PDA

View Full Version : someone started my balast project already

wakeX2wake
03-21-2008, 11:13 PM
ok i have an 07 x2.... blahblah you can read my signature... it came from MC of the carolinas... i bought it from a guy who moved here who bought it from a guy who got it brand new got injured and had to sell (blew out a knee or something?)... anyways i'm looking at adding on some balast and he's already had it done... i would like to find the the guy who had it and ask him some questions about how it works... if anybody has any idea who's boat it is or if you had it pm me PLEASE... or i'll check this board back...

if nobody has any idea by the middle of next week i would like to have a discussion on here w/ any and all knowledgebale... thanks for the help i got my back from storage today and it took one look at the dealership to remember why i made all those payments over the winter

6ballsisall
03-22-2008, 12:33 AM
I think SteveO did some aftermarket ballast on his new X2, is that who you are referring too?

wakeX2wake
03-24-2008, 09:57 AM
i'm wanting to plumb in two fat sacs in the back of my x2... ok the way this is done is there is already a "t" in the line between the intake and the pump on all three tanks... what i'm curious about is... 1) will there be enough pressure before the pump to fill the bags?... 2) how should i vent the bags?... 3) i'm thinking that as the ballast tanks are emptying the sacs will as well as the water coming from the tanks flowing out will pull out the water from the fat sacs through the "t"

Chief
03-24-2008, 11:09 AM
i'm wanting to plumb in two fat sacs in the back of my x2... ok the way this is done is there is already a "t" in the line between the intake and the pump on all three tanks... what i'm curious about is... 1) will there be enough pressure before the pump to fill the bags?... 2) how should i vent the bags?... 3) i'm thinking that as the ballast tanks are emptying the sacs will as well as the water coming from the tanks flowing out will pull out the water from the fat sacs through the "t"

I installed some extra ballast in my boat and I filled the sacks with the overflow from the tanks. When they drained it was the opposite and the sacks always were flat as rasins.

I will see if I can find some pics to post.

Yes the bags were vented to the normal tank discharge.

Chief
03-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Another shot, one line from the overflow and the other to the discharge.

Worked like a champ.

I'm sure your boat has the timed pumps and that's another topic you will have to do research on.

wakeX2wake
03-24-2008, 11:52 AM
I installed some extra ballast in my boat and I filled the sacks with the overflow from the tanks. When they drained it was the opposite and the sacks always were flat as rasins.

I will see if I can find some pics to post.

Yes the bags were vented to the normal tank discharge.

so you filled from the overflow... and emptied through the overflows? or through the existing pumps... i'm thinking he had it set up to fill and empty through the two way pumps... did your boat come w/ the two way ballast pumps or did you have and "in" and an "out" pump per tank?

Chief
03-24-2008, 02:45 PM
so you filled from the overflow... and emptied through the overflows? or through the existing pumps... i'm thinking he had it set up to fill and empty through the two way pumps... did your boat come w/ the two way ballast pumps or did you have and "in" and an "out" pump per tank?

Fills and drains with the reversable pump. I thought for sure that the bag would not be able to drain since the tank would probably drain too quick and it would start sucking air but surprisingly it drained the sack and the tank completely.

wakeX2wake
03-24-2008, 02:52 PM
sweet i may have to give that a run... seems really the simplest way to do it

Jerseydave
03-24-2008, 08:59 PM
My buddy has an '06 X-1. He removed the stock hard tanks from the rear lockers and in their place installed (2) 500 lbs. sacs. You could even install (2) 750's if there is room, which I think there is.

One sac in the ski locker (he leaves that full all the time) and another in the walkway, great wake! :D