PDA

View Full Version : cruise control

MEEN
03-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Looking to buy a boat and would like to know what you guys think about cruise control.

I've never used it and don't think I need it.

What do you think?

MEEN

JohnE
03-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Looking to buy a boat and would like to know what you guys think about cruise control.

I've never used it and don't think I need it.

What do you think?

MEEN

I don't know anything about the MC cruise control, but everyone definitely needs Perfect Pass. Unless you are a wicked awesome driver.:D

Welcome aboard!

lav
03-21-2008, 07:36 PM
If u do any type of watersport where a constant speed is crucial Perfect Pass is a must, also a marriage saver. Sorry no experience with MC cruise. There will be many others to input here im sure also the skiers here will prob have info on the new Stargazer GPS based system.

T Scott
03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Perfect pass is much cheaper than a divorce!

Lennyp04
03-21-2008, 08:33 PM
we have the MC cruise in the x1. It does the job but nothing like perfect pass. When I'm driving while my dad is skiing I can have it with in .2+/-of the 29mph that he goes. Perfect pass is a great investment but not something that I need becuase our MC cruise does a good enough job for us.

Ski Bum
03-21-2008, 08:48 PM
IF you ski in a course or are really into wake boarding it is a must. Couse skiing the perfect pass is checking speed off the gates and boat guides by using magnets and a pick up. That tells you to Raise and or lower rpm till you get the speed you want. once you get that you save that info and it will give you the same speed every time. Adjust for wind and crew. Zero off works off gps inter way points (gates) and punch in how fast and its done. I have both in my boat and love the zero off. I would not waste the money on eather if your just out for a good time and want to get wet.

ProTour X9
03-21-2008, 08:49 PM
The MC Cruise is standard on all boats, Perfect Pass is a professional cruise upgrade. We primarily use MC Cruise for wakeboarding and surfing; skiing is a bit more touchy so we drive that by hand.

Doug G
03-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Meen,

Welcome to the board. that's like asking if you need cruise control in your car... it al depends where and you drive and what your preference is. As most have said if you are skiing or boarding to any extent the driver and rider will definatley appreciate the cruise. It's really hard to ride when the speed is jumping around.

If you are spec'ing a new boat I would definately recommend the perfect pass. I have the MC cruise and it works but it will hunt a few mph, surges in turns and has other personallity traits that have convinced me that I am going to upgrade to perfect pass. As to the perfect pass options and versions the perfect pass boys will fill you in on that.

SchuyHigh
03-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Just bought a new 197 with cruise, but haven't had it in the water yet. You and I will probably get our answer at around the same time. I have been told though to use the RPM, not speed??

Lennyp04
03-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Schuy. I believe that if you use rpm mode that you can keep a speed closer to what you want, however we do not simply because it is much easier to do mph rather then rpm

H20BOY
03-23-2008, 02:01 AM
I have the MC Cruise. Once I figured out how it worked, I loved it. Now I will not have a boat without it or PP.

Chief
03-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Perfect pass is much cheaper than a divorce!

True True................

mccobmd
03-23-2008, 01:15 PM
I have the MC cruise and use it on all watersports, use the RPM, perfect pass is a must if you're skiing a course but for recreational skiers/boarders the MC cruise works great.