PDA

View Full Version : Cope & Mcphetres

Roonie's
03-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Looks like Cope is no longer going to be carrying MC. Their huge stock of 07/08 MC's are now at dealer cost. Look at their web site and scroll down.

http://www.copeandmcphetres.com/

ShamrockIV
03-30-2008, 11:54 AM
dude they have al those in stock???? no wonder they can't afford them!!

h20winn
03-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Where does it say that Cope will not be carrying Mastercrafts? Also, do you know if it is for all locations? Which location are you looking at?

03 35th Anniversary
03-30-2008, 12:16 PM
dude they have al those in stock???? no wonder they can't afford them!!They are MasterCrafts top selling dealer. They moved over a 1000 boats a year.

All those boat are span over 4 or 5 dealerships.

flipper
03-30-2008, 12:25 PM
I can't see them not carrying MC anymore. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to have somebody else take over MC for the area though. No matter what you want from them, you are going to pay at least twice the price compared to anywhere else for general parts.

SkiDog
03-30-2008, 01:32 PM
I can't see them not carrying MC anymore. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to have somebody else take over MC for the area though. No matter what you want from them, you are going to pay at least twice the price compared to anywhere else for general parts.

Customer service. Thats it in a nutshell. You got NO or POOR customer service, the factory takes away your boats! nuff said!

flipper
03-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Customer service. Thats it in a nutshell. You got NO or POOR customer service, the factory takes away your boats! nuff said!

That too....I've caught them in more lies, trying to rip me off, than trying to help. I do all I can to not go through them. One time they tried to sell me a bilge pump for $90, and told me it was the only one that would fit and work right in my boat. I ordered the exact same on out of overton's or one of those for like $30 or so.

SkiDog
03-30-2008, 02:26 PM
That too....I've caught them in more lies, trying to rip me off, than trying to help. I do all I can to not go through them. One time they tried to sell me a bilge pump for $90, and told me it was the only one that would fit and work right in my boat. I ordered the exact same on out of overton's or one of those for like $30 or so.
I'm sure thats happened to every one of their customers. I know from reliable sources that is why MC is giving them the boot!

Roonie's
03-30-2008, 02:28 PM
More info found here.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/560795.html?1206889401

X2M
03-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm sure thats happened to every one of their customers. I know from reliable sources that is why MC is giving them the boot!

I have had multiple bad experiences with the service from Copes and know of alot of people in the Sacramento area that have the same.

Hopefully the new dealer up there will do MC proud.

Dutch
03-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Does this include all locations? I'm in Washington State and have seen Mastercraft pull their boats from a couple different dealers now in the past few years. Not surprised as I rarely use them except for warranty issues, They just don't have good customer service.
I wonder if this will affect the 10 grand rebate certificate they gave me when I bought my X14 last year???? I'll have to read up on the rules. I hope we get a good replacement, I keep reading all these raving reviews about other shops and service departments on this site. I have none to add and only frustration with Copes

dapicatti
03-30-2008, 08:01 PM
According to the Wakeworld Rumor mill it specifically states the Washington store- issaquah- will be closed. Where does that leave us- Portland or Spokane? I have to drive already to get my boat serviced- 2 hrs, and now it will be 4??

Dutch
03-30-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm sure MC will be shopping for another dealer that can take on or handle their business, I was worried when the took it away from Gunnasons marine in Kent Wa. but they already had Cope set up for the transition. They sell alot of boats in the Pacific Northwest so I'm sure they will find someone, I would think some industrious boat dealer would bend over backwards to get this account.

dapicatti
03-30-2008, 11:07 PM
I hope so. We actually liked the sales guys there, but haven't had the opportunity to actually purchase something from them. But, with the attractive pricing right now might be time for us to pull the trigger a little early. We were looking at upgrading next year, but this may be the time to buy.

erkoehler
03-30-2008, 11:17 PM
I hope so. We actually liked the sales guys there, but haven't had the opportunity to actually purchase something from them. But, with the attractive pricing right now might be time for us to pull the trigger a little early. We were looking at upgrading next year, but this may be the time to buy.

What are you guys looking for?

ted shred
03-30-2008, 11:32 PM
I bought my first MC from them when they only had one store. Their customer service sucked then and still does.

ted shred
03-30-2008, 11:32 PM
I bought my first MC from them when they only had one store. Their customer service sucked then and still does.

sand2snow22
03-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Must have had a few too many bad surveys?

auburn buck
03-31-2008, 11:36 PM
I dropped into the Rocklin store this afternoon, and nothng but Mailbu's in the showroom as far as I could see. What a shock. :confused:

erkoehler
03-31-2008, 11:59 PM
I dropped into the Rocklin store this afternoon, and nothng but Mailbu's in the showroom as far as I could see. What a shock. :confused:

On behalf of MasterCraft I apologize for the wasted trip!

rodltg2
04-01-2008, 12:27 AM
yep as of last tuesday, malibu's moved in and MC moved. Word is Cope's will switch all their stores to either Centurion or Malibu.
Nor Cal MC and Riverboat marine will be the closest dealer.

dapicatti
04-01-2008, 02:23 AM
What are you guys looking for?
x star- we were going to wait but if the price is right...........

TMCNo1
04-01-2008, 05:52 AM
I just figured Wakecraft was taking the world by storm!

rodltg2
04-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I just figured Wakecraft was taking the world by storm!
nope not at all, but I dont have 200+ units in excess inventory to return or blowout.

cbryan70
04-01-2008, 12:55 PM
http://www.copeandmcphetres.com/content.asp?nav=114137&cpid=8737&isPreview=True&

can get some good deals