PDA

View Full Version : 05 Trailer question

OSUspenc99
03-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey everyone. I just got a spare for my trailer it is the exact same that is on the trailer. The only problem is that the tire will not fit on the mount without hitting the boat.

Any thoughts here? I talked to someone that said that some trailers need an extension?

Can anyone inform me please?

Thanks

TMCNo1
03-18-2008, 07:00 PM
A few washers on the top stud or a wheel spacer from a local wheel/tire store will give it clearance. I'd go with the spacer myself.

Ric
03-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Hey everyone. I just got a spare for my trailer it is the exact same that is on the trailer. The only problem is that the tire will not fit on the mount without hitting the boat.

Any thoughts here? I talked to someone that said that some trailers need an extension?

Can anyone inform me please?

Thanks I agree it's too close to the hull. We put a 1/4" thick spacer on the top mount lug and nothing on the bottom mont lug. This pushed the top away from the hull about 3/4" (which is still too close for me...)

It doesn't look funny mounted on the angle. Try it.

Some 04 trailers had the bracket welded lower onto the siderail of the trailer, but the welds broke away from the weight of the spare and it's leverage. THe bracket needs to be flush with the top of the siderail of the trailer for a good weld joint.