PDA

View Full Version : Search assitance

canyonlaketx
03-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi,

New X2 owner here. Thanks to the mods and others that keep it running. I looking for suggestions to improve my search capability. I notice that "X2" is to short a word and is ignored in forum searches. I understand the practice. Can you suggest a search that would allow me to search for "X2 ballast"? If not, no big deal.

Thanks again,

Brent

TMCNo1
03-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Hi,

New X2 owner here. Thanks to the mods and others that keep it running. I looking for suggestions to improve my search capability. I notice that "X2" is to short a word and is ignored in forum searches. I understand the practice. Can you suggest a search that would allow me to search for "X2 ballast"? If not, no big deal.

Thanks again,

Brent

Trying the word 'ballast' narrows it down some to at least 500 threads containing the word here, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/search.php?searchid=1049677

Sodar
03-19-2008, 10:32 PM
The search function on this site is horrible at best. I use google. Type "site:tmcowners.com x2 ballast" into the search box and you should have plenty of hits!

Welcome and good luck!

canyonlaketx
03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Thx for the help. The google search was perfect. Learn something new every day.

TMCNo1
03-21-2008, 12:15 PM
The search function on this site is horrible at best. I use google. Type "site:tmcowners.com x2 ballast" into the search box and you should have plenty of hits!

Welcome and good luck!

Thanks Sodar, I'll have to get used to using that shortcut more often, I just tried it and it's great. I had seen something mentioned about that before but you explained it perfect and made it simple for dumb folks like me!

Roonie's
03-21-2008, 12:30 PM
learn something new everyday...... I had no idea you could search site specific with google. THX

flipper
03-21-2008, 12:47 PM
me neither....good info

flipper
03-21-2008, 12:48 PM

Welcome and good luck!
didn't know you could do that....thanks, good info. That's why they pay you the big bucks:D

TMCNo1
03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
didn't know you could do that....thanks, good info. That's why they pay you the big bucks:D

Sodar has been promoted to Director of Team Talk Information Techology Clarification, Expedition, Logistics and Thinkineering!:rolleyes:

Sodar
03-21-2008, 01:12 PM

Thats me! Raking in the big bucks! :D :D

coz
03-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Thinkineering[/I][/B]!:rolleyes:

I like this one! :D

TMCNo1
03-21-2008, 01:35 PM
I like this one! :D

I have my moments of Thinkineering by coming up with the wurds like "Thinkineering" and "Homotextuals"!:rolleyes: 8p