PDA

View Full Version : 1974 Mastercraft?? in need of TLC

DZ011
03-24-2008, 05:52 AM
Hello all,
I just traded my sportbike for a '74 mastercraft,...So it says on the boat and the notarized bill of sale.
What I am having a hard time with is that it does not look like any of the Mastercrafts that I have seen on here or ANYWHERE!!:confused:
The sides are rounded at the top when they get to the stern.

How many different models did they make in '74? All i've seen is the S&S.
Don't know if this will help decipher anything but the HIN is WA4138RG.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me figure out just what I got, as I would like to restore it to originality if I can.;)

PS is there any place I can look for more codes/numbers?

TMCNo1
03-24-2008, 06:25 AM
Hello all,
I just traded my sportbike for a '74 mastercraft,...So it says on the boat and the notarized bill of sale.
What I am having a hard time with is that it does not look like any of the Mastercrafts that I have seen on here or ANYWHERE!!:confused:
The sides are rounded at the top when they get to the stern.

How many different models did they make in '74? All i've seen is the S&S.
Don't know if this will help decipher anything but the HIN is WA4138RG.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me figure out just what I got, as I would like to restore it to originality if I can.;)

PS is there any place I can look for more codes/numbers?

IIRC, there was just one hull in 1974. You need to post some pics, this could get interesting. The HIN doesn't look like a Mastercraft #! A friend of ours in CT has a '72 and the HIN # starts with MC*****. That number looks like a Washington state registration number instead and should be on both sides of the bow, right? The HIN is or should be on the starboard side if the transom just under the rub rail, on a plate or cast into the gelcoat like a label.

03 35th Anniversary
03-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Post a pic!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim@BAWS
03-24-2008, 08:17 AM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=WA4138RG&btnG=Search

Of course when you GOOGLE IT. This thread comes us

If you have the OLD registration the HULL ID # should be on there

WE NEED PHOTOS

Jim@BAWS

454Prostar190
03-24-2008, 11:07 AM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=WA4138RG&btnG=Search

Of course when you GOOGLE IT. This thread comes us

If you have the OLD registration the HULL ID # should be on there

WE NEED PHOTOS

Jim@BAWS

This is what a buddy of mine calls "circular logic" :rolleyes:

By the way Jim,
I'm trying to find the time to get my boat apart and will be in touch when I do. Thanks, Rick

DZ011
03-24-2008, 03:53 PM
OK, I drug my self out to the yard & found the
HIN3; MCP 00973-1073
It certainly says Mastercraft on the tag.

working on the pics,.. ALAS, Mates I have a broken femur and it takes my mechanical legs awhile to do the walking. har-har.:)

TMCNo1
03-24-2008, 07:57 PM
OK, I drug my self out to the yard & found the
HIN3; MCP 00973-1073
It certainly says Mastercraft on the tag.

working on the pics,.. ALAS, Mates I have a broken femur and it takes my mechanical legs awhile to do the walking. har-har.:)

Now we're getting somewhere and the pics will help to explain the rounded transom corners you refer to.

DZ011
03-25-2008, 11:09 PM
I still haven't figured out how upload photo's from camera to computer, yet here are the ones from the ad I bought it from.

Any help deciphering wht this is is greatly appreciated.

I got this because I know that this next year rehabing a broken femur I can do a lot of standing/sitting there type of work.
That said, it's a Mastercraft, and I was hoping to lean on this site for info and direction. IF it is not a MC,...???
Thanks again,
Dan

coz
03-25-2008, 11:14 PM
I still haven't figured out how upload photo's from camera to computer, yet here are the ones from the ad I bought it from.

I got this because I know that this next year rehabing a broken femur I can do a lot of standing/sitting there type of work.
That said, it's a Mastercraft, and I was hoping to lean on this site for info and direction. IF it is not a MC,...???
Thanks again,
Dan

Looks like a fun rehab project, good luck. :D

ski_king
03-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Sorry, but I don't think that is a 74 MasterCraft.
Interesting boat though...

Monte
03-25-2008, 11:18 PM

Thanks again,
Dan

That is an odd looking bird you have there.. I've never seen one like it either

ski_king
03-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Here is a link to a thread with a 73.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=21568&highlight=1974

From what I remember, the 74's looked the same.

TMCNo1
03-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Guys, looks like we've been had! Another troll on the loose, I'm outta this Bull Ship, BYE!

TMCNo1
03-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Sodar, you might want to check out the IP address and see what comes up!

Jim@BAWS
03-26-2008, 08:03 AM

Thanks again,
Dan

I'll be the first...that is not a MASTERCRAFT at least the MasterCrafts we all know and love. You need to do something quick

Jim@BAWS

BrandonKTM
03-26-2008, 10:39 AM
I will buy it for 10k, when I send you the check, you then send me a check for the extra 2k, to pay for the shipping, then I will refund you the 2k, then you put 2k in cash under the seat, then i will mail that back to you when I get it. My address is: One Lump Em, Nigeria, 14theShow, Africa.

ski_king
03-26-2008, 11:00 AM
I know the boat isn't a MasterCraft and this may all be a hoax, but I am curious what the H%#L this is.

To me it looks like a 50's vintage wooden inboard, with a updated windshield and engine cover.

I have only seen that shape of transom on wooden boats.

wakeX2wake
03-26-2008, 11:05 AM
there's no way that's an MC... it looks like someone's garage project in which they may have used MC parts (engine, motor box,etc) but that hull looks like someone got crazy w/ some fiberglass and resin one weekend... on second thought it could be a destroyed MC someone tried to put back together w/o creative restrain

Jim@BAWS
03-26-2008, 11:16 AM
The stern looks like an Old Chris Craft

ELITE Craft does make a UNIQUE looking boat that looks like
that one

I wonder if the NEW owner will return?

Jim@BAWS

D3skier
03-26-2008, 11:49 AM
that's funny I don't see any anywhere on the pics where it says Mastercraft on the boat

DZ011
03-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey guys, yeah, this is the 'new' owner.
Being as it is sitting in my back yard, it is not a hoax. but thanks anyway.

Honestly, I was looking for a little more support, but whatever.

Near as I can figure out by spending hours on various search engines and the hin# MCP 00973-1073
MCP= Master Craft Plastics and comes up as a 'Maine Cat' company
The USCG tag states Mastercraft built in Sacramento, CA.

boat is definately fiberglass w/ hull being in decent shape
It does have the "Mastercraft" down each side of the hull, but some idiot rattle canned the whole boat blue.
Also has a Chev mill. Velvet drive.

Dan

wakeX2wake
03-26-2008, 12:32 PM
that's crazy... was the boat involved in some type of wreck? then they went crazy w/ the fiberglass?... the older MC had "boxy" transoms

ski_king
03-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Well, if the boat is in your back yard, get us some more pictures, we will help you figure out what it is.
How about on of the HIN and the USCG plate.
Engine, interior, etc.

ShamrockIV
03-26-2008, 12:58 PM
bro this is the mastercraft mecca. that is not a a 74 MC. as u stated that boat says made in ca. mc are and always have been made in TN.

Sodar
03-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Sodar, you might want to check out the IP address and see what comes up!

He is legit!

ttu
03-26-2008, 01:11 PM
He is legit!

cameron, am i?:cool:

Sodar
03-26-2008, 01:13 PM
cameron, am i?:cool:

As far as I can see! :rolleyes:

Jim@BAWS
03-26-2008, 01:24 PM
2 LEGIT...
2 LEGIT 2 QUIT
2 LEGIT...
2 LEGIT 2 QUIT

Isn't that how it goes !!!

Jim@BAWS

Monte
03-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Hey guys, yeah, this is the 'new' owner.
Being as it is sitting in my back yard, it is not a hoax. but thanks anyway.

Honestly, I was looking for a little more support, but whatever.

Near as I can figure out by spending hours on various search engines and the hin# MCP 00973-1073
MCP= Master Craft Plastics and comes up as a 'Maine Cat' company
The USCG tag states Mastercraft built in Sacramento, CA.

boat is definately fiberglass w/ hull being in decent shape
It does have the "Mastercraft" down each side of the hull, but some idiot rattle canned the whole boat blue.
Also has a Chev mill. Velvet drive.

Dan

We'll be glad to help Dan, Right now you have some of the most die hard/ knowledgable MC owners in the world telling you that the boat doesn't look like an MC. Maybe it is some kind of prototype or somebody did some way over the top fiberglass alterations to it. I agree with several others. It looks like an old wooden boat. That is never a bad thing.. But if you see fiberglass it must be. Post some more pics of it when you get a chance.

I would be very cautious of a boat that had been rattle canned. It could be hotter than a $2 pistol. Anyway there is a lot of good info on this site. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of your mystery..

SunCoast 83
03-27-2008, 01:46 AM
I know the boat isn't a MasterCraft and this may all be a hoax, but I am curious what the H%#L this is.

To me it looks like a 50's vintage wooden inboard, with a updated windshield and engine cover.

I have only seen that shape of transom on wooden boats.

Yeah,...a engine cover from an 1984 American Skier, or something. What the hell is that thing?

Chas
03-27-2008, 06:46 AM
As an old boat owner/collector, I would say this - if the hull is fiberglass and not glass over plywood, and if you can get it running to your satisfaction, I say go with it. Ski behind the thing once your recoup is complete, and have a blast. But be careful about the amount of money you invest into this project: if this turns out to be somebody's homebuilt project with a 'transplanted' HIN, it will be worth more to you than a buyer if you spend a load of cash to fix it up.

That's not a bad thing if you set and keep to a budget you can live with - many of us have more into our boats than we could easily recover. But we wouldn't have it any other way, and generally speaking MC boats tend to hold high resale value compared to other brands.

Having said that, I have seen plenty of homebuilt boats which were made from plywood (stitch and glue or even full stringer techniques) which used a donor boat or two for the power, steering and other parts. In fact, some were just about all the parts off a damaged f'glass boat with a new hull built by the owner. Transferring over the HIN was the easiest way to get the license.

thijs
03-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Was Malibu around back then? Maybe this is the original MAlibu 'Concept' type boat like their Corvette 'bu............................;)

WilliM1940
03-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Looks very similar to Correct Craft atom Skier, many were fiberglassed over, but it was not a good fix for deteriorating plywood.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2230&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1925&yrend=2009

DZ011
03-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Hin# MCP 00973-1073
MCP= Maine Cat (a shipbuilding company in the Northeast)
00973= (my guess) the hull number built from this facility
1073= (my guess) the month/year of build

Unless Mastercraft has some affiliation with Maine Cat, I seriously doubt this Mastercraft had anything to do with Mastercraft.
I wonder if Maine Cat was building this not knowing of Mastercraft until after it was built?
Feel free to enter your two cents worth or more.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you guys don't want me to use this site as a resource while restoring this vessel, I understand.
Thanks, Dan.

TMCNo1
03-27-2008, 02:28 PM
When is a '74 MasterCraft, a '74 MasterCraft and when is a roll of Duct Tape, a roll of Duck Tape?

bkhallpass
03-27-2008, 06:56 PM
I am fairly sure that the hull is a Keaton, and in particular the model is a "classic" which Jack Keaton made in Sacramento California from 1959 to 1972. The year, and HIN number have me puzzled, however. I have read that Jack sold the mold to his original classic, and that someone else made the hull for a few years. So I suppose its possible this is a Keaton hull made by somebody else. Keaton redesigned his boats, and began to make mostly jet drives after 72. Also, Keaton used to sell raw hulls, and the buyer would put in their own engines and components (I've read over 1/2 were sold that way) further leading me to believe this is a Keaton hull.

There is a Keaton owners site if you do a search, and Jack Keaton is still kicking as well. I'm sure if you sent a photo they could probably confirm.

BKH

coz
03-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Here's a Keaton on craigslist http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/613723586.html

http://images.craigslist.org/01040601030101160420080321c669b6994c2d34e267001065 .jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/01020501030401160520080321619af504b41f8c428d000b68 .jpg

coz
03-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Here's the website http://www.keatonboat.com/

ski_king
03-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I am fairly sure that the hull is a Keaton, and in particular the model is a "classic" which Jack Keaton made in Sacramento California from 1959 to 1972. The year, and HIN number have me puzzled, however. I have read that Jack sold the mold to his original classic, and that someone else made the hull for a few years. So I suppose its possible this is a Keaton hull made by somebody else. Keaton redesigned his boats, and began to make mostly jet drives after 72. Also, Keaton used to sell raw hulls, and the buyer would put in their own engines and components (I've read over 1/2 were sold that way) further leading me to believe this is a Keaton hull.

There is a Keaton owners site if you do a search, and Jack Keaton is still kicking as well. I'm sure if you sent a photo they could probably confirm.

BKH

Yeah,...a engine cover from an 1984 American Skier, or something. What the hell is that thing?

I think this one is almost solved.
An born again Keaton with Amarican Skier motor cover and other donor windshield.
Only thing that seems wrong is all the Keatons I have seen photos of have left hand drive, this one shows the steering wheel on the right. Would whoever rebuilt it gone to that much trouble?

ProTour X9
03-27-2008, 08:42 PM
So it has a MC sticker on it......thats no more of an MC than this is8p 8p

Lennyp04
03-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Hin# MCP 00973-1073
MCP= Maine Cat (a shipbuilding company in the Northeast)
00973= (my guess) the hull number built from this facility
1073= (my guess) the month/year of build

Unless Mastercraft has some affiliation with Maine Cat, I seriously doubt this Mastercraft had anything to do with Mastercraft.
I wonder if Maine Cat was building this not knowing of Mastercraft until after it was built?
Feel free to enter your two cents worth or more.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you guys don't want me to use this site as a resource while restoring this vessel, I understand.
Thanks, Dan.

Hey man, its cool by me if you use this site. Who knows you may even update that sweet find to an MC someday. But by me you have my interest. Lets see some referb!

DZ011
03-27-2008, 09:06 PM
That is definately the same hull design.
By reading the history of Keaton on that website, He apparently sold his mold for this design in 1972.
From there the mold has changed owners???

Steering on the righthand side must have come about by the builder at that time, as there are no other cutouts in dash.

Still, however says "Mastercraft" on title.

BKH==Thank you for the time to recognise my boat!

Dan.

DZ011
03-27-2008, 09:10 PM
PS. builder of boat as stated on USCG stamped tin

Mastercraft Plastic Corp.
2850 47th Ave
Sacramento CA 95823

This address is different than Keaton's

bkhallpass
03-27-2008, 09:26 PM
See this article for an explanation of your HIN number.

As I read it, you hull was manufactured by MCP, whoever that might have been. "00973" is the serial number of your boat. "1073" is the date of certification, October 1973.

Ski King is right, every Keaton I've ever seen had a left hand drive. However, it seems this is a Keaton mold produced by someone else, so perhaps they moved to the right side.

Hope this has been helpful to you.

BKH

bkhallpass
03-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Sorry, here is the article for the HIN explanation:

http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.html

BKH

coz
03-27-2008, 09:58 PM
That is definately the same hull design.
By reading the history of Keaton on that website, He apparently sold his mold for this design in 1972.
From there the mold has changed owners???

Steering on the righthand side must have come about by the builder at that time, as there are no other cutouts in dash.

Still, however says "Mastercraft" on title.

BKH==Thank you for the time to recognise my boat!

Dan.

See eventhough it turns out to be another make I hope with the help these great MC owners put out gives you the impression of not only the quality of MC's but also the quality of the people that own them and the respect they have towards other boaters. You aint gonna find this from the Bu hu's or the CC's. Good luck with your restoration and keep us posted. :D

Lennyp04
03-27-2008, 09:59 PM
See eventhough it turns out to be another make I hope with the help these great MC owners put out gives you the impression of not only the quality of MC's but also the quality of the people that own them and the respect they have towards other boaters. You aint gonna find this from the Bu hu's or the CC's. Good luck with your restoration and keep us posted. :D

Agreed 100%. Please do keep us updated with pics and everything of the restore!

Chas
03-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Agreed 100%. Please do keep us updated with pics and everything of the restore!

Ditto!

:cool:

bkhallpass
03-27-2008, 10:13 PM

:D Excuse my laughter Coz as I actually own not one but two boats made by one of the other manufacturers you mention (starts with C).

I think the point is that the comp boat community as a whole is a pretty good one. Lots of good people. You guys (and gals) here on the MC site like your MCs and have a good group of people. But in the end, everyone's out for the same thing - enjoy your boat, enjoy the water, enjoy time with your family in friends - regardless of what make that might be.

BKH

Lennyp04
03-27-2008, 10:17 PM
:D Excuse my laughter Coz as I actually own not one but two boats made by one of the other manufacturers you mention (starts with C).

I think the point is that the comp boat community as a whole is a pretty good one. Lots of good people. You guys (and gals) here on the MC site like your MCs and have a good group of people. But in the end, everyone's out for the same thing - enjoy your boat, enjoy the water, enjoy time with your family in friends - regardless of what make that might be.
BKH

Amen brother!

Enojy what you have and what you love!

coz
03-27-2008, 10:33 PM

BKH

I jest my friend. I actually like both those makes but I own the best. :D
Have fun and see ya on the water. :wavey:

peason
03-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Learned something new today! The insite and knowledge of others on this site is great. Thanks.

TMCNo1
03-28-2008, 06:28 AM
FYI, somewhere in my files, I have copies of the info, brochures on wooden Mastercraft Boats that were being built in the '30's and '40's that was sent to me by Duke Waldrop. They were built long before the MasterCraft of today was started by Rob Shirley and they had stopped production many years before Rob started building boats. Duke is now a Regional rep. for SkiSafe Insurance and was the former head of AWSA, and head of the Racing Operations for Johnson/Evinrude when they raced in the APBA Horsepower Tunnel Hull Divisions. He restores, uses and shows antique boats now. He knows his antique boat stuff.
I'll try to find those copies and get them posted somehow, someway!
Fellow TT member kas has a set of these copies I sent to him and if I can't find mine, I'll get him to sende me a copy of his set.

keatonboat1
03-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Guys, the MIC of MCP - which if you look in the MIC db and noted earlier is assigned to Maine Cat, was previously assigned to Mastercraft Plastics Corp which went out of business in 1982. I'm going to take a wild (maybe not so wild) stab at this and say that this is another one of those deals where somebody splashed a hull from the Keaton mold after the mold was sold. Also, I know that at least at one time somebody splashed a hull made from a mold made from a Keaton hull. There are a few of these Keaton-designed hulls made after 1972 still around. Some are being advertised as "Keatons" and others, perhaps like this one, are not. Now MCP may have been a business name of the person/company who splashed the hull and maybe even did the integration of the engine, etc. but they may have just sold a hull to someone who did the rest. Maybe the original fiberglass engine cover disappeared and they pulled one out of another boat and maybe they already had a right hand drive helm, etc. Hard to say with these boats.

Anyways, I'm doing some more checking on the Mastercraft Plastics tie in to the Keaton hull and I'll let Dan know what I find out.

Mark
www.keatonboat.com

JohnnyB
03-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Interesting thread....looking forward to finding out more about the history of the boat.

Also, post more pics....many folks here have done restores and can give you some up front advice as to what its going to take, the possible pitfalls and the possible costs.....

M-Funf
03-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Researching unknown boats is an extremely difficult task, especially if the company changed hands a few times, or if they flipped the mold to other companies.

I've done this type of research several times and can tell you that I've earned grey hair from it. The project I have now is from a company that went out of business when "plastic" boats started being made. They lost all their records in a fire at the factory as well, so there is almost NOTHING to go by.

If you got the HIN off the hull, and not off the title, you've got a good start. Who cares if it's not a MC (flame suit on). It could still be a nice looking, good running boat.

But, as others have said, it's good to know what the value might be before you put a bunch of $$ and labor into it.

DZ011
03-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey guys,

I honestly thought I was simply getting an old MC tourny boat.

GO FIGURE!

coz
03-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Guys, the MIC of MCP - which if you look in the MIC db and noted earlier is assigned to Maine Cat, was previously assigned to Mastercraft Plastics Corp which went out of business in 1982. I'm going to take a wild (maybe not so wild) stab at this and say that this is another one of those deals where somebody splashed a hull from the Keaton mold after the mold was sold. Also, I know that at least at one time somebody splashed a hull made from a mold made from a Keaton hull. There are a few of these Keaton-designed hulls made after 1972 still around. Some are being advertised as "Keatons" and others, perhaps like this one, are not. Now MCP may have been a business name of the person/company who splashed the hull and maybe even did the integration of the engine, etc. but they may have just sold a hull to someone who did the rest. Maybe the original fiberglass engine cover disappeared and they pulled one out of another boat and maybe they already had a right hand drive helm, etc. Hard to say with these boats.

Anyways, I'm doing some more checking on the Mastercraft Plastics tie in to the Keaton hull and I'll let Dan know what I find out.

Mark
www.keatonboat.com

This is cool :D

Hey guys,

I honestly thought I was simply getting an old MC tourny boat.

GO FIGURE!

From the looks of the website and you were pumped to do a restore there's potential in that little boat. Fix it up sell it and find another :confused: MC to restore, they are out there. :D

Aric'sX15
03-28-2008, 09:48 PM
See even though it turns out to be another make I hope with the help these great MC owners put out gives you the impression of not only the quality of MC's but also the quality of the people that own them and the respect they have towards other boaters]. You aint gonna find this from the Bu hu's or the CC's. Good luck with your restoration and keep us posted. :D

HAHAH! so i made a profile on the tmc (themalibucrew) and told them that one of the waterski america dudes was annoying, an i got chewed from end to end, and got booted! hahahahahahaha (not to thread jack)

keatonboat1
03-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Based on what I've been told these were quite the boat to have back in the day around the local Bay Area and Sacramento area clubs

Mark
www.keatonboat.com

ski_king
03-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Cool looking old boats!
I would love to see a restored one up close.
I wonder how they handle and what type of wake.

DZ011
03-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Well, I happen to have a host of Q's on which way to proceed with this "whatchamacallit"

I'm gonna go Chev. Big block vs Small block.
I'm not going for allout speed, yet I love Torque.:D

125lbs different is what I have read.

Are there different bellhousings available for the Velvet drive?

Do the motors on these old boats rotate the same as auto's?

How much Torque can the Velvet handle? (will send to rebuild)

==> What are the "drivability" issues between BB/SB?

Not looking to spend unlimited funds but a guys gotta have fun.;)

Thanks, DZ011

keatonboat1
03-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Ok. I've got the lowdown on Master Craft Plastics Corp. This was the company that bought the Keaton Utility molds from Keaton. The guy's name was Ted Horning. There were only a few boats made of which this boat would be one. One of them burned to the waterline the first time out.

So, this is a Keaton hull, but is not a Keaton made boat. It's a Master Craft Plastics boat made from the Keaton designed mold. Whomever did the windshield, right hand drive, etc. is anyone's guess.

Mark
www.keatonboat.com

Chas
03-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Ok. I've got the lowdown

Isn't the Internet amazing? I am convinced that I will never commit a crime - there is just no place to hide anymore.

I would base the BB/SB decision upon your budget and what you find available. I did a Radon 24x8 work boat w/ forward cabin and Direct Drive - very marine - and I put in a Chrysler 440 because I got a deal on it and because I had a transmission on hand with the adapter plate set up for Chrysler. It turned out that the ID was all wrong, and it was a 340. It still worked great, so I didn't care at that point. The VD in that boat bolted right up. Closed cooling came on the engine I bought, it had low hours, and as far as I know it's still out there running somewhere in the Santa Barbara area.

coz
03-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Ok. I've got the lowdown on Master Craft Plastics Corp. This was the company that bought the Keaton Utility molds from Keaton. The guy's name was Ted Horning. There were only a few boats made of which this boat would be one. One of them burned to the waterline the first time out.

So, this is a Keaton hull, but is not a Keaton made boat. It's a Master Craft Plastics boat made from the Keaton designed mold. Whomever did the windshield, right hand drive, etc. is anyone's guess.

Mark
www.keatonboat.com

It's mother has been found :woohoo: nice job Mark :D

DZ011
03-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Thank you guys,
I really appreciate the time everyone took to read and help me figure this out!:toast:

Special thanks to BKH and Keatonboat1.:friday:

AND to Teamtalk!:worthy:

I'm just a smalltown workin' bloke who likes to "behave" on water.
.;)
This is a cool site!
Dan.