PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Suggestions needed

aremsing
03-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Hello everyone,
I've got a 93 PS205 that currently has a stock radio on it. I'm looking to add a new receiver with iPod connections and possibly some new speakers and/or amp. I'm looking for any suggestions people have done already or know has been done. The boat needs to be louder!!!

ncsone
03-28-2008, 09:06 AM
I went with the Sony CDX H905iP. Just put it in about 2 weeks ago. It has a built in iPod connection and you can get a remote too. Love it!

ShamrockIV
03-28-2008, 09:15 AM
i have a 97 205. i am putting an alpine like i have in my car. it had ipod connector and it charges and controls ipod too!!

east tx skier
03-28-2008, 10:06 AM
JVC makes a nice little head unit with a digital ipod interface so you can work the ipod from the head unit. Also plays mp3/wma cds. Detachable face and IR remote included. I got mine for about $125 on ebay. This is my second JVC in a boat. Both have been trouble free.

peason
03-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Eastie, I too am in the market for a new stereo, what JVC unit did you buy? - My Clarion that came with the boat will not eject or play CDs any more - plus the wired remote next to the driver broke as well. I would like to get a new stereo that will connect to an i-pod and also a remote that I can put next to the driver - to fill the hole left by the clarion wired remote.

pistol pete
03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Depending on what you want to spend, the best and loudest thing going is by acoustic artistry. Go to www.acousticartistry.com. I put a set of AA500's on my tower and they are unbelieveable. They are clearer and louder than any amount of speakers you could put on a tower. Tell Scott that Pete referred you.

east tx skier
03-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Eastie, I too am in the market for a new stereo, what JVC unit did you buy? - My Clarion that came with the boat will not eject or play CDs any more - plus the wired remote next to the driver broke as well. I would like to get a new stereo that will connect to an i-pod and also a remote that I can put next to the driver - to fill the hole left by the clarion wired remote.

I'm not sure of the exact model, but it was something similar to this.

Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JVC-KD-PDR50-MP3-WMA-CD-R-AUX-IPOD-CD-RECEIVER_W0QQitemZ300209522398QQihZ020QQcategoryZ5 0559QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

The remote is not the wired variety and I'm not sure you could get a remote to work with it that would fill the hole. But since my deck has always been in the dash pod, a wired remote in that location has never been something I needed.

Also, as far as speakers go, I' just put some Polk DB 651's in my boat and they sound very good.