat in the garage. I would remove the trim first.

Then maybe lower the pressure in the tires, see how that goes. If you get annoyed, buy some low profile tires and sell the stock goodyear marathons! Just throwing out some ideas......

93ProStar205
03-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Quit stressing, you're already past the most difficult part - finding the boat.

brucemac
03-30-2008, 11:44 PM
yeah they do stick up a bit more. i feel dumb for not sticking the tape on it. it was hectic, kids there, i was excited, etc. you know the drill.

but sand2snow22, don't you think that because the tounge will be down low as i'm backing in pretty much the whole time that the slope will help me? that's what i'm trying to understand. it would hurt me if the tower folded backwards right?

he said it was just over 82. said i could lower the tounge, but that's only an option with a special hitch. as someone else stated, i can't uncouple it to drop it by hand and push it in. i'm afraid it would roll out with the tounge jack on the slope.

you guys think i'll get her in there don't you. without too much pain in the tail?

brucemac
03-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Quit stressing, you're already past the most difficult part - finding the boat.

if you only knew my wife. let's just say she's very assertive. ;)

oh and 8 months pregnant. :)

93ProStar205
03-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Congrats - funny how that works. The day we took delivery on our current boat was the day we found out we were pregnant with #2.

Chicago190
03-30-2008, 11:59 PM
yeah they do stick up a bit more. i feel dumb for not sticking the tape on it. it was hectic, kids there, i was excited, etc. you know the drill.

but sand2snow22, don't you think that because the tounge will be down low as i'm backing in pretty much the whole time that the slope will help me? that's what i'm trying to understand. it would hurt me if the tower folded backwards right?

he said it was just over 82. said i could lower the tounge, but that's only an option with a special hitch. as someone else stated, i can't uncouple it to drop it by hand and push it in. i'm afraid it would roll out with the tounge jack on the slope.

you guys think i'll get her in there don't you. without too much pain in the tail?

If you block the tires and tongue jack properly, I would think you could safely switch hitches if it came to that.

sand2snow22
03-31-2008, 12:01 AM

I think you're correct? I'm not that smart, but you might have a problem when the trailer wheels hit the level slab in the garage?

brucemac
03-31-2008, 11:57 AM
that $200 drop-hitch should get me though right? since i won't be able to use a floor jack on the slope.

P-hat_in_Cincy
03-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Here's what the tower looks like collapsed. Our SA '02 X10 went in our former house garage (new house has 8' doors), but I had to replace the trim pieces with thinner stuff. I'll measure mine for you tonight, but it's a SA trailer.
P

ORX-1
03-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Bruce my 05 X2 is about 82 inches, it fits in my 7ft door with a couple of inches to spare. One thing to note, my garage entrance is very flat, if it wasn't it might be a different story.....
Here is a question. I think that Pat sold me a used trailer! I have so many scratches and chips in the pain. Mostly under the boat. and the cables were so bad they had to be replaced! how has the paint held up on your trailer? Mine was suppose to be brand new, but think I was taken!

defender1009
03-31-2008, 02:47 PM
P-hat....do you have a brace under your hull while it's on the trailer?

And I thought I was anal retentive!!! :D

sand2snow22
03-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Here is a question. I think that Pat sold me a used trailer! I have so many scratches and chips in the pain. Mostly under the boat. and the cables were so bad they had to be replaced! how has the paint held up on your trailer? Mine was suppose to be brand new, but think I was taken!

You didn't notice the scratches and chips when you picked up the boat? Are you talking about safety cables? You're trailer could be used, but your trailer looks pretty nice, tandem with a spare. A lot of 2006 X1's came with a single axle trailer, no fold away tongue and dukky looking wheels. I haven't seen the condition of your trailer and it sucks if Pat did that, but honestly it might be an upgrade. I know it will help with resale, just touch up the chips and buff out the scratches!

The first year we had the boat we towed it 8 hours to our cabin in Idaho twice. The first time they were repairing the lake road and it was gravel :mad: We got quite a few rock chips on the boat, trailer, etc. Since then we put oversized mudflaps on the truck and I've touched up the trailer with MC touch up paint. Haven't had a problem since......

P-hat_in_Cincy
03-31-2008, 03:15 PM
P-hat....do you have a brace under your hull while it's on the trailer?

And I thought I was anal retentive!!! :D

Shhh!!!:D I hate the way the boat/trailer wobbles around on the trailer jack, so the trailer 'tongue' rests on jackstands. The 'hull' itself is not braced.

If you are talking about the yellow thing, that is my electric dolly just tucked under the boat/trailer.

ORX-1
03-31-2008, 04:17 PM
You didn't notice the scratches and chips when you picked up the boat? Are you talking about safety cables? You're trailer could be used, but your trailer looks pretty nice, tandem with a spare. A lot of 2006 X1's came with a single axle trailer, no fold away tongue and dukky looking wheels. I haven't seen the condition of your trailer and it sucks if Pat did that, but honestly it might be an upgrade. I know it will help with resale, just touch up the chips and buff out the scratches!

The first year we had the boat we towed it 8 hours to our cabin in Idaho twice. The first time they were repairing the lake road and it was gravel :mad: We got quite a few rock chips on the boat, trailer, etc. Since then we put oversized mudflaps on the truck and I've touched up the trailer with MC touch up paint. Haven't had a problem since......

Funny thing was I noticed it and we talked about getting it touched up, and they replaced the cables. but never got me the touch up paint. Also the bummer was that I had to pay extra to not end up with the single axel trailer. None the less you are right, some touch up paint and I should be set to go. Where did you pick that up? Also my rims are pretty beat up and I just bought a plain spare tire and put the MC Cover on (Which Pat gave me) so all in all not too bad but this is the first boat I bought on my own so I am a little picky. Don't get me wrong Pat is a good guy.

sand2snow22
03-31-2008, 04:21 PM
I got the touch up paint from Pat. Have them touch up the paint, buff the scratches out like they said they would. Good time to do that is when you dewinterize, remind them and they'll do it! Then they should give you the leftover touch up paint. I'm sure they have your red in stock!

ORX-1
03-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Good call, I'll let you know how it goes. I am going to make my apointment this week and try to get in before the end of the month. when are you headed out?

tr6coug
03-31-2008, 04:36 PM
I bought my boat there too and they have been really good about fixing things like trailer bunks, scratches on the gel coat, and other little annoyances. They have even given me the proper color gel coat so I can fix little scratches myself. BUT, you have to remind them. I usually call and tell them specifically what needs to be done, then when I am there I give them a list.

Also, if you check the placard on the trailer tongue, it should say what year trailer it is.

sand2snow22
03-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Also, if you check the placard on the trailer tongue, it should say what year trailer it is.

Ahhh, that will tell you!

Lists are good, their service department is good. Can't say that about other inboard dealers in the area!

ORX-1, not sure when heading out. Looks like some of the PDXWake guys are trying to head out on Wednesday!

ORX-1
03-31-2008, 04:53 PM
I bought my boat there too and they have been really good about fixing things like trailer bunks, scratches on the gel coat, and other little annoyances. They have even given me the proper color gel coat so I can fix little scratches myself. BUT, you have to remind them. I usually call and tell them specifically what needs to be done, then when I am there I give them a list.

Thats a great call! I will do that for sure. Funny we all think alike, I drop off a list also...Yeah for the most part the PDX Ski guys are great and have taken pretty good care of everything. I checked out the pic, I really like the x-2.

brucemac
03-31-2008, 05:00 PM
hey hi-jackers back on topic. ;)

just kidding.

i guess i'm not going to rest easy until she's in the garage and i haven't had to mess with anything more than a drop hitch.

thanks for all the replies. phat, don't forget to check when you get a chance. i know it will roughly be an inch taller than mine, but will hopefully provide some peace of mind.

just waiting on the owner to get the released title now.

oh, and that little thing of selling my old boat.

ORX-1
03-31-2008, 05:19 PM
hey hi-jackers back on topic. ;)

just kidding.

i guess i'm not going to rest easy until she's in the garage and i haven't had to mess with anything more than a drop hitch.

thanks for all the replies. phat, don't forget to check when you get a chance. i know it will roughly be an inch taller than mine, but will hopefully provide some peace of mind.

just waiting on the owner to get the released title now.

oh, and that little thing of selling my old boat.

Thats funny you say that, I am new to the forum thing and just asked someone if it is proper etiquette to ask a question on someone else’s thread. But come on it was trailer based right? Good luck getting the trailer in the garage, it’s always tough getting it in a tight spot.

brucemac
03-31-2008, 05:55 PM
hey no worries, really. i was really just kidding.

i'm sure it's going to work out, i'm just nervous. i've got plenty of width and enough depth, just worried about clearing that header is all. i think worst case, i'll have to use that spendy drop hitch, but we'll see. maybe she'll just squeak in with a full tank of gas. ;)

ORX-1
03-31-2008, 06:06 PM
You will prob be alright. The biggest thing to watch is when you go up the driveway the rear of the boat will get really high so keep an eye on your Swim platform so it doesn't hit the top of your garage. Good luck!

coz
03-31-2008, 06:11 PM
You will prob be alright. The biggest thing to watch is when you go up the driveway the rear of the boat will get really high so keep an eye on your Swim platform so it doesn't hit the top of your garage. Good luck!

Now don't get him into max stress mode here :rolleyes: take the step off before you pull into the garage, I do :D

brucemac
03-31-2008, 06:15 PM
yeah, step's coming off anyway

my driveway's not that steep is it?

ORX-1
03-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Now don't get him into max stress mode here :rolleyes: take the step off before you pull into the garage, I do :D

Good point, my bad! I'm sure it will fit just fine. I am too scared to even try myself so I give everyone credit that can get it into a regular garage!

P-hat_in_Cincy
03-31-2008, 09:59 PM
My '04 MC SA trailer measures about 81" from floor to tower leg with the trailer jack at it's lowest setting. Therefore, you should be in slightly better shape with your DA trailer. You could probably push the majority in with your tow vehicle, disconnect, lower, and muscle the rest of the way in.

Hope that helps.

Paul

brucemac
03-31-2008, 11:09 PM
that's great news. p-hat, i replied back. what i didn't understand where was the 86in number coming from? was that if you didn't collapse those rear legs down as far as possible by removing that allen screw?

"At the collapsible portion of the tongue at about 19", the height was about 86"."

thanks again p-hat and too all for taking the time to respond. i'm getting pretty stoked.

sand2snow22
03-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Bruce,

I'm sure you know, but if you don't the tandem trailers have 14 inch wheels and the singles have 15 inch wheels. Your tandem with the tires should save 1-2 inches!

coz
04-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Bruce,

I'm sure you know, but if you don't the tandem trailers have 14 inch wheels and the singles have 15 inch wheels. !

That's what mine say :D 14"

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-01-2008, 08:08 AM
"A picture is worth a thousand words." Measurements are approximate.

brucemac
04-01-2008, 09:10 AM
ahhhh, gotcha. thanks p-hat!

coz
04-01-2008, 09:16 AM
"A picture is worth a thousand words." Measurements are approximate.

Nice job P! :woohoo: nothing like visual details to sooth the stress :D

brucemac
04-01-2008, 01:32 PM
p-hat thanks again!

One thing that I was thinking about this morning is the fact that the tounge jack is a good distance towards the stern of the boat in relation to the end of the tounge and the fold. So what I'm wondering is, maybe it's possible that I can get the boat far enough into the garage (using a drop hitch if I have too) so that the tounge jack would be over the slab (level ground) and then I could feel safe about disconnecting from the hitch and use the tounge jack fully retracted and push her the rest of the way in. If I can just get that tounge jack over the slab onto level ground and my hitch is low enough I'm golden. That means it's all about the height of the hitch and tounge when I'm almost all the way into the garage. In your first post with the measurements you said the break in the tounge is ~19in, isn't the tounge quite a bit more than that (which would work even more in my favor).

Sorry to obsess on this, but I'm really just trying to think all this through as much as best I can. Thanks again to all for your help.

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Since the tower is further back than the jack, if you can get the tower thru your door on the (drop) hitch you shouldn't need to worry about using the tongue jack fully retracted. You would have already won your battle of getting your tallest part thru your garage door.

Explanation: A SA trailer sitting basically level (height of tongue at the fold location = ~18-19") will have the tower measure ~86".

brucemac
04-01-2008, 03:21 PM
ugh, there goes that idea...

brucemac
04-01-2008, 04:04 PM
okay, so one last question. i just went home for lunch real quick.

i need to know how far from the tounge hitch that highest point is. from the hitch to the high point with tower folded.

between your picture p-hat and the picture of my boat, i can take a totall wild stab of 7ft.

reason i ask is that with my hitch 7ft from the door and low point of the header, my hitch is 1ft off the ground. that's the top part of the plate that holds the ball. not the top of the ball.

if someone could help me out with that distance i'd really appreciate it.

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-01-2008, 04:18 PM
ugh, there goes that idea...

Don't sweat it too much. As long as all the dimensions tranlate and you end up in an as-good-or-better situation (SA vs DA), you'll get it in.

(From what I can remember) Our former X10 and former house (after removing header trim pieces) procedure:
1) back boat into garage until tower legs just outside door opening
2) disengage garage door opener and prop garage door open to maximum height.
3) block wheels and disconnect trailer
4) collapse folding tongue
5) lay out section of plywood (driveway was old and full of cracks and divots)
5) lower tongue to minimum height on a 1-ton car jack (not the trailer jack...too tall)
6) push the boat the remainder of the way in the garage
7) make sure location is correct so that garage door did not hit tower legs when opening/closing
8) raise boat off car jack

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-01-2008, 04:29 PM
okay, so one last question. i just went home for lunch real quick.

i need to know how far from the tounge hitch that highest point is. from the hitch to the high point with tower folded.

between your picture p-hat and the picture of my boat, i can take a totall wild stab of 7ft.

reason i ask is that with my hitch 7ft from the door and low point of the header, my hitch is 1ft off the ground. that's the top part of the plate that holds the ball. not the top of the ball.

if someone could help me out with that distance i'd really appreciate it.

This is all I can offer right now...

brucemac
04-01-2008, 06:53 PM
68in from the hitch/towball to the point on the trailer directly below the higest point of the folded tower?

that means the high point is about ~49in from the tip of the bow?

wow, i would have thought more than that. i'll have to go check and measure the height of my hitch at that distance from header. hopefully it's still low around a foot. i do know as my hitch nears the header it does get a little higher off the ground, but I think around 6ft from header it's a foot off the ground which would be a good thing.

coz
04-01-2008, 07:29 PM
This is all I can offer right now...

P-hat your boat looks a whole lot better from this angle :D Nice ride dude! :headbang: http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/inc/watermark.php?path=http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/files/f_boat_desc--1482_302.jpg

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-01-2008, 07:49 PM
68in from the hitch/towball to the point on the trailer directly below the higest point of the folded tower?

that means the high point is about ~49in from the tip of the bow?

wow, i would have thought more than that. i'll have to go check and measure the height of my hitch at that distance from header. hopefully it's still low around a foot. i do know as my hitch nears the header it does get a little higher off the ground, but I think around 6ft from header it's a foot off the ground which would be a good thing.

Bruce,
The picture is showing exactly what I intended. HEIGHT from the bottom of the trailer rail to top of the leg on the tower (straight-line measurement). It does not directly mean that it is from the hitch/towball. However, there should be no significant difference.

No measurement provided has been LENGTH (front to back). All measurements have only been HEIGHT. Please don't confuse the two. If you need a measurement, please explain them clearly defining LENGTH and/or HEIGHT.

Take care,
Paul

coz...thanks!

brucemac
04-01-2008, 08:33 PM
sorry p-hat.

let me try to be more clear

in order to understand any benefits my driveway may provide me due to hitch hight, i'm trying to find:

the length in inches from the trailer hitch (tow ball) to the point on the trailer (same plane as hitch) straight down (plumb) from the highest point of the folded tower. in other words, how far from the tow ball/hitch is that line you drew where it intersects the trailer.

slapping a tape on the slab and eyballing straight down from the tallest point is all i need.

i wasn't communicating more clearly. hopefully that's better. sorry and thanks again.

brucemac
04-01-2008, 08:33 PM
sorry double post, the server was acting up i think

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Bruce,
The length you seek is ~7.5' or 90".
Let us know if that helps!
Take care,
Paul

brucemac
04-02-2008, 09:46 PM
thanks a ton p-hat!

that's what I was looking for!

that puts my mind at ease because that means the hitch will be right around a foot off the driveway when i'm backing her up and the tallest point is clearing the opening.

thanks again for all the replies!

i'll post pics when i bring her home! hopefully late next week.

:)

coz
04-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Big test is when you bring it home :rolleyes: Good luck! :D

Chicago190
04-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but is the boat or someone with the same tower close enough that you could do a test fit? What about the owner/dealer, can he do a few measurements for you? Good luck with the new boat in a week anyway, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

brucemac
04-03-2008, 01:26 AM
coz, is that glass half empty talking?! chicago190, i would have done that, but no such luck. boat is out of state (that's why i've been so obsessive about it) and i don't know anybody with that year tower on a 205 hull or i would have begged. as far as new boats go, there are only (2) x-1's for sale in washington as far as i know and they're 4.5 hours away. cope (the local mc dealer) is also parting ways with mc here. not really worried though, think i found a great mechanic from a referral. boat's obviously out of warranty anyway so no big deal there. and i'm sure mc will fill the void here eventually. anyway, thanks again everybody. i'll keep you posted. stoked.

coz
04-03-2008, 08:12 AM
coz, is that glass half empty talking?! i'll keep you posted. stoked.

Glass is always full my friend :D come on over and I'll buy ya a full one. :D glad to see the stress has turned to stoke. :woohoo: Definetly keep us posted.