PDA

View Full Version : FAE Exhaust

swatguy
03-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Just thought if anyone was interested in this FAE (fresh air exhaust)produc He is giving us over a Wakeworld a group buy rate if we order before Apr 15.......I have spoke with DR MAnn the owner of the company offering us this and said he would extend it to the TMCOwners site as well if there is any interest. I am by no way affiliated with FAE, but do know of several people who have the product and it works great on dispersing the the exhaust fumes away from riders/surfers and also lowers the exhaust noise by at least 50% site says 75% so could very well be more than half. From the boats I have been in it has a HUGE EFFECT! Just thought I would post it over here if there was any interest. This is the reply we originally got from Dr Mann the owner of the company. Would be $50 of with some extra stuff at no cost if we generate enough interest.

Thanks for the request. To accomplish a group buy, someone on the site needs to coordinate it. Basically that means disseminating the group buy info, collecting emails addresses and forwarding those to me. Also, I do not read the discussion boards unless someone sends me a link on something I need to see; thanks for the heads up. I barely have enough time to read my email, much less discussion boards.

We can do a WakeWorld group buy. We will do a $50 discount and the closing date will be April 15. Since the price of stainless steel is starting to rise again we will be adjusting the price of FAE upward this spring. The sooner someone places an order, the better chance they have getting locked in on a lower price (in addition to the $50 off). The discount code is: WW0308

For price and ordering, go to: www.FreshAirExhaust.com

If we have at least 10 orders, we will include the stainless cover sleeve option at no charge (normally $5-$15).

We will also extend the availability of the Electro-Polish finish as an option for $75 more. We must get at least 6 orders for the EP finish to proceed with the EP order. The standard finish remains black gloss powder coat.

Let me know if you wish to coordinate this group buy or if you have any questions. Whoever coordinates the buy needs to post the above information and to keep me abreast of questions that require my response.

For your boat, I need the measurements (see attached) if you boat is not listed..
Again, thanks for your support,

Larry Mann, DC
Hill Country Boardz, LLC
TrickBoardz.com
FreshAirExhaust.com

Send me a PM if you are interested just so I can keep track of how many we receive. Thanks

jimmer2880
03-19-2008, 08:36 PM
It's not for me, but I have a friend who has one on this T...e and loves it. He has hit floaters with it and hasn't had a problem. Just jumped into the water and rotated it back down (it flips up if you hit something). He said that when wake surfing, or boarding the engine noise is next to nothing.

It gives him the ability to hear the music without making everyone else on the river mad, as well as able to hold a 2-way conversation with the surfer.

H20skeefreek
03-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Does anyone know a SKIER that has one? They say it doesn't affect the wake, but I don't know if I believe it.

swatguy
03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Yup designed to just flip up if you hit something or do a serious powerturn. It gives him the ability to hear the music without making everyone else on the river mad, as well as able to hold a 2-way conversation with the surfer. I will second all of that
One other reason for my consideration is my little ones will be behind the boat more and more learning this year. The ability to talk and the reduction of noise and exhaust fumes are all what have me sold. In the realm of accessories for the boat $350ish is next to nothing if you ask me.....one of the cheaper things going :)

I can't say I know of any skiers that have one. All the skiers I grew up with now board :)

H20skeefreek
03-19-2008, 11:27 PM
I can't say I know of any skiers that have one. All the skiers I grew up with now board :)

I guess boarding is easier on the 60+ crowd??

swatguy
03-20-2008, 01:24 AM
I guess boarding is easier on the 60+ crowd??

HUH? It must be late? I'll re-read in the am and figure that one out:D

H20skeefreek
03-20-2008, 08:19 AM
You made a crack at skiing, saying it basically wasn't the cool thing to do, and all the people you "grew up with" now board, so I joked that the people you "grew up" with must be old and need something easier on thier bodies. ;)

swatguy
03-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Gotcha............wasn't meant to be a crack at skiing..never said it wasn't cool..just saying everyone I ride with boards. Since they strapped on a board noone has gone back to their ski. Just kind of like the snowboard vs snow skiers debate.......Most who traveled to the other side never came back. These days the"wakeboat" market is killing the "ski" boat market. The close bow/ski machines have a much smaller niche now if you ask me compared to the wakeboats.

Nah us boarders just need something more individualized and challenging. Running the same course gets old after about the 50th time in a row. I will argue about the easier on the body thing.....Sure cranking a course over and over and ripping turns demands fitness, but crashing and bailing 50times trying to get a new itrick takes just as big as a toll on your bod.......Don't see too many 60 yr olds on wakeboards throwing down.....Sure you wreck on a ski trust me I know i used to compete......but I have wrecked 100time harder on a mmore frequent basis on a board. I have seen some 40plus guys I on the waterski tour and even older guys/gals still ripping in the free skiing so you tell me? Bet even if you just took a poll on the site here the age of skiers would blow away the wakeboarders. I will go with the fact that skiing has been around a much longer time so that is some of the reason, but take a poll of the older crowd and see how many have switched to boarding..........Think you'll find you have it backwards in the age category my friend

The old guys are still on the stretch lines ;) Something about being upsidedown and spinning (on purpose), and adding your own style is what keeps me coming back. Some guys prefer the challenge of the perfect sourse run around a bouy..........To each his own.

Sounds like someone is a little worried about the coolness factor of still skiing and I am 100% sure it aint't me:rolleyes: bahahahahahah

M-Funf
03-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I must be missing something...

I can believe the noise reduction, but not the reduction of Carbon Monoxide. The exhaust gases still rise to the surface of the water after exiting the FAE exhaust, so how does it reduce CO by 90% :confused: :confused:

stuartmcnair
03-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I must be missing something...

I can believe the noise reduction, but not the reduction of Carbon Monoxide. The exhaust gases still rise to the surface of the water after exiting the FAE exhaust, so how does it reduce CO by 90% :confused: :confused:

I think that is at the back of the boat...takes a minute for it to come back up..makes it safer on the surfer and people sitting on the back

M-Funf
03-20-2008, 04:08 PM
I think that is at the back of the boat...takes a minute for it to come back up..makes it safer on the surfer and people sitting on the back

I agree that it pushes the CO further behind the boat, but they claim that it REDUCES CO by 90%, which is BS.

swatguy
03-20-2008, 04:13 PM
yup marketing for ya.....just like 50 different water parks can claim they are the biggest. One beacuse it has the most water flow....One because they have the most square footage......one because the have the highest slide

I have no doubt it reduces the CO directly behind the boatand to the riders and think 90% is a legit number, but it for sure doesn't reduce the CO coming from the boat. Just redirects it away from the people to whom it does harm to. So will reduce the Co intake by a human probably 90%, but again the same amount of CO is still coming from the boat.......potato patato....... Again marketing at it's best :)

BUt I am sure it is not a "green" product :D

swatguy
03-20-2008, 04:19 PM
H20,

here are some skiers chiming on it for ya

"At go fast speeds I have a little rooster tail."

Show
I use my boat for slalom skiing too! So that might be a concern for me if it adversly affects my No wake time... at zero to 32 off do you think I would notice?

By Show (bigshow) on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 2:47 pm:

I think the roster only went 5 to 8 feet back, could be more, I don’t recall. It was a fairly small stream. I've always been a Wally so I don't know what's important to the slalom course guys.

By Art (rallyart) on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 4:44 pm:

I've pulled at 24' off at 34mph and didn't get any negative comments on spray. It's like a light shower and not for back. Not any worse when I'm going 42.
Noise difference is huge. I didn't get a dB meter out before I put it on but with it on I can talk (loudly) with a surfer.
Mine has not come loose at all over 110 hours with it on.

By leonard araujo (laraujo) on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 9:04 am:

Thanks folks, for the good info!

By davidgree (davidgree1) on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 6:59 pm:

I have one on my BU 2004 sunsetter lxi. I bought it to decrease the sound level and it probably reduced the noise 75%. We slalom at 34 up to 35 off and there is no spray at those line lengths.

By Montgomery (lovin_the_wake) on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 12:08 pm: