PDA

View Full Version : '06 MC 197 Bow Filler Cushion?

SchuyHigh
03-30-2008, 09:46 AM
I just rec'd my filler cushion from MC and am somewhat disappointed, so I'll ask... It appears as though the quality of vinyl is not the same and the stitching is certainly less quality. Instead of the "triple" stitch seams that I find look very nice compared to other boats, it seems to just have a basic stitch & seam like my grandma could have done. Also the cushion/padding itself is obviously not as firm as the factory seating.

Is there anyone who can take a minute and confirm this difference between factory interior and the later ordered cushion? Thanks!

TMCNo1
03-30-2008, 11:19 AM
I just rec'd my filler cushion from MC and am somewhat disappointed, so I'll ask... It appears as though the quality of vinyl is not the same and the stitching is certainly less quality. Instead of the "triple" stitch seams that I find look very nice compared to other boats, it seems to just have a basic stitch & seam like my grandma could have done. Also the cushion/padding itself is obviously not as firm as the factory seating.

Is there anyone who can take a minute and confirm this difference between factory interior and the later ordered cushion? Thanks!

I would think that issue is something that you should take up with the people you got the cushion from and MC.

SchuyHigh
03-30-2008, 04:57 PM
I agree. Just curious if I was expecting something that a bow filler cushion isn't. I'm sure there are several people with X series boats with the filler cushion. I'm wondering if their cushions are different from their interior? If so, then I have no complaint. If not, then I'll research difference with dealer and MC first of week. thanks!

TMCNo1
03-30-2008, 06:16 PM
I agree. Just curious if I was expecting something that a bow filler cushion isn't. I'm sure there are several people with X series boats with the filler cushion. I'm wondering if their cushions are different from their interior? If so, then I have no complaint. If not, then I'll research difference with dealer and MC first of week. thanks!

Your right about asking others, but if it isn't right, it isn't right and you deserve better than just good enough if it doesn't match. Keep us informed.