PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE my little boat...

stuartmcnair
03-19-2008, 09:42 PM
love it love it love it...

especially after my visit to Rambo today...took a looky around the showroom...cheapest MC in the showroom would have gotten me a divorce...

wow them fancy new things is high

Aric'sX15
03-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Are you telling us you had an affair with your boat? :D

JoshBuzz
03-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Stuart are you high?

uawaterskier
03-19-2008, 10:20 PM
you came to huntsville today and didnt call me? Did you happen to see if they were working on the team boat? Those guys better have it done by saturday or my a$$ is grass

Aric'sX15
03-19-2008, 10:21 PM
he was a little busy as we can tell. HAHA

bcampbe7
03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
you came to huntsville today and didnt call me? Did you happen to see if they were working on the team boat? Those guys better have it done by saturday or my a$$ is grass

I think there is a new Rambo in B'ham. ;)

uawaterskier
03-20-2008, 12:46 AM
I think there is a new Rambo in B'ham. ;)I dont think it has opened yet...has it? If so I'm an idiot for bringing our boat all the way to Huntsville

TMCNo1
03-20-2008, 05:57 AM
Did you find out what was causing your boat not to crank and run?

wakeX2wake
03-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Rambo TOMORROW!!!... picking up the toy to bring it home... even if i'm not going to go to the water but once/wk for the next few weeks... it's still nice to be able to look at it... haven't seen it in 4.5 mos...

stuartmcnair... you didn't happen to pass along my message to tell them to have it ready by this weekend did you?... if you did it worked they called me yesterday and told me i could pick it up Saturday maybe Friday and I called and otld them i wanted it Tuesday

TMCNo1
03-20-2008, 11:59 AM

especially after my visit to Rambo today...took a looky around the showroom...cheapest MC in the showroom would have gotten me a divorce...

That's why I laugh when some asks when we are gonna buy a new boat. The average walley can't take care of a new one much less take care of one for 19 years like alot of us do!

stuartmcnair
03-20-2008, 12:08 PM
I think there is a new Rambo in B'ham. ;)

not ready yet...otherwise I would not have driven to Huntsville

the team boat was hooked up behind a truck in the yard...they were finishing up on a frind of mine's X-30

stuartmcnair
03-20-2008, 12:10 PM
the reason I love my little boat so much was because the cheapest one on the floor was $82,000. (and that doesn't include the cost of the divorce were I to purchase one)

Sodar
03-20-2008, 02:28 PM
That's why I laugh when some asks when we are gonna buy a new boat. The average walley can't take care of a new one much less take care of one for 19 years like alot of us do!
We all gotta get into a new boat some time. Maybe in 19 years, I will be laughing at the price tag... who knows? I will guarantee you though, this boat will be sitting in the garage no matter if I buy another new MC or not... this one has alot of sentimental value already in the 10 months and 20 days I have owned it!

flipper
03-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Sad but true. More money than brains:D

east tx skier
03-20-2008, 02:40 PM
We all gotta get into a new boat some time. Maybe in 19 years, I will be laughing at my $50k+ price tag... who knows? I will guarantee you though, this boat will be sitting in the garage no matter if I buy a new MC or not... this one has alot of sentimental value already in the 10 months and 20 days I have owned it!

How many hours you got now? I just turned 200 to start this season and am at 204.6 hours right now. Just checking to see if you passed me yet.

Sodar
03-20-2008, 03:03 PM
How many hours you got now? I just turned 200 to start this season and am at 204.6 hours right now. Just checking to see if you passed me yet.

I just turned 80 hours weekend before last. This summer I am expecting to put less than 20 on it, due to the sale of my parent's lakehouse and the minimal use it gets used for during sunrise ski runs at the river. :( On that note, I expect my brother boat to run about 150 hours this season, since he only did about 30 last year. :cool:

M-Funf
03-20-2008, 03:22 PM

I feel the same way about mine...

When I see the new boat prices, I just :eek3:

hydro-therapy
03-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Must be nice still in an 89 Prostar w/1994 hrs and counting!:banana:

atlfootr
03-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Rambo TOMORROW!!!... picking up the toy to bring it home..Tell my bud's Scooter and Lex (Partsguy) that Rob w/ Atlantabarefoot Club said hello !
Tell 'em I'm the guy w/ the MC BF200 :D

And if after all that, they still don't remember me --
Tell 'em, he's the guy that drove 4.5 hrs from Atlanta / Cummings to have service work performed by RAMBO on his bro's PS 205 ...

stuartmcnair
03-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Must be nice still in an 89 Prostar w/1994 hrs and counting!:banana:

my 89 has less than 700 hours on it so I plan to keep it for a while

kjohnson
03-20-2008, 08:23 PM
I bet Scooter isn't worried about the price of gas!

Slinkyredfoot
03-20-2008, 08:55 PM
We all gotta get into a new boat some time. Maybe in 19 years, I will be laughing at my $50k+ price tag... who knows? I will guarantee you though, this boat will be sitting in the garage no matter if I buy another new MC or not... this one has alot of sentimental value already in the 10 months and 20 days I have owned it!

Sodar, now what you mean on the sentimental thing...

I have no boat payment, that is one reason I may be abel to afford a few more gallons of gas...

I too love my little, fast boat.....:D

TMCNo1
03-20-2008, 08:55 PM
my 89 has less than 700 hours on it so I plan to keep it for a while

Ours is welded to the museum basement floor and never goes in the water, never sees the light of day, the moon and has 0 hours on it!:rolleyes: 8p

uawaterskier
03-20-2008, 09:16 PM
not ready yet...otherwise I would not have driven to Huntsville

the team boat was hooked up behind a truck in the yard...they were finishing up on a frind of mine's X-30
yeah they called me up at 9 oclock this morning and told me it was ready. So I took a short little trip up from my house and she is now sitting in the driveway:D :D :D. I tell you what, they are heads and tails above the other dealers. I called up there on Friday, dropped the boat off on saturday, and they have it back to me on thursday morning. That right there is service, and why when I get enough $$$ later on in life to own a boat it WILL be bought from them. They take care of their customers and run an awesome to notch dealership.

uawaterskier
03-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Rambo TOMORROW!!!... picking up the toy to bring it home... even if i'm not going to go to the water but once/wk for the next few weeks... it's still nice to be able to look at it... haven't seen it in 4.5 mos...

stuartmcnair... you didn't happen to pass along my message to tell them to have it ready by this weekend did you?... if you did it worked they called me yesterday and told me i could pick it up Saturday maybe Friday and I called and otld them i wanted it Tuesday
which one was yours?

Sodar
03-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Sodar, now what you mean on the sentimental thing...

I have no boat payment, that is one reason I may be abel to afford a few more gallons of gas...

I too love my little, fast boat.....:D

The sentimental can't be discussed here!

I have no payment either, so that is a mute point.

These boats are far from fast though... quick? Maybe, fast definitely not!

trickskier
03-20-2008, 09:20 PM

That's what my wife say's about me....................:rolleyes:

Slinkyredfoot
03-20-2008, 09:22 PM

Wow, I always thought my little boat was fast, damn...

Sodar
03-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Wow, I always thought my little boat was fast, damn...

I am reminded how slow all our boats are every weekend when when I am passed by bayliners and welcrafts! Not to mention the cigarettes, eliminators, etc.

Slinkyredfoot
03-20-2008, 09:34 PM
I am reminded how slow all our boats are every weekend when when I am passed by bayliners and welcrafts! Not to mention the cigarettes, eliminators, etc.

Your boat not mine, by the time the bayliners, welcrafts and pontoons get up to speed on our lake, I am "already gone"...............

stuartmcnair
03-20-2008, 09:54 PM
yeah well, those boats sound like crap...I like to make them listen to mine...like when I had my Mustang. I tuned the exhaust to sound best between 2000 and 3000 rpm...just to let people know who was the boss

wakeX2wake
03-21-2008, 10:05 PM
which one was yours?
mine was the blue on silver metal flake x2 w/ a dark gray hull... singke axle trailer... had a good visit w/ bennet today... he's as good of a guy as lex and awesome to work w/... got it home ran good and i'm REALLY needing some of the tower braces as i was out today in some seriously choppy wata