PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurf board: How to carry?

boofer
03-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Hello. Santa got us a wakesurf board for Christmas. I was just curious how others carry their boards on their boats. We have a 2005 X-2. If it matters, we have a Inland Surfer Blue Lake.

I have run across racks similar to wakeboard racks that attach to the side of the tower. I am not real comfortable with these for fear that at 40mph the board is like a large sail. I have seen boards on top (or just below) the top of the tower. I am not having any luck finding any sort of rack for this configuration. Although we do not currently have tower speakers, we are contemplating them for the future. So, please consider this aspect.

I am entertaining all suggestions.

point1234
03-22-2008, 03:57 PM
I put mine under my arm and that seems to work.

just kidding

I have an 06 x1 and use a hyperlyte broadcast and it fits in my rack just fine but I also dont have the spinning board racks just have the bungie board racks. That is one of the reasons that I bought that kind of board. I do know that they make actual wakesurf board racks that are wider forks to fit a wakesurfer.

fintek9
03-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Easy....Wakeboards are under the wakeskate and the surfboard! Extended the cored strap to hold the surfboard. And have since added (2) 8" tower speakers to go with the (2) 6 1/2s so no problem involving the tower speaker issue.

sand2snow22
03-22-2008, 04:11 PM
I have a blue lake and a 2005 X2 and put it in the MC racks. There is a certain way to put them in without them sliding around and acting like a sail. 40 MPH? Are you footing? No problem at wakeboarding and wakeskiing speeds. Unless you have a little head wind. Put them in the racks so the fins are more towards the bow. Here is a pic with the yellow loogey, the fins and kickpad are towards the bow:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/bryanmclean18/DSC02149-1.jpg

TOO-TALL
03-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I bought a wakeboard rack off ebay 110.00.I'm going to try it.Might half to exstend the bungee cords aliitle we'll see.

boofer
03-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Tim, you have a nice setup, but I will give you one guess what I noticed first.;) Where can I get one of those to?

The 40mph thing was a little excessive. I guess it should be more like 30mph for getting to and from spots.

I have not had the chance to see if the board fits in the standard racks but sand2snow22 appears to have answered my question without trying.

I guess that my biggest concern was that the board is larger than wakeboards and I do not want to see it come off and cause injury or damage.

Thanks for all the help and more advice is welcome. Just a few more weeks and hopefully we will be out for a ride. They are predicting snow this Monday and 70's by Thursday; geeze.

fintek9
03-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Mine seems to fit just fine! True the surf is bigger but in my rack it's a nice snug fit. No movement at all and I will travel down the road w/ it like that.

As for those towels you noticed, You can find them at any Meijers ;):uglyhamme

sand2snow22
03-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I guess that my biggest concern was that the board is larger than wakeboards and I do not want to see it come off and cause injury or damage.

They can if you forget to clamp them down :o

sand2snow22
03-22-2008, 10:34 PM
As for those towels you noticed, You can find them at any Meijers ;):uglyhamme

I thought you guys were talking about the tower speakers. Nice looking water, too!!

TOO-TALL
03-22-2008, 10:38 PM
I thought you guys were talking about the tower speakers. Nice looking water, too!!

There's speakers and water in that picture???....:D :D :D :D

fintek9
03-22-2008, 11:11 PM
the chity thing about that Saturday morning was we got out there( about 8:30) just getting ready for some boarden and 4 jet skis and a tubing boat come out from the same house and that glass water that you see there!!!!!........WAS GONE IN A HEART BEAT!!!!!!!!! *issed us off big time

sand2snow22
03-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Yeah, that should be illegal!! Tubers and jet skiers can ruin our water at night, but not usually in the morning. They do make laws on lakes for those kind of things, but mostly to appease fishermend :rolleyes:

CHaus21
03-24-2008, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE=sand2snow22]I have a blue lake and a 2005 X2 and put it in the MC racks. There is a certain way to put them in without them sliding around and acting like a sail. 40 MPH? Are you footing? No problem at wakeboarding and wakeskiing speeds. Unless you have a little head wind. Put them in the racks so the fins are more towards the bow. Here is a pic with the yellow loogey, the fins and kickpad are towards the bow:

How the heck did you get your yellow loogey to fit in your board racks?

I have an 07.5 Yellow Loogey and an 07 X Star - I can't get it to fit in the board racks - The board is too thick!!!

sand2snow22
03-24-2008, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=sand2snow22]I have a blue lake and a 2005 X2 and put it in the MC racks. There is a certain way to put them in without them sliding around and acting like a sail. 40 MPH? Are you footing? No problem at wakeboarding and wakeskiing speeds. Unless you have a little head wind. Put them in the racks so the fins are more towards the bow. Here is a pic with the yellow loogey, the fins and kickpad are towards the bow:

How the heck did you get your yellow loogey to fit in your board racks?

I have an 07.5 Yellow Loogey and an 07 X Star - I can't get it to fit in the board racks - The board is too thick!!!

I know the 2005 clamping racks are slightly different than the 06-07-08, but it should work? I'll have look at the new ones closer!

X2M
03-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Hello. Santa got us a wakesurf board for Christmas. I was just curious how others carry their boards on their boats. We have a 2005 X-2. If it matters, we have a Inland Surfer Blue Lake.

I have run across racks similar to wakeboard racks that attach to the side of the tower. I am not real comfortable with these for fear that at 40mph the board is like a large sail. I have seen boards on top (or just below) the top of the tower. I am not having any luck finding any sort of rack for this configuration. Although we do not currently have tower speakers, we are contemplating them for the future. So, please consider this aspect.

I am entertaining all suggestions.

We have a 2005 X2 also. We installed the ski rack conversion on one side of our tower. Purchased from the dealer for around $180 I think. Very easy to install yourself.

Perfect fit for the wakesurfer and ski. Not alot of movement at higher speeds.

Hope this helps.:)

boofer
03-24-2008, 12:25 PM
X2M,

Neat. Is that basically an extension? We do on occasion need to take skis with us, and since the ski locker has a sack in it we have trouble taking the skis. I tried putting the skis in the rack but, if I recall correctly, they fit to loosely.

The weather is suppose to warm up nicely this week. I will test fit the board. I am pleased to hear that the stock racks should do fine.

Sodar
03-24-2008, 12:30 PM
I have an extra set I stripped off my boat, if you are interested...

Part Number & MSRP:

TX.X-30 fan
03-24-2008, 12:34 PM
I have an extra set I stripped off my boat, if you are interested...

Part Number & MSRP:

Damn your as bad as Erk now. 8p

mike2690
03-24-2008, 12:56 PM
just put it in the board racks...my wakesurf is 5ft 6inches and we have no problem when were going 40mph...if you go out and buy a special rack its just a waste of money, just clamp it done tight and you shouldnt have any problem