PDA

View Full Version : Reunion Input Needed

Jim@BAWS
03-27-2008, 01:12 PM
We have a dilemna !!! Bay Area WaterSports would like to continue on with the reunions that we have put on the last 5 years. Some where planned in haste...other where planned way out. Our reunions have been in Temple Terrace on the river GREAT PLACE... 3 years in a row. One year at USA WaterSki Headquarters and last year at the dealership Great turnout 35 + boats but very very tight!

This weekend is the Antique Boat Show in Mt. Dora and Tavares Florida. It is in Central Florida on a VERY LARGE Chain of Lakes. I think it is called the Harris Chain. This location would offer us something unique. HUGE on water capabitlies, huge audience to show off the boats, hotels and activities for the kids. In the past our biggest problem was trying to use the boats afterwards. The Hillsborough River was a pain because of bridges, USA WaterSki no place to put boats in, at the dealership cramped quarters. At the venue for the Antique Boat Show all the problems would be solved. Plenty of room. Hotels galore, golfing available, great weather Early spring, (some kids maybe on spring break) and lastly open water ways for folks to drive there boats.

We can have and older type reunion to "SHOW OFF" the boats and still be able to use them. I will report back after this weekend and see what we can do. In the mean time review the links I have posted and add your input. This has the makings of being more than just a Bay Area WaterSports Event. Look foward to your input !!

Jim@BAWS

http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com

http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/public.htm

http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/index2.php

http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/Calendar_details2.php?id=83

http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/morepages/Moveinfo.htm

trickskier
03-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Jim, after attending both CSM and Mag Mania last year, I can tell you that meeting other MasterCraft Owners "On the Water" is the best way to have an event. My family would rather be riding & skiing than polishing............:rolleyes: I've never been able to meet many owners at an event where the boats are judged........I spend all of my time cleaning the boat, which I started cleaning two weeks before the event.

My vote is to have an event on the H2o.................It's a lot more relaxing for everyone..................Including you!!! :D

SkiDog
03-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Jim, after attending both CSM and Mag Mania last year, I can tell you that meeting other MasterCraft Owners "On the Water" is the best way to have an event. My family would rather be riding & skiing than polishing............:rolleyes: I've never been able to meet many owners at an event where the boats are judged........I spend all of my time cleaning the boat, which I started cleaning two weeks before the event.

My vote is to have an event on the H2o.................It's a lot more relaxing for everyone..................Including you!!! :D
After attending numerous reunions, and meeting some GREAT people over the years, I have to agree with Tricky! The last 2 events that he & I attended, I have to say, that's the way to go! Sure, people are gonna spend a LITTLE time polishing, but, in the grand scheme of things, its all gonna be about using them and having fun ON THE WATER. Not in the parking lot. No more trophys, (or bragging rights) for that matter. Just there to have a fun & relaxing weekend. Man, talk about being tired on a Monday after a reunion of polishing, setting up & breaking down all your show stuff, and drinking heavyly on top of it all! This is the NEW way of meeting Mastercraft owners that you have only somewhat met here on Teamtalk. You've seen the pictures that were taken at these events, so you know that a good time will be had by all. In other words, DOG is in!(If I don't have a wedding to attend):D :D

KnoxX2
03-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Jim
I think you are on to something here! I must agree with Trick and Dog to have it on the water. Also if I could make another suggestion it would be to have it in the winter. This way some of the people who go to events like CSM or Mag Mania can attend yours as well. Plus we are all looking for a break in the winter. Just my:twocents:

flipper
03-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Not that my :twocents: mean anything, being that it's too far for me, but I think that sounds like a great place where you can have a little of everything.

KnoxX2
03-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Flipper it's never too far. Just hop a plane out of Sac.

Jim@BAWS
03-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Jim
I think you are on to something here! I must agree with Trick and Dog to have it on the water. Also if I could make another suggestion it would be to have it in the winter. This way some of the people who go to events like CSM or Mag Mania can attend yours as well. Plus we are all looking for a break in the winter. Just my:twocents:

This will be in coordination with the Antique Boat Show. I cannot control there March dates. There is not a better time in Florida than in March

This IS NOT FIRM and as of right now there is NO DATE or comittment
I am lookng for input

Jim@BAWS

flipper
03-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Flipper it's never too far. Just hop a plane out of Sac.

I wish it were that easy!!! I hope to make it one of these years, but between busy at work, and a prego wife, doesn't sound likely this year.:(

Chief
03-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Using the boats on the water and meeting and drinking in the evening is the way to go. Never been to a reunion, but if I had I would rather be using the boat and making memories.

If I could only get trick on the tube.................

Just my two.

JohnE
03-27-2008, 06:38 PM
On the water is the best way. I wouldn't have gone to csm if that weren't the case. I'd be in for flying down to FLA if I could find someone to let me on their bote.;)

I do agree with Knox, that having it in the winter would be best. March at the latest. I love going to csm. Mag Mania is tough for me being at the end of summer. Winter is perfect. Even very early spring....

shepherd
03-28-2008, 07:46 AM
I agree with everyone else. If I can't put my boat in the water and use it, I won't go. That's the main reason you didn't see me at the ones at BAWS and USA WaterSki.

I've been to the antique boat show at Mt. Dora. Excellent venue! I would very likely come to that one if my calendar allows.

Jim@BAWS
03-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Well GREAT NEWS! The Antique Boat Association gave nothing but a preliminary THUMBS UP today. A brief 15 min intro to the board member who is in charge of the boat show portion and the City of Tavares Economic Development Member.

The INWATER display was moved from Mt Dora to Tavares 6 miles away. Mt Dora, Tavares and Eustis are all on the HARRIS chain of lakes. You can also boat to Silver Springs, 3 hours by boat.

As for now the basic plan is this. Arrive Fri PM. Boat line up ON DISPLAY Sat AM, Break down right after lunch. (No you do not have to compete, we just want to get all the boats lined up together some how for the event.) Boat Parade Sat Afternoon from Mt Dora to Tavares. We will possibly display in Mt Dora because of lack of parking room. Pull boats by 4pm. 6pm Late professional ski show/DEMO.
Evening buffet Sat PM w/ awards and door prizes. Sun AM Poker Run or something on the lake. Depart by 3 PM on Sunday. Don't worry I will line up hotels and everything just like past reunions. This event will be in conjunction with the Antique Boat show.

The displays today where most impressive. I have been to many shows in upstate NY at the Antique Boat Museum in Clayton. This WAS AND AWESOME event.
I could not believe how open the group was to having MasterCraft involved. Usually the Wooden boat owners ONLY want to deal with there era of boats...not this time the OLDER inboards with the NEW Inboards.

I am sure that there will be some great photo opportunitues along with some great stories. Today we rode a train pulled by a STEAM locomotive from Tavares to Mt Dora and back. First time in 8 years they have used a steam engine on that route. Takes about a 1/2 hour each way. Very, very unique area in Florida to say the least. I have no dates as of yet. Probably the same weekend next year. Stay Tuned!
Everyone start thinking about it now. This could be one of coolest MasterCraft get togethers ever !!!

Jim@BAWS

trickskier
03-30-2008, 09:14 PM
This sounds GREAT Jim!!! Really looking forward to it!!! :D

Jim@BAWS
01-09-2009, 05:01 PM
WE ARE ONLINE Talked with them today Meeting Feb 9th

http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/calendar_details2.php?id=119

Keep checking back

Thanks

Jim@BAWS

SkiDog
01-09-2009, 05:12 PM
WE ARE ONLINE Talked with them today Meeting Feb 9th

http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/calendar_details2.php?id=119

Keep checking back

Thanks

Jim@BAWS

Jimbo, Glad to hear that you're making some plans for this year. However, I gotta give a tiny bit of input here. Lake Dora, is BY FAR, the NASTEST lake or body of water that i have EVER put A boat in! After our little going away party we did for Chief (Wade) last year, when We pulled our boats out after just 3 days, there was a growth on the hull that took me about 3 hours to get off. Once I got home, I had to take my boat to our marina and put it on the lift and scrub it with Snobowl. I even had to let the snobowl soak in for 5-10 minutes before I could put the brush to it, to get the crap off!
Lake Dora and its surroundings is a BEAUTIFUL lake, but the water is bulls__t! I have heard that the water is nasty due to all the SOD farms around the area. Anybody else have any input for this?

Stritt
01-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Summer months are worse when the water is warmer, with that said we never went to Harris Chain to ski, just cruise and have dinner. The best the lakes has to offer is the canal up to Silver River Springs, cool and clear! Used to run back with the boom after the last lock. Crawled out and back in....to many BIG gators in a narrow area.....the water was Glass for miles.....It's about a 2 hour trip from Mt. Dora ramp if you time the locks correctly. There are a couple "bad woods biker clubs" to eat and drink that are FANTASTIC....better than Dead River Vics. Good Luck and have fun.

JohnE
01-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Summer months are worse when the water is warmer, with that said we never went to Harris Chain to ski, just cruise and have dinner. The best the lakes has to offer is the canal up to Silver River Springs, cool and clear! Used to run back with the boom after the last lock. Crawled out and back in....to many BIG gators in a narrow area.....

I still don't know how y'all can ski with those guys in the water..........Oh, and the ole "you just run the boat through the course a couple of times and they run away" isn't very comforting.

SkiDog
01-10-2009, 10:16 AM
I still don't know how y'all can ski with those guys in the water..........Oh, and the ole "you just run the boat through the course a couple of times and they run away" isn't very comforting.

Don't be such a puss! (i'd have oput a smilie in there but they ain't working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ***!

trickskier
01-10-2009, 10:24 AM

John, how many alligator attacks do you read about every year?

shepherd
01-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Oh, and the ole "you just run the boat through the course a couple of times and they run away" isn't very comforting.

Not too comforting maybe, but it seems to work!

JohnE
01-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Don't be such a puss! (i'd have oput a smilie in there but they ain't working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ***!

Shut up and have a beer.

John, how many alligator attacks do you read about every year?

None, so you must be due for one.

Not too comforting maybe, but it seems to work!

Fair enough.

SkiDog
01-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Shut up and have a beer.

None, so you must be due for one.

Fair enough.

Don't you know that I'm not drinking this month?!

JohnE
01-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Don't you know that I'm not drinking this month?!

Yup!!!!! That was called heckling.

trickskier
02-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Jim what's the latest on this???

Jim@BAWS
02-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Rick

It just is not going to happen this year. I let the ball drop...the current times do not allow
for a capitol outlay right now either. I am planning on being at the Antique Boat Show on that Sunday. It is an AWESOME event to see. If anyone wants to meet up there let me know

Sorry guys...it just did not work out this year

Jim@BAWS

JohnE
02-09-2009, 09:32 PM
No need to be sorry. Things are hectic and tough all around.

SkiDog
02-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Rick

It just is not going to happen this year. I let the ball drop...the current times do not allow
for a capitol outlay right now either. I am planning on being at the Antique Boat Show on that Sunday. It is an AWESOME event to see. If anyone wants to meet up there let me know

Jim@BAWS

Just come to CSM this year! That's reunion enough and you won't have to do ANY work! Also, you ain't gotta buy any damn trophies either!:D

Sodar
02-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Not sure that would be a good idea...

Jim@BAWS-> 44445 <-TMCNo1

Jim@BAWS
02-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Not sure that would be a good idea...

Jim@BAWS-> 44445 <-TMCNo1

You are killen me HA HA HA

I can tolerate Harold for a day or 2

Jim@BAWS

SkiDog
02-10-2009, 02:24 PM
You are killen me HA HA HA

I can tolerate Harold for a day or 2

Jim@BAWS

According to the Man himself, he will ONLY be coming there for Saturday only. I'm trying my best to talk him into more days BUT, theres some issues that may not make that possible. It WON'T be the same without them, i can tell you that!:(

flipper
02-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Will somebody get this kick to the junk on film for me? I can't make it out there.

SkiDog
02-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Will somebody get this kick to the junk on film for me? I can't make it out there.
Why the hell not? And don't give us any lame brain excuses, you got 3 months to plan it!

flipper
02-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Planning it is easy...now paying for it is another story. hmmmm, maybe pram will pay shipping for me and my family to get out there

Sodar
02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Planning it is easy...now paying for it is another story. hmmmm, maybe pram will pay shipping for me and my family to get out there

Maybe. Just take yourself and the kids... leave the wifey for Pram.

flipper
02-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Maybe. Just take yourself and the kids... leave the wifey for Pram.

Why take the baby, Pram's good with kids?

JohnE
02-10-2009, 04:39 PM

Flights are gettin' cheaper.....It is a good time.

trickskier
02-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Rick

Jim@BAWS

When is it???

Jim@BAWS
02-16-2009, 09:30 PM
When is it???

http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/

trickskier
02-16-2009, 09:31 PM
http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/

Thanks! :D I'll call you if I can make it!