PDA

View Full Version : SAD Sight!!

jpattigr
03-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Today coming back from working in Edmonton, Alberta to Calgary saw a very sad sight.
The local Mastercraft dealer has a location in each city and was delivering a New Tournament Team 197 to calgary and the boat was upside down on the Highway! Not sure what happened but the trailer looked mangled and the boat was on the pavement upside down!
It was a sad sight to see that nice boat like that!!
I did not have camera and thus no pictures, Sorry!:(

Tom
03-20-2008, 03:14 AM
Hey Jpattigr
I am looking for a MC 6-10 years old, do you know of any? I live in Calgary.

TMCNo1
03-20-2008, 06:55 AM
I am in tears!

03 35th Anniversary
03-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Hey Jpattigr
I am looking for a MC 6-10 years old, do you know of any? I live in Calgary.I'm pretty sure I know where you can get a pretty good deal on a New Tournament Team In Calgary Now.... 8p

Workin' 4 Toys
03-20-2008, 11:06 AM
jpattigr- Get me the location. I need the hull to make some furniture. I'll put it to good use.

Sounds like the same thing that happened in NC not that long ago.

RexDog1
03-20-2008, 11:20 AM
jpattigr- Get me the location. I need the hull to make some furniture. I'll put it to good use.

Sounds like the same thing that happened in NC not that long ago.

WFT you are my hero, I see a boat all F up…… and you see furniture !!!! :D
I think I am going to name my first wife after you:rolleyes:

flipper
03-20-2008, 11:22 AM
I feel bad for the poor guy that thinks he's picking up a new boat in a couple days.

shepherd
03-20-2008, 11:26 AM

You going to name her "Workin'" or "Toys" ?

Workin' 4 Toys
03-20-2008, 11:28 AM

It would also make a great sandbox in the back yard for the kids too. It all depends on how much fiberglass is showing...:D The engine and trans would look GREAT holding up my coffee table glass... The teak platform would work out perfect as a surround for my BBQ grill...

Not so sure about the wife name, you are welcome to name your dog after me....:cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
03-20-2008, 11:30 AM
You going to name her "Workin'" or "Toys" ?
Oh, I was thinking he meant something like ******* ....:o

RexDog1
03-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Not so sure about the wife name, you are welcome to name your dog after me....:cool:

No I love my dog……………………………………..:D
Hi Deer :rolleyes:

coz
03-20-2008, 11:41 AM
It would also make a great sandbox in the back yard for the kids too. It all depends on how much fiberglass is showing...:D The engine and trans would look GREAT holding up my coffee table glass... The teak platform would work out perfect as a surround for my BBQ grill...

You definetly have the MC designers flair, that'd be a nice pad with MC furniture. :D

Workin' 4 Toys
03-20-2008, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't do this to a good hull of course, but one that is in need of desperate attention such as this one the thread started with....

I have a pretty good size room I could probably use two 197 hulls to make furniture out of if someone wants to donate them to me. If someone wanted to donate an X series too, I could use the tower for mounting my surround sound system.

uawaterskier
03-20-2008, 10:24 PM
im sad now...

TX.X-30 fan
03-20-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm pretty sure I know where you can get a pretty good deal on a New Tournament Team In Calgary Now.... 8p

That's good!! 32653

TX.X-30 fan
03-20-2008, 11:01 PM
I wouldn't do this to a good hull of course, but one that is in need of desperate attention such as this one the thread started with....

I have a pretty good size room I could probably use two 197 hulls to make furniture out of if someone wants to donate them to me. If someone wanted to donate an X series too, I could use the tower for mounting my surround sound system.

I like the tower mounted surrounds, way to think outside the box WFT!

Lennyp04
03-21-2008, 10:18 AM

Hahah So funny....Sorry thats too priceless. As some one else said, I feel bad for that guy who thinks hes getting that boat in a few days!

D3skier
03-21-2008, 10:25 AM
so I guess this means there is only 99 TT boats for '08 now

Lennyp04
03-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Wow Good thinking D3

Now thats a really limited edition boat! Hopefully no more are dropping out!

03 35th Anniversary
03-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Wow Good thinking D3

Now thats a really limited edition boat! Hopefully no more are dropping out!Yea, I bet after September with only 99 of them left they will be going fast and won't be flooding the boattraderonline.com website like all the 07s

Ric
03-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Today coming back from working in Edmonton, Alberta to Calgary saw a very sad sight.
The local Mastercraft dealer has a location in each city and was delivering a New Tournament Team 197 to calgary and the boat was upside down on the Highway! Not sure what happened but the trailer looked mangled and the boat was on the pavement upside down!
It was a sad sight to see that nice boat like that!!
I did not have camera and thus no pictures, Sorry!:( can we get a pic from the dealer or something of that sort?

that's the kinda crabapple that would only happen to me

Jonathan94
03-21-2008, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=Ric]can we get a pic from the dealer or something of that sort?

I did send an email to one of the salesmen in Edmonton with a link to this asking for the story - either by email back to me or by their posting a reply - but have not yet heard anything.

uawaterskier
03-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Yea, I bet after September with only 99 of them left they will be going fast and won't be flooding the boattraderonline.com website like all the 07s
I never like the two different color sided 07...but thats just me

ski_king
03-21-2008, 02:03 PM
That black and black is so bland looking, probobly somebody didnt see it and ran right into it.....

Workin' 4 Toys
03-24-2008, 10:29 AM
I like the tower mounted surrounds, way to think outside the box WFT!
I also have a good use for the gauges too if I could come across the set.:D
Think desk organizer....:D

Mount the gauge cluster to a nice slab of cherry, run a 12 volt transformer to the outlet under the desk wired to the wall switch, and the gauge cluster lights up when you turn the office lights on...

(Seriously:cool: you have NO IDEA how serious I really am....:D )

Jonathan94
03-28-2008, 03:17 AM
[QUOTE=Ric]can we get a pic from the dealer or something of that sort?

I did send an email to one of the salesmen in Edmonton with a link to this asking for the story - either by email back to me or by their posting a reply - but have not yet heard anything.

Well I got something back... but we may never know the story because, unfortunately, the response was that they were "not at liberty to disclose any details as to the accident that happened".

jpattigr
03-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Sorry everyone, I have been in Florida at Swiss ski school and of course DW with the kids!

I could not turn around to take a picture as the highway was very busy but it was a sad sight!!

TOM, Don't know of any boats right now but may sell mine in the fall, 2002 Pro Tournament 197, tower and loaded, about 350 hours.:D

I would only be selling to buy a new Team!!