PDA

View Full Version : Buying an 08 PS214, what options should I get?

93Prostar190
03-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Hello everyone ... making the move from my 1993 Prostar 190 to the new Prostar 214.

I ski mostly in Ohio with periodic trips to TN and KY.

Just getting a sampling of what options you all think I should consider.

I am considering the MCX engine, mini-tower, tandem trailer, etc.

I am up in the air about

- Tower racks (I carry slalom and wakeboards)
- Silentmaster
- Tower accessories
- Walk through seat
- Heater
- Shower
- Tonneau cover
- New digital guage on the dash

Any thoughts from some of you with newer boats are welcome.

Peace.

VTJC
03-30-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't believe you can stand under the mini-tower, unless your my wifes height, which I consider a real PITA. Jamie

coz
03-30-2008, 08:00 PM
- Tower racks (I carry slalom and wakeboards)
- Silentmaster
- Tower accessories
- Walk through seat
- Heater
- Shower
- Tonneau cover
- New digital guage on the dash

My :twocents: is go with the walk through seat, great for colder days when everyone is bundled in the back. Congrats on the upgrade :D

Dutch
03-30-2008, 08:03 PM
93 prostar
I made the move from a 87 pro star to the X14 which is basically the same boat as the 214 just add the ballast tanks and tower. I basically got everything I could get that was offered since I was able to negotiate the price for each item and it was cheaper to have factory installed rather than adding later.
From My point of view if You both ski and wake board get one of the racks for each, there is not enough storage room inside the boat to store ski's, boards, surfers etc. Its nice to get them out of the way.
The MCX is a proven engine and I've had no issues, My wife would not survive without the heaters, and shower, She uses this every time we go out, to warm her suit or stay warm after a run. We got the boot blaster, really don't use much. Remote transom stereo control is nice and not an expensive add on. If you trailer Your boat or park near trees I would get the boat cover, its nice to clean the boat before the trip and have it still be clean and dust free when You get there.
The digital guage if it is perfect pass is a must, My wife became an expert driver overnight once She learned how to use. No more frustrations over speed and towing when I'm not driving. Make sure and get the depth guage that ties into the digital system.
You're gona love this boat, if You wake board alot or have kids that will I would sudgest getting the X14 just to get the buildt in ballast and controls rather than add them later. You need the weight to get a good wake.
For skiing the boat is great, not as good as the prostar 190 but still really nice. I found I needed to ski a little faster to have the flat wake.
Good luck on Your buy.

93Prostar190
04-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks to everyone that responded .... I ordered a PS 214 and will let everyone know what I find once I take delivery in May.

I did want to share with you that if you are interested in shortline slalom you want to go with the Mini Tower instead of the full size tower. The rear legs of the mini tower do not go as far back as the full tower on the boat.

So when a really good skier is connected to the center ski pylon and they are trying to get "wide" the rope will hit a 214/X14 with a full tower.

Of course you don't have to get a tower if you are a pure slalom person ... just some feedback.

I think the style of the mini tower looks better.

Thanks to everyone, see you on the water.