PDA

View Full Version : 2004 PS209 Dash Removal

millerjb4
03-19-2008, 11:20 PM
To anyone who can help...

I just purchased PerfectPass and am going to install it once I get my boat out of storage. I believe the PP install should be pretty easy, but my biggest concern is replacing the existing speedo with the PP unit.

Does anyone know the best way to remove the dash / access the mounting area of the speedos? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

JB

park190
03-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Great timing! I just put a PerfectPass display in my 02' 209 last night, and was quite pleased with how easy it was. There were three plastic "plugs" that I removed from the top of the dash in order to free it. I was then able to access the back of the panel very easily. I'm assuming the 04' will be quite similar. Hopefully this will help.

Diesel
03-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Yep, three plugs on the top and two screws on the bottom near the steering wheel.

park190
03-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks, Diesel. I forgot about the two screws.

millerjb4
03-20-2008, 10:24 PM
That is great! Thank you so much for your responses.

Park190, did you feel the PP instructions were well done? I actually have my boat shrink-wrapped right now, so I can't access it to check stuff out, yet. From only reading the instructions briefly, it seems they will provide all the necessary guidance.

One last question for you... I noticed there is an optional noise filter for the servo motor plug that was shipped with the system. It mentions on the note in the bag that this should be used if the display acts abnormal during start-up / power-up of the PP, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to just go ahead and install it right away. Do you agree?

Thanks again for your help! This is my first time doing a thread-type discussion board... it is proving very helpful!

JB