PDA

View Full Version : Help replacing lift ring in bow

rholmes
03-29-2008, 10:26 PM
My 90 Maristar 210 has a broken lift ring up front. From what it looks like, the lift ring screws into a nut somehow attached to the bow winch u-bolt. I thought by removing the front seat pad against the front of the bow, the cushion would pull off and allow access up there. This is not the case. I can't access it at all. How in the world can I possibly get to it? It essentially is a solid piece of fiberglass with holes where the snaps go in. The front bottom cushion does not have a hole under it where I could reach up and access it. It basically looks like the first pic in the thread below, but no access holes. Any suggestions much appreciated.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=22322

rholmes
03-30-2008, 11:37 AM
bump, anyone?

flipper
03-30-2008, 12:33 PM
I did mine, but it was just a matter of crawling up into the bow. Maybe call the dealer???? There's got to be a way.

rholmes
04-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Anyone else before I trailer it to a dealer?

88 PS190
04-04-2008, 12:36 PM
There's going to be a way to access there, as it wasn't sealed in by the upper deck unless they were goofy in 90..

Just figure on removing any interior component you can till you find access, do the side skins allow you to reach up behind and un do the nuts?

Does the front panel pop out, as my 88 has these plastic things like trunk liner tabs holding some panels on you can just pull those off.

So just work slow, see if you can pry the bow peice back and see trim type fasteners, work from there.