PDA

View Full Version : notice anything different about this 40th

duckguy
03-21-2008, 06:06 PM
check it out and take a guess.

LKNMC
03-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Either I'm stoned or the X on that boat is different from the other 40th's I've seen

Roonie's
03-21-2008, 06:16 PM
There seems to be plaid white stripes above and below the black X. There should only be color. That is my guess.

rrbooker
03-21-2008, 06:18 PM
the white checker runs into the red?

ProTour X9
03-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Theres plaid on the red parts inside the X??

Heres a normal 40th...

3event
03-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Hmmm....

It looks like it might be an X-2, and not an X-Star.......?

jkski
03-21-2008, 06:25 PM
It is the fact that in that photo, there is plaid above and below the X whereas in the 40th Anniv. brochure the same boat is pictured with those areas as the red metalflake.
Keep in mind that photo was taken at the dealer meeting back in September and I do not believe the 40th Anniv. boats were in production yet, so things can change!!!

duckguy
03-21-2008, 06:34 PM
yeah I dont know if i like the plaid like that or not

coz
03-21-2008, 06:35 PM
check it out and take a guess.

You'll be pulling up to my house to give me that new boat tomorrow???:confused: What???? Just guessing!!!:D

JohnE
03-21-2008, 06:43 PM
So the red above and below the X with the white plaid does not look like metalflake. Is it a bootlegged XStar?

G-man
03-21-2008, 09:08 PM
not into plaid anyway

TMCNo1
03-21-2008, 09:30 PM
The decal/wrap supplier probably ran another batch of decals and didn't remember how the first or previous sets were spec'd and how they were made, then made these different not knowing, paying attention to detail or giving a crap, IMO!

swatguy
03-22-2008, 12:18 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^I thought we paid for attention to detail? SNAPS!

Jim@BAWS
03-22-2008, 12:40 PM
The decal/wrap supplier probably ran another batch of decals and didn't remember how the first or previous sets were spec'd and how they were made, then made these different not knowing, paying attention to detail or giving a crap, IMO!

What??? Please...the decision was made NOT to have the PLAID
added to the upper and lower part of the X. Ever heard of a "RUNNING CHANGE" ?

Jim@BAWS

roddydog
03-22-2008, 03:38 PM
C'MON!!!!!!

We all know only Real Men wear Plaid.:D

JohnE
03-22-2008, 04:59 PM
What??? Please...the decision was made NOT to have the PLAID
added to the upper and lower part of the X. Ever heard of a "RUNNING CHANGE" ?

Jim@BAWS

Jim, I'm confused. Is the pic in the OP a real 40th? I truly would not understand a running change in an anniversary boat. Unless it were to change it completely because the 40th is so ugly.;) Maybe the running change should have been to 35th graphics.:D

TMCNo1
03-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Jim, I'm confused. Is the pic in the OP a real 40th? I truly would not understand a running change in an anniversary boat. Unless it were to change it completely because the 40th is so ugly.;) Maybe the running change should have been to 35th graphics.:D

John, you have all the right answers and you are smarter than a 5th grader!
That sure would make for a good TV game show!:rolleyes: :D

Jim@BAWS
03-22-2008, 07:37 PM

The FIRST page is at dealer meeting SHOWING off the NEW 40th
before it offical production release. The OTHER photo boat was used for the OFFICAL photo shoot in Orlando. That boat now resides on my lake here in North Tampa. You can still order your 40th

Jim@BAWS

Covi
03-22-2008, 07:44 PM
John E, I'm with you no running change on an anniversary edition. Something strange is going on.

JohnE
03-22-2008, 07:58 PM
The FIRST page is at dealer meeting SHOWING off the NEW 40th
before it offical production release. The OTHER photo boat was used for the OFFICAL photo shoot in Orlando. That boat now resides on my lake here in North Tampa. You can still order your 40th

Jim@BAWS

Jim, then what is the point of this thread??:confused:

I'm not trying to doubt anyone, just trying to understand. I do stand by the thought that you don't do a running change on an anniversary boat. And if they made a 214 in an anniversary edition I'd have signed up yesterday.;)

TMCNo1
03-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Jim, then what is the point of this thread??:confused:

I'm not trying to doubt anyone, just trying to understand. I do stand by the thought that you don't do a running change on an anniversary boat. And if they made a 214 in an anniversary edition I'd have signed up yesterday.;)

John, you need to audition for 'Jeopardy' and show the world what hushpuppies will do for the brain! :D Your amazing! Were you the captain of team for the "High IQ Bowl" in :cool: school?
This is the reaction around the world,