PDA

View Full Version : 2008 MC Ballast Upgrades....Anyone done one yet?

skeeler
03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey guys! I was planning on starting the ballast upgrade for our '08 X-Star over the weekend, and was wondering if anyone has done a Fly High System or similar upgrade to an '08. I was curious if it operates just like the '07's with the timers and so on. The only reason I ask, is I just got done reading the owner's manual and didn't really realize how involved the Vdig gauge was. (I never really played around with the gauge before.) Does it have any effect on the gauge or operation when filling the additional ballast? I wasn't sure if the gauge had any electronic bearing on the filling of the ballast or if it was just for informational purposes. If any of you have any tips or things to look out for, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

CottagerGreg
03-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Any advise would be great, I am going to be the same situation very soon.

Eagle Lake Rebel
03-21-2008, 09:23 PM
From what I've seen and read the stock timers do not work well with the Fly High system no matter how long the timers are set to run.

1boarder
03-21-2008, 09:36 PM
the brains are in the timers. the options are upgrade to 20 min jabsco timers (some 2008s may have them). I have three and I plan on putting one in tomorrow and trying it tomorrow afternoon. The other option I am afraid I should of went with is the 2006 system that is a simple on/off relay. I have not seen this directly but that is how I understand it from others. When the switch is activated there is a signal sent to the vdig which pulls up the ballast page. I think that is all the vdig plays into it. four wires go from the switch to the timers and one to the vdig. This is a common wire for all three switches and both on and off.

I assume you have seen a procedure for reprogramming timers? If not, I can direct you to a procedure.

Kyboater
03-22-2008, 07:40 AM
VDIG knows when the ballast switches are turned on and it only reads the water level in the tanks. It doesn't have any other connection with the ballast system. You will need the extended timers though to make the system work. Stock timers won't provide quite enough fill time for the additional ballast. It's works the same as 07.

skeeler
03-22-2008, 08:44 AM
VDIG knows when the ballast switches are turned on and it only reads the water level in the tanks. It doesn't have any other connection with the ballast system. You will need the extended timers though to make the system work. Stock timers won't provide quite enough fill time for the additional ballast. It's works the same as 07.
I figured it was like the '07's. When you say "extended timers", do you mean going through the reprograming process, or physically putting in new timers? If so, where do I find those? Thanks for the info so far. :D

Holman J.B.F
03-22-2008, 03:30 PM
i removed the time relais to see if there was a way to overrule the timers,nothing worked.the best i got was 2x 6 minutes,letting the pump suck air after one fill by disconnecting the tank hose resets the timer.
But i couldn,t do the same trick with emptying.

My simpelest solution was installing 2 extra pumps and 2 extra swiches.
i,m not finished yet but here are some pics

http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/2.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/3.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/4.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/5.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/6.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/7.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/8.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/9.jpg

1boarder
03-22-2008, 08:47 PM
I tried out the 20 minute jabsco timers today and they worked just fine. My boat was made in November and it come with one 20 min and two of the 2007 6 minute timers.They are roughly $60-80 each from the dealer and finally, I am happy with the solution. They come complete with wiring and only require two splices. The four signal wires come with pins for the plug that you have to put into the plug. I was scared I would have to solder or crimp 8 wires, but it was an easy change.

On another note, the stock ballast for the x2 is rediculous The back two filled in 2 minutes for a total weight of 170 lbs (10 gpm) each and the front was roughly 2.5 minutes so roughly 200 lbs for a total of maybe 600 lbs. I guess the rumor of 1000 lbs for the x2 was just that. The fly high system filled up in 6 minutes which makes sense to the weight they advertise (455). Anyway, 2200 lbs should be enough.

skeeler
03-22-2008, 11:35 PM
I tried out the 20 minute jabsco timers today and they worked just fine. My boat was made in November and it come with one 20 min and two of the 2007 6 minute timers.They are roughly $60-80 each from the dealer and finally, I am happy with the solution. They come complete with wiring and only require two splices. The four signal wires come with pins for the plug that you have to put into the plug. I was scared I would have to solder or crimp 8 wires, but it was an easy change.

On another note, the stock ballast for the x2 is rediculous The back two filled in 2 minutes for a total weight of 170 lbs (10 gpm) each and the front was roughly 2.5 minutes so roughly 200 lbs for a total of maybe 600 lbs. I guess the rumor of 1000 lbs for the x2 was just that. The fly high system filled up in 6 minutes which makes sense to the weight they advertise (455). Anyway, 2200 lbs should be enough.
Never heard of just swapping out a "timer" before. Do you have any pictures or part number? That seems like an easy solution, thanks.
FYI After posting this comment, I did a google search and found another thread on a site that stated this was the timer I was looking for, a "Jabsco 558031 control system", but I couldn't find that part anywhere on the web????

1boarder
03-23-2008, 09:31 AM
I bought mine from the dealer. He called MC and found the MC part number is 50043003.

The jabsco part number you listed is the one fly high gave me when I called. I also tried to search it, but found nothing.

skeeler
03-23-2008, 10:07 AM
I bought mine from the dealer. He called MC and found the MC part number is 50043003.

The jabsco part number you listed is the one fly high gave me when I called. I also tried to search it, but found nothing.
Where do these parts install at, and do you have a picture of them? Thanks again!!

skeeler
03-24-2008, 10:00 AM
I haven't looked that hard, but where is the ballast control box in the '08 X-Star? Thanks

Kyboater
03-24-2008, 10:15 AM
On an X-star the timers are located in the rear port side compartment. On the backside of the rear seat leanback. They have a cover over them.
Here's a pic of one:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd256/db6490/Btimer20f.jpg

We keep the 20min timers in stock.

ShamrockIV
03-24-2008, 10:25 AM
hey skeeler
get with wpstevenson. i rode behind his x2 this weekend and he did upgrade! he had to reproam something but he works for dealer so he knows his stuff!!!

skeeler
03-24-2008, 11:13 AM
On an X-star the timers are located in the rear port side compartment. On the backside of the rear seat leanback. They have a cover over them.
Here's a pic of one:

Thanks for the input guys!! Couple more questions for ya. So do these replace the factory timers inside the ballast control box? If so, after replacement do these need to be reprogrammed to run for 20 minutes, or do they do so straight out of the box?

ShamrockIV
03-24-2008, 11:29 AM
u reprogram them ask bill he can hook u up!!!

skeeler
03-24-2008, 11:35 AM
u reprogram them ask bill he can hook u up!!!
Got it....thanks!

1boarder
03-24-2008, 11:54 AM
you reprogram them by going to fill-off-empty-off for 5 cycles stopping at each point for a second. then move to fill to add 30 seconds. it will then bink x number of times. the first blink is 2 min and each additional blink adds 30 sec. so 5 blinks is 4 min and so on. Go to fill to add 30 then go back to off and fill to add 30 sec more.

Oh yea disconnect the pump before this. After you reprogram, hook the pump back up and turn the pump to empty and let it go through the empty cycle.

this works for both the 6 min version and 20 min

Let me know if you have any questions

Aric'sX15
03-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey holman, are those hard tanks you were using?

snork
03-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Holman, interesting LPG setup on the LY6.
Are the injectors running into the block or into the aftermarket device?

skeeler
03-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Here's a pic of one:

I haven't decided if I am going to go with the 20 minute jabsco timers, or just hardwire them without the timers. What is the wiring layout for the four wires going into the top of the timer? There is a white, brown, yellow, and green for each set of timers. Here is a shot of the connections from the plug to the top of the timers. Just need to know what each wire is for. Thanks!

skeeler
03-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Having said that above, would this wiring layout work out for each pump or am I way off?

Holman J.B.F
03-25-2008, 03:21 AM
@ Aric,s 205V
no these are baby blocks from Jobe,i glued them togheter with some pvc pipe.I need some space for the 4 LPG bottles that are stored on top of the extra ballast.

Holman, interesting LPG setup on the LY6.
Are the injectors running into the block or into the aftermarket device?
The injectors running into the block right next to the gas(oline)injectors.
Set up runs great and revs a 100rpm more at w.o.t on lpg.Not that i need it but nice to know.holeshot is pretty much the same.
savings 0.90 euro per ltr.

i finished the ballast set up,..over ruling the timers is possible but with aproxx 2000 extra wieght and the 900 stock fill time would be aproxx 14 minutes.I have chosen to install 2 extra pumps and i hope it fills up faster.

http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/9b.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/10.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/11.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/12.jpg

skeeler
03-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Anyone know if these are the 6 or 20 minute timers? Thanks!

Kyboater
03-25-2008, 02:32 PM
That matches exactly with the 20min timers we have. I don't have a 6min out of the boat too see whether or not it would be the same also. I'll have to check.

skeeler
03-25-2008, 03:01 PM
That matches exactly with the 20min timers we have. I don't have a 6min out of the boat too see whether or not it would be the same also. I'll have to check.
Thanks! I go back and forth now. If those are indeed the 20 minute timers that may do it, but since I have it apart I can eliminate the timers all together. I know, these are the tough decisions I have to deal with every day. :D

rrbooker
03-25-2008, 04:00 PM
I would just eliminate them! I don't have them on my 06 and i never have a problem! I always watch my sacs empty, but I can because it comes out the side not the bottom! IMO poor design on the newer boats!

1boarder
03-25-2008, 04:47 PM
It is hard to eliminate the timers because of the switch. You have to put 3 relays in as the scematic above or look at what the 2006 system uses as they already have the solution to your schematic above (I believe they have the same switch and have relays in the same place).

RRbooker,
How are the 2006s set up. Is it a toggle switch that goes to a box in the port storage and then to teh pumps, or do the wires go through the switch and straight to the pumps? Do you have the plug with the brown, yellow, green, and white wires (x3) that control the boxes. If so, the failsafe solution in my opinion would be to buy the 2006 relays and use them.

I talked to my dealer and he gave me the 20 minute timers at cost (roughly $50 each) since it should of had them anyway and they worked this weekend when I tried them.

rrbooker
03-25-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure about the wiring! I'm getting the boat out of storage this weekend, so i'll take a look when i get it to my shop!

skeeler
03-25-2008, 06:04 PM
I have decided to eliminate the timers. After looking at it today, I feel pretty confident in wiring in the new relays.
FYI - Here is the layout for the pins going to the input of the Ballast Control Box.

skeeler
03-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Also for FYI. I answered my own question regarding the wiring layout inside the ballast control box.
Green - LED
Yellow - Fill
Brown - Power
White - Empty

wpstevenson
03-26-2008, 02:43 PM
I installed the 20 min control modules last weekend. I programed them to 10 min. I installed bags on top of the tanks and teed into the fill line. Pumps ran for 10 min, tanks and bags filled up in about 8 min or so. The tank over flow was coming out a little as the bag was completly filling. I was happy with the set up.

The problem came when I went to empty. The pumps only ran for about 3 min. The tank was mostly empty but the bag teed into the tank was still about half full. I reprogramed the fill up to 20 min down to 3 min, but the empty time still only ran about 3 min. The module must be sensing the tank level or change in amps on the pump motor and shutting it off. Wish I had installed relays like was on my 06 where the pump would run if you had the switch on.

We are trying to find out what else the control module looks at during empty cycle.

1boarder
03-26-2008, 09:03 PM
It looks at time, voltage swings as when the tank is empty, low boat voltage, etc. It blinks a code when it cuts off. one blink for cycle complete. I can't remember all of them

how many times does the toggle switch light blink when it shuts off? I would guess 6 on my past knowledge. Does anyone know what 6 blinks mean?

skeeler
03-27-2008, 08:31 AM
This will help.
Ballast Timing Programming

ALL PUMPS INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER. (INCLUDES SWITCHES)
SYSTEMS HAVE AI MODULE FOR EACH PUMP. (3)
DEFAULT SETTING TIME FOR FILL IS 4 1/2 MINUTES.
DURING THE FILL OPERATION THE SYSTEM ONLY READS TIME.
DURING THE EMPTY OPERATION THE SYSTEM READS BOTH TIME
AND AMPS.

BLINK CODES:
1 = AUTO SHUT OFF
2 = PUMP OVER LOAD (POSSIBLE KINKED LINE OR CLOGGED VENT)
3 = POWER LOSS BETWEEN AI MODULE AND PUMP
4 = NO CURRENT OR LOW VOLTAGE.
5 = ?
6 = SYSTEM FULL

SYSTEM WILL REMEMBER LAST SWITCH OPERATION AND HOW LONG.

EXAMPLE: SYSTEM FULL. OPERATOR EMPTIES SYSTEM 1/2 WAY. TIME WAS
2 MINUTES. NOW OPERATOR TRIES TO FILL SYSTEM AGAIN BUT IT
WILL ONLY FILL FOR 2 1/2 MINUTES. SYSTEM DEDUCTED THE 2 MINUTES
FROM THE EMPTY TIME, GIVING ONLY 2 1/2 MINUTES OF FILL TIME.

COMPLETE SYSTEM RESET: BATTERY SWITCH OFF OR DISCONNECT BATTERY

SYSTEM CAN BE RE-PROGRAMED. SEQUENCE AS FOLLOWS:

FROM OFF POSITION. F O E, F O E, ETC. 4-5
TIMES UNTIL LIGHT ON SWITCH STARTS BLINKING
TO ADD TIME: FROM OFF POSITION, F O, F O,
EACH F O SEQUENCE IS 30 SEC. OF TIME.

REPEAT ABOVE, TO EMPTY SIDE OF SWITCH FOR LESS
TIME.

NOTE: RE-PROGRAMING MODE ONLY APPLIES TO THE FILL TIME.

Kyboater
03-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Skeeler is right. Drain cycle is watching for amperage change. When plumbing in additional ballast, you'll have to make sure the sacs are going to flow freely into the tank.

skeeler
03-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Skeeler is right. Drain cycle is watching for amperage change. When plumbing in additional ballast, you'll have to make sure the sacs are going to flow freely into the tank.
That was the deciding factor for me to eliminate the timers/control on the ballast box. I just wanted consistency.

wpstevenson
03-27-2008, 01:22 PM
I'll use relays next year. I'll change the pluming around on this years boat to get it to work. When it stops on the empty it blinks once.

skeeler
03-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Having said that above, would this wiring layout work out for each pump or am I way off?
Ok, all you wiring fanatics, help me out. I got the this wiring layout from another person that mentioned it worked for them. I tried the method above today, and got nothing. :mad: I think the problem is something from the switch ti the box. As I stated before, the wires from the switch to the box are the following;
Green - LED
Yellow - Fill
Brown - Power
White - Empty
You will notice in my wiring diagram (which I should of caught sooner) that I received there is no hook up from the relays to switch for power. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks!!

skeeler
03-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Mission accomplished!!! Well, the timers have been eliminated. The schematic above does work, I just spaced off one detail. My error completely. The power wire from the switch to the box needs to be connected to power at the box, duh!! I missed it the first time around, making it incomplete. Special thanks to Paul and Mike. I could not have done it with out you!!! Here are a few pics.
Relays.

skeeler
03-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Ballast Control Box without the timers.

skeeler
03-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Completed network.
I accidentally damaged the circuit breaker in the middle for the KGB pump. So I replaced it with a circuit breaker I had to test it until I can get the correct one tomorrow. I also have a few abs plastic covers for the exposed top/bottom/back of the box to protect it from the elements. Also, I broke down and ordered the Fly High X-Star Ballast System. I figure, if I am going to go through all of this work, I may as well make it worth it. At least for the next owner. :D

JoshBuzz
03-31-2008, 02:22 AM
skeeler, I went out and rode with Rusty and Randall today, and I now know why I'll never buy a demo boat. Either that, or the bonecrusher will never drive my boat lol, he's nuts.

skeeler
03-31-2008, 08:29 AM
skeeler, I went out and rode with Rusty and Randall today, and I now know why I'll never buy a demo boat. Either that, or the bonecrusher will never drive my boat lol, he's nuts.
I have had the pleasure a few times to go out and ride with Rusty also. I will second that statement. :eek:

teamstreng
03-31-2008, 09:21 AM
Shawn,

That is a clean install. Mine is a mess of wires inside the housing box. Great job!

CottagerGreg
03-31-2008, 07:27 PM
are you going to sell that as a "kit" for people wanting the fx their ballast issues?

BTW i heard Rusty is running 4k ballast in his X-star with the 8.1 ltr engine!

wpstevenson
04-01-2008, 11:31 AM
relays look good, did you use 3 relays per pump?

skeeler
04-01-2008, 11:54 AM
relays look good, did you use 3 relays per pump?

Yep, I am also working on the switch led issue. So I will keep everyone posted!!

kskib046
04-01-2008, 01:02 PM
this one does work for sho... plus it's one less relay.

skeeler
04-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Great, where were you two weeks ago? :D Thanks, I will put in the archives for future reference.

skeeler
04-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey, quick question for all you guys that have installed the Fly High ballast system in their X-Star or X-2s. I was planning on putting the valves on the back wall of the cabin area, right below the courtesy light. I know I have seen a few installed there. My question is, for those of you that have put them there, was the plastic storage bin still able to fit back in? Just holding it up there, and at first glance it looks, it looks like there is no way it will fit back in. Let me know what you guys did. Thanks!!!

skeeler
04-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Well, I have got a good start on the Fly High Stystem over the past week. I should have it completed over the weekend, and some finished pictures.

koenvrints
04-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Is ther a place in Europe where I can order the 20 minute timer? Mastercraft dealers don't know what I'm asking for if I talk about 20 minute timers

JRW160
05-13-2008, 02:44 PM

According to this thread that solution doesn't work:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/54185.html

fbroen
05-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Thank you all for all the useful info in this thread.

Trying to locate the timer boxes, but found nothing.

Anyone know where these are located in an 08 X1?

skeeler
05-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Thank you all for all the useful info in this thread.

Trying to locate the timer boxes, but found nothing.

Anyone know where these are located in an 08 X1?
Well, a friend of mine had an '07 X-1, and the ballast control box was located behind the throttle handle panel. :( So you basically have to remove that whole side panel to access it. I can't confirm on the '08's, but I am sure it hasn't changed.

fbroen
05-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks man. I was hoping that wasn't the case, but was kinda thinking it had to be cuz I haven't found them anywhere else....:o

Your install looks very nice indeed btw.

06craftyX2
05-28-2008, 01:45 PM
On another note, the stock ballast for the x2 is rediculous The back two filled in 2 minutes for a total weight of 170 lbs (10 gpm) each and the front was roughly 2.5 minutes so roughly 200 lbs for a total of maybe 600 lbs. I guess the rumor of 1000 lbs for the x2 was just that. The fly high system filled up in 6 minutes which makes sense to the weight they advertise (455). Anyway, 2200 lbs should be enough.[/QUOTE]

Hey have you guys had any issue with the draining of the fly high system? I just put mine in my X2 and it doesn't seem to drain quite as good as before either from the hard tanks or the new sacs. Any ideas?

turbosdad
08-13-2008, 12:58 PM
This will help.
Ballast Timing Programming

ALL PUMPS INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER. (INCLUDES SWITCHES)
SYSTEMS HAVE AI MODULE FOR EACH PUMP. (3)
DEFAULT SETTING TIME FOR FILL IS 4 1/2 MINUTES.
DURING THE FILL OPERATION THE SYSTEM ONLY READS TIME.
DURING THE EMPTY OPERATION THE SYSTEM READS BOTH TIME
AND AMPS.

BLINK CODES:
1 = AUTO SHUT OFF
2 = PUMP OVER LOAD (POSSIBLE KINKED LINE OR CLOGGED VENT)
3 = POWER LOSS BETWEEN AI MODULE AND PUMP
4 = NO CURRENT OR LOW VOLTAGE.
5 = ?
6 = SYSTEM FULL

SYSTEM WILL REMEMBER LAST SWITCH OPERATION AND HOW LONG.

EXAMPLE: SYSTEM FULL. OPERATOR EMPTIES SYSTEM 1/2 WAY. TIME WAS
2 MINUTES. NOW OPERATOR TRIES TO FILL SYSTEM AGAIN BUT IT
WILL ONLY FILL FOR 2 1/2 MINUTES. SYSTEM DEDUCTED THE 2 MINUTES
FROM THE EMPTY TIME, GIVING ONLY 2 1/2 MINUTES OF FILL TIME.

COMPLETE SYSTEM RESET: BATTERY SWITCH OFF OR DISCONNECT BATTERY

SYSTEM CAN BE RE-PROGRAMED. SEQUENCE AS FOLLOWS:

FROM OFF POSITION. F O E, F O E, ETC. 4-5
TIMES UNTIL LIGHT ON SWITCH STARTS BLINKING
TO ADD TIME: FROM OFF POSITION, F O, F O,
EACH F O SEQUENCE IS 30 SEC. OF TIME.

REPEAT ABOVE, TO EMPTY SIDE OF SWITCH FOR LESS
TIME.

NOTE: RE-PROGRAMING MODE ONLY APPLIES TO THE FILL TIME.
When the battery switch is turned off do I need to preprogram all the switches again. Do they revert to default or do they stay at what I set them??????

Thanks

skeeler
08-13-2008, 01:12 PM
When the battery switch is turned off do I need to preprogram all the switches again. Do they revert to default or do they stay at what I set them??????

Thanks
In my past experiences, You will have to reprogram them when the battery has been disconnected.

Roonie's
08-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Mine have stayed to what I have set them at when i disconnect battery.

skeeler
08-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Mine have stayed to what I have set them at when i disconnect battery.
You are probably correct, someone may want to confirm the '08 models as well since the timers are different (I think?). Since I removed my timers, I haven't had a lot of timing experience. :D

Roonie's
08-13-2008, 02:20 PM
for some reason I had to do the disconnect battery thing for the three timers seperately as they didn't want to co-operate and do it all at once. Could be different for 08.

jess
11-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Skeeler posted this pic earlier in this thread. Anyone know for sure if this is a 20 min (and not a 6 min) timer box?

I have 3 timers with that exact model numbers in my X-Star and trying to figure out which ones they are -- 20 or 6 min.

Thank you.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z112/fbroen/P1010005sm.jpg

vision
10-11-2009, 04:16 PM
One more question regarding the ballast timers and reprograming.

I do not use the rear tanks in our 08 X-star, just the Fly High sacs. I simply run the rear ballast pumps straight into the bags with no connection to the built in tanks. I reprogrammed my 6 minute timers for 5 minute fills and they fill the bags fine.

However, the ballast timers do not reset when the bags are emptied. I empty the bags and even open a port in the bags so that the pumps are sucking air as they would with empty tanks, but the pumps time out (6 blinks) and never reset the timers (2 blinks)?

Suggestions?

rgardjr1
03-12-2010, 05:45 PM
According to this thread that solution doesn't work:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/54185.html

I think this should work with the Mastercraft On-Off-On switch. I think the concern was that with a Toggle switch On-On it wouldn't work, but in the center switch position neither relay is triggered allowing the ballast pump to shut off. Maybe some of the other relay experts chime in.

Edit: I did notice the schematic at WW had the relays wired a differently than the schematic in this thread. Had the power and grounds running to different posts on each relay instead of positive to Normally Open ground to Normally Closed.

rgardjr1
03-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I hadn't seen this page before today. Not sure if Skeeler put it together or not:
http://www.lockituponline.com/ballast-control-box/index.html

jrbishop4
03-12-2010, 10:14 PM
I think Skeeler did put it together. I sent him a pm about the relays and he sent me that same link back.

mseller
06-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I am interested in doing this...where did you get the relays and harnesses? specific brand necessary?

mseller
06-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Did this project this weekend. Thanks so much for all the info. Mine's a bit messy but does the job! I was a bit confused on some of the wiring so I have redrawn this to make it applicable to my 2008 X45 wiring. Here are the parts I bought. I did not connect the LED(green wire). I will continue to research on how to get this to work. I'm pretty sure we'll need a diode or something in order to get it to work.

So now when I'm filling it only shows my starboard tank as being 3/4 full even though it is spitting out the water out the side so I know it's full. Has anyone who has done this experienced this? Anyway to reset the fill level?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=330-073
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=330-075
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/556505_10100494371986498_1737635053_n.jpg