PDA

View Full Version : Time to buy? Considering new '07 X-2

edeckerpc
03-22-2008, 04:59 PM
I live in Georgia by Lake Lanier and we have full access to an unoccupied family lake house on Lake Hartwell (has covered dock on deep water). There is a great local dealership that seems to have a decent deal on a new 07 X-2. Each year my wife and I agonize over whether or not to buy a boat... I need a push I guess becaus my wife is all in. I'm the one that is concerned about cost, maintenance, etc. We love lake life... and other peoples boats :rolleyes:

With the economy tanking and the price of gas soaring, I was thinking this could definitely be the year to score a good deal and start our boating lives.

Here is the potential deal - 59.5K and a 10K rebate check after owning the boat for 36mo. Good or no? It's a slider that is pro tour red and white. Very nice looking boat. Includes:

RTP VRS
Boat Cover w/Twr - black
Black bimini cover for tower
Tower mirror attachment
Tower speakers w/light - 2 spearker /2 fwd lights
Depth finder

-Eric

JKTX21
03-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Sounds like a good deal. You may want to search for posts on the "rebate" and the hoops you have to jump through in order to get it paid. Others people's boats are the best!

TheOneandOnly
03-22-2008, 05:23 PM
edeckerpc sent email...

dmayer84
03-22-2008, 05:27 PM
another email sent

Aric'sX15
03-22-2008, 05:27 PM
I live in Georgia by Lake Lanier and we have full access to an unoccupied family lake house on Lake Hartwell (has covered dock on deep water). There is a great local dealership that seems to have a decent deal on a new 07 X-2. Each year my wife and I agonize over whether or not to buy a boat... I need a push I guess becaus my wife is all in. I'm the one that is concerned about cost, maintenance, etc. We love lake life... and other peoples boats :rolleyes:

With the economy tanking and the price of gas soaring, I was thinking this could definitely be the year to score a good deal and start our boating lives.

Here is the potential deal - 59.5K and a 10K rebate check after owning the boat for 36mo. Good or no? It's a slider that is pro tour red and white. Very nice looking boat. Includes:

RTP VRS
Boat Cover w/Twr - black
Black bimini cover for tower
Tower mirror attachment
Tower speakers w/light - 2 spearker /2 fwd lights
Depth finder

-Eric

Be really careful on the 10 G's back, do one thing wrong and i am sure you wont be 10,000 richer. Sounds like a nice boat, Any pictures?

jkski
03-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Does the boat come with a single or dual axle MC trailer?
It certainly sounds like a good idea, however, as others have pointed out be sure to read-up on the rebate......some love it while others do not.
As far as the boat itself...it's one of MC's best selling models and there is a reason why....it's a great all around boat.
Good luck.

Jim@BAWS
03-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I see that you are in the SE. If I can be of help please let me know

Jim@BAWS

www.bayareawatersports.com

(813) 996 92297

SDAhockey21
03-22-2008, 11:05 PM
PM Sent........

Maristar210
03-23-2008, 12:31 AM
I see that you are in the SE. If I can be of help please let me know

Jim@BAWS

www.bayareawatersports.com

(813) 996 92297

Territory????

marty5
03-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Since I just went through the same thing with a similar thought process I figured I would share my experience...#1 be wary of the rebate, it might happen but any rebate based completely on relying that most people will never claim it is crazy, also one of your original arguements was the economy is tanking...so what gives you the opinion that the company giving the rebates will even still be in business 3 years from now? I was offered the same thing, but took the $ now off of the sales price...think of it this way $1.5K now v. $10K maybe later, add interest over the 3 years the difference is only about 8K. I originally was sold on getting an X2 as well, but got suckered in when comparing it to an XStar...with the good deals out there right now I ended up with a new loaded '07 MCX XStar for not much more than what the X2 price is(I assume the X2 is fully loaded). I would believe you could do about $5K better than the price quoted to you..I would suggest making some calls to various dealerships, but in summary, if you can truly afford it, make the best deal you can & buy a boat & have a great summer on the lake!

JohnE
03-23-2008, 11:43 AM
You might ask for some opinions on the RTP vs. the MCX. Personally, I wouldn't buy a prostar with the RTP. I don't know how it performs on the X2.

SchuyHigh
03-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Regarding your reference to the economy... The only thing wrong with the economy is CNN & MSNBC. If you come home each day and do not turn on the news then all is well. If you haven't gone out here and bought a home you can not afford then all is well. If you have a good job and can afford the boat then don't sweat it! And YES, fuel prices stink, but if you can't put gas in it you should't own it.
I just purchased my first NEW boat, fourth overall. It was a tough call to spend that much money on a toy. But if it is what you and your family enjoy together and you are commited to that...then jump in and good luck!
I will add that I have owned two MC and two "others". Pay the extra for a better boat!

03 35th Anniversary
03-23-2008, 12:36 PM
You might ask for some opinions on the RTP vs. the MCX. Personally, I wouldn't buy a prostar with the RTP. I don't know how it performs on the X2.Same here, I know when I was boat hunting that was one of the first round cuts, when it had the RTP 310hp.

dmayer84
03-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Same here, I know when I was boat hunting that was one of the first round cuts, when it had the RTP 310hp.

My next boat will have nothing less than the mcx. Just hate waiting to get up to speed with the rtp.

Lennyp04
03-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Dave,

The rtp in the X-1 does a nice job of gettin it up to speed fast....just wait til this summer I'll take you for a ride.

Then again the X-1 only weighs 3200 lbs!

03 35th Anniversary
03-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Dave,

The rtp in the X-1 does a nice job of gettin it up to speed fast....just wait til this summer I'll take you for a ride.

Then again the X-1 only weighs 3200 lbs!I didn't like it in an X-7 that weighs 2800lbs.

Lennyp04
03-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Really,

For some reason our X-1 just jumps outta the water. We've never had a problem with throwing the hammer down and having a slow go.

mccobmd
03-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Have to agree with Lenny, my X1 does great with the RTP but then again as you get older speed kills and injures more.

sand2snow22
03-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Do you guys have the wakeboard prop? Seems to jump out of the hole with that prop, but you lose a little top end. We have the MCX in our 05 X2 and it screams even with the stock 13X17 prop. We are very fortunate and purchased another 05 X2 with the MCX for our lake cabin, it has the wakeboard prop. I can't wait to get behind it. I have a feeling it will pull my 240 lb cousin (on a ski) out to the water like a little girl!

JohnE
03-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Really,

For some reason our X-1 just jumps outta the water. We've never had a problem with throwing the hammer down and having a slow go.

No disrespect intended, but compared to what??

edeckerpc
03-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I appreciate all of the responses, PM's and emails. I think we're going to shop around a little more, but definitely get a boat this year!

I think we can probably get a better deal and will likely go to the MCX engine at minimum. The nice weather this weekend has me itching to get on the lake.

TheOneandOnly
03-23-2008, 08:46 PM
One thing I will say is this isnt the time to get the best deal since spring is right around the corner. Summer will only be worst since dealers will have a demand. If you want to get your best deal wait till fall/early winter however then you wont be able to ride all summer... Thats what we did for our 08-x2 (two weeks till delivery), its been a long year let me tell ya...