PDA

View Full Version : Interior Lighting

wesgardner
03-31-2005, 08:46 AM
Hey All,

My boat ('89 Maristar) has some rope lights (those little bulbs in what looks like clear 3/8" tube) and of course they're bunred out - are these things still obtainable?

I've got one that's probably 6' in a side locker and one that's 5' across the stern in the lazerette (trunk) slki locker.

I don't need neon, I don't need "underglow", just lighting.

Wes

Bradsinger
08-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Leds are the way to go now days. They last a long time and draw alot less current. I've replaced the two foward lights under the bow seats with a set of three leds each. there the bright white ones.:shocked:

kennbarbie
08-23-2006, 01:02 AM
I agree, LED are the way to go. Will last you a very long time, easier on your switches and electrical system (draw less current), and they come in all soerts of colours. Check out your local auto acc. store and they should have some different styles.

Hoff1
08-23-2006, 08:51 AM
I've looked for the rope lighting as well. Hard to find 12V stuff around this town. I can find the 120V rope at Home Depot, but that doesn't do me any good. Would be nice if I could modify the standard 120V rope to step down the voltage to where I could wire it into the boat.

Your best bet would be to search the internet.