PDA

View Full Version : Rambo Marine

stuartmcnair
03-29-2008, 10:54 PM
I just pulled in from Huntsville. I was really impressed with Rambo. They had to put a new carb on my boat. When they took it out the first time the tech didn't think it was "just right". They ordered a second carb and did it all over again with the results they were hoping for. They noticed little spikes in the temp so they replaced the thermostat and checked the impeller. I guess that is the reason to take it to the dealer. I doubt just any mechanic would have the background to notice all of that.

They also told me I will be very happy and that the new prop really gives it a good hole shot.

Anyway, just wanted to pass along what a good job they did.

TMCNo1
03-29-2008, 10:59 PM
I just pulled in from Huntsville. I was really impressed with Rambo. They had to put a new carb on my boat. When they took it out the first time the tech didn't think it was "just right". They ordered a second carb and did it all over again with the results they were hoping for. They noticed little spikes in the temp so they replaced the thermostat and checked the impeller. I guess that is the reason to take it to the dealer. I doubt just any mechanic would have the background to notice all of that.

They also told me I will be very happy and that the new prop really gives it a good hole shot.

Anyway, just wanted to pass along what a good job they did.

It's great to hear you got everything worked out to your satisfaction. Dealers like that are few and far between.

uawaterskier
03-30-2008, 02:37 AM
rambo ftmfw

icewake
03-30-2008, 08:37 AM
i need to head down there sometime since its only about 45 min from the house

EFiles
03-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Bought my boat from them back in 1995. It was worth the 8 hour drive.

sk8salomon
03-30-2008, 11:33 AM
they are the best damn MC dealer in the SE IMO! Lex in parts will go out of his way to find what you need and the sales guys actually call you back! their website is great too for most anything even for prev owned boats.

kev88
03-31-2008, 12:51 AM
Best Around!

wakeX2wake
03-31-2008, 09:52 AM
couldn't agree more w/ everything said on here... called them last Tues about tower supports... they were in my garage on thursday and on the boat friday... they go out of their way to do you right... almost like they appreciate your business or something... what a novel idea

kev88
03-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Auburnx2:

Putting mine on too. How in the heck did you break the existing tower bolts loose?!

atlfootr
04-01-2008, 11:17 AM
12-04-2007, 06:57 PM

If it were up to Lex and he had it his way - he'd give everything away for FREE!
That'd certainly drive Mr. Scooter Rambo right outta business :D

The peps @ RAMBO MARINE are GREAT down there, in fact -

Back'n in the days when I lived in Atlanta, GA. that'd be THE ONLY place I or my brother would take our MC's
for either repair or servicing 8p

That alone was a 4.5 - 5 hour drive for us 1 way.
You do the math ....

Heck, I think I may of even started a thread about these guy's on here somewhere ...

Here's another from someone else

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=20626&highlight=rambo+marine

stuartmcnair
04-01-2008, 11:22 AM
any day now the Rambo Marine store in Birmingham will open. That will save me several hours next time.

uawaterskier
04-01-2008, 12:29 PM
any day now the Rambo Marine store in Birmingham will open. That will save me several hours next time.
dont kid yourself. I had to drive by it on the way to prop shop and it is WAY out there.

stuartmcnair
04-01-2008, 12:55 PM
further than Hazel Green? Doubt it....

uawaterskier
04-01-2008, 01:02 PM
no but its a long way down 280

76S&S
04-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Still a beter option for me as I work in B'ham.