PDA

View Full Version : Fire on the mountain!

TMCNo1
03-28-2008, 07:43 AM
This fire, about 25 miles from us has been raging since Wednesday due to the dry/drought conditions and is still out of control this morning, slideshow, http://www.wxii12.com/slideshow/slideshows/15720580/detail.html, video, http://www.wxii12.com/video/15725822/index.html

mayo93prostar
03-28-2008, 08:29 AM
#1, sorry to hear that. looks like you guys got some rain a couple weeks ago but still in a drought. hopefully you will get more rain before CSM08.

Monte
03-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Ya'll stay safe over there...

coz
03-28-2008, 09:16 AM
This fire, about 25 miles from us has been raging since Wednesday due to the dry/drought conditions and is still out of control this morning, slideshow, http://www.wxii12.com/slideshow/slideshows/15720580/detail.html, video, http://www.wxii12.com/video/15725822/index.html

Man! this is a calif. story :confused: I hope it stays in the hills and they get it out before any damage is done to people or property. :firejump: I had thought this nation got hit pretty good this winter with record rain & snow I guess the carolinas were left out? How has this affected your lakes and rivers? are they below level? Stay safe and I hope the wind is blowing away from you location.

TMCNo1
03-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Ya'll stay safe over there...

There are a bunch of TV and radio towers on top of the mountain that have been safe until now, but they are being threatened. The state has placed a Burning Ban in effect, even for those who have premits to do so.
I have a numbnuts next door neighbor who is obcessed with building a fire every weekend in the bottom behind our houses about 5:00pm every Saturday and Sunday and leaves it unattended to go out during the night. Code requires all open fires be attended and totally put out, by 6:00pm.
If ya'll hear about me being shot by this sob this weekend, it's because I called the fire department on his butt. He is not gonna set this area on fire, NO WAY!:mad:

TMCNo1
03-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Man! this is a calif. story :confused: I hope it stays in the hills and they get it out before any damage is done to people or property. :firejump: I had thought this nation got hit pretty good this winter with record rain & snow I guess the carolinas were left out? How has this affected your lakes and rivers? are they below level? Stay safe and I hope the wind is blowing away from you location.

We've had enough to fill up the lakes, rivers and streams, but when it stops raining, the winds have been strong enough to dry everything out in a day or two and the vegetation/leaves/brush gets crispy real quick, with low humidity and the fire danger rises. We are suppose to get some T-storms tonight that may help, but.....we will see!

coz
03-28-2008, 09:42 AM
We've had enough to fill up the lakes, rivers and streams, but when it stops raining, the winds have been strong enough to dry everything out in a day or two and the vegetation/leaves/brush gets crispy real quick, with low humidity and the fire danger rises. We are suppose to get some T-storms tonight that may help, but.....we will see!

Yep! just like cali :confused: you get enough rain to make everything green and over grown and when the santa ana winds kick up and dries everything out it's fires jus waiting to happen. :mad: I'll bet you see this all over the news in cali this year due to the amount of rain they got.

TMCNo1
03-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Yep! just like cali :confused: you get enough rain to make everything green and over grown and when the santa ana winds kick up and dries everything out it's fires jus waiting to happen. :mad: I'll bet you see this all over the news in cali this year due to the amount of rain they got.

We haven't had this much fire danger since back in the early '90's, but the fires were in the Southwestern Foothills just east of Asheville and 120 miles away. We had smoke here for a week or so from them, but this is a different story as close as it is to us. One good thing, is it will have to cross some serious flat farmland to get to us any time soon, but ya never know what fire will do!

magnum
03-28-2008, 10:26 AM
We can send you some water from Arkansas , Rivers , Lakes are flooding , launching ramps closed, just drove almost 2400 miles to pick up an 06 X-Star and no where to launch it , I am sure I will find someplace this w/e . can't wait to get it in the water

pilot02
03-28-2008, 11:52 AM
With all of the beer being drunk in that part of the woods "piss on it".. (did I just say that??? lol)

TMCNo1
03-29-2008, 09:34 AM
The fire is now under control, since all this rain has come in and will be here for the next 4 days, they say!

Lennyp04
03-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Harold I was watching the weather channel and saw this. My prayers are with you for the fire to stop.

TMCNo1
03-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Still raining and the fire is basically out, with rain the next 4 days!