PDA

View Full Version : It's Time!

coz
03-24-2008, 11:08 AM
We brought these troops home and get this country back on track. :mad:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20080324/capt.cps.mse72.240308164242.photo02.photo.default-512x349.jpg

ShamrockIV
03-24-2008, 11:55 AM
well coz i will send you some pic when i get back over there.
i hope u vote cause if u do not u can't complain but untill u picked up a rifle and seen the $hithole these people live in all u are doing is complaining. leaving now will disgrace all of my fellow soldiers that died doing their mission.
see you guys on the high ground!!

Shamrock IV OUT

92 190 PS
03-24-2008, 12:17 PM
COZ......Please don't let the media bias your perception of this war. One lost soldier is too many don't get me wrong, but keep in mind this is a war. The losses we've seen in this war don't come close to comparing to the losses we see in homicides on the streets of this country every day. A couple major metropolitan areas homicides in one year would exceed the number of troops we've lost in this entire war.

Again, one is too many, but don't lose sight of the great work the best of our society are doing every day to help the people of Iraq get back on their feet. Don't let the media bias your perception....We've made great progress, especially this year in Iraq and we need to finish the job. My 2 cents.......

Check out this website for some alternative news you won't see on CNN or any of the national news headlines today....

http://goodnewsiraq.com/index2.htm

coz
03-24-2008, 12:19 PM
i hope u vote cause if u do not u can't complain but untill u picked up a rifle and seen the $hithole these people live in all u are doing is complaining. leaving now will disgrace all of my fellow soldiers that died doing their mission.

Shamrock IV OUT

I'm sorry you'll have to return, I'm a US Army vet my man! I'm on your side. I personally think it's a fruitless battle that we can't get out of because of what you said about disgrace. I also think these 3-4 tours of combat duty is a shame and I feel for the troops that are obligated to go to war. This conflict is costing us BILLIONS of dollars and loss of American life to try to bring order to a region that's been in conflicts for centuries. We will never change these peoples beliefs or there feelings towards America, it's just going to create more hate.

TX.X-30 fan
03-24-2008, 12:21 PM

Shamrock IV OUT

Well said, and thank you for keeping us safe and free!!!

92 190 PS
03-24-2008, 12:25 PM
COZ...Thanks for your service and by all means I understand where your coming from. Just pi$$es me off all we'll hear for the next week is 4000 troops killed.....

Where has all the media coverage been the last 12 months on the progress and milestones we're making over there?

Again, thanks for your service.

wakeX2wake
03-24-2008, 12:35 PM

Shamrock IV OUT

first off... THANK YOU SIR!!!

second off... U DA MAN

i think people are having a harder time realizing that in modern war the lines of beginning and ending are becoming harder and harder to define... the enemy our country is up against is nearly impossible to exactly define... we have to realize that if we were to "cut our losses" at this point it would mean that all those men, women, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, husbands, and wives left their loved ones for nothing... the part of this war that requires the greatest amount of longevity is what will keep this country on the map... we are not conquerors... that would be much easier... instead we are liberators more interested in growing democracy and letting the governments of the countries we leave behind make decisions for themselves in the best interest of the people they represent and not our own

again COZ and Shamrock thank you for your service

coz
03-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Don't get me wrong, I truly believe we needed to liberate Kuwait and then go into Iraq to get rid of the tyrant, so we went in and cleaned house now it's up to them to keep it clean and this is were the problem lies, they can't because some want change and others don't. I know we've made progress over there but it just seem to be 1 step foward 3 steps back. What's it gonna take 1-3-5 more years? to get it the way we want it?

kjohnson
03-24-2008, 01:15 PM
My hat is off to anyone, in any branch of the military, that serves in any war. I have never served but I know about some of the condions that our troops have to endure. Next time you are driving down the street, imagine what would happen to you, if you drove over a land mine. Next time you walk around the corner of a building, imagine someone shooting at you for the sole pupose of killing you - not just wounding you. Imagine never knowing when someone is going to shoot you in the back. Imagine being kidnapped and tortured. Imagine eating an MRE instead of your favorite pizza. Imagine sleeping on hard ground while we are in our warm beds. Imagine not seeing your family for years at a time. Imagine your child being born and you don't get to see him or her for months or years. I'll stop now.