PDA

View Full Version : Best Wakeboard Brand Out There...?

wakeX2wake
03-18-2008, 04:05 PM
i'm curious to see what MC owners/loyalists have to think on the subject... which wakeboard mfg co out there makes the best board to date... feel free to grade on whatever criteria you see most essential... best pro model, best reliability, ultimate forgiveness, sweetest graphics (<--what a loser), etc. and please don't hesitate to state the basis for your opinion

I'll share mine... I can't find a board to beat the Ronix Ibex that's out now... it's got a pretty good turnability but it's got serious pop and it's fun to ride b/c surface tricks that add style points are effortless... o yea and it looks pretty sweet too

ProTour X9
03-18-2008, 04:09 PM
I voted CWB because thats all we have and we mostly have Connelly skis which have never done us wrong..... I have heard really good things about Ronix though too..

corey
03-18-2008, 04:13 PM
My current set up is a Ronix Frontier with Liquid Force Vantage bindings.

Lennyp04
03-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Current set up: 2007 Ronix Vault 144 with CWB Faction bindings. Hoping to sell the CWBs soon and get the Ronix Ones!

flipper
03-18-2008, 05:45 PM
I like the cwb the best

Toober Tom
03-18-2008, 08:06 PM
I like my Iccon

JoshBuzz
03-18-2008, 08:34 PM
C Dub's never done me wrong, but I'm a big fan of Hyperlite and HO. They stand behind their product, I've got a Tribute and there's always butter soft landings, it breaks free really easily, and I'm not really concerned with the graphics. I'm not very impressed by Ronix's products I've seen liners in the one boots break out, and seen the boots break off the board. not just at the screws but the whole plate snapped. I like slingshot a lot to, and I'm about to order my response and my PB floyds!!

JKTX21
03-18-2008, 09:48 PM
I've rode Hyperlite since I started riding. They have always taken care of any problems I've had with the gear and my stuff has held up well. I really like some of the Liquid Force boards, but haven't made the jump.

damaged442
03-18-2008, 09:55 PM
I really like my LF Trip 138. The board has taken whatever's been thrown at it. The bindings on it originally were the Pro Suctions, and they sucked. They dry rotted in two years and basically disintegrated. I emailed LF numerous times as I felt it was absolutely ridiculous that they would come apart so fast. No response at all!!! So, I put Hyperlite Byerlys on it...much better.

loeweb
03-18-2008, 09:56 PM
I have only wakeborded twice in my life and took two worse falls on a hyperlite than any ski I have ever owned or borrowed so they get my vote.

swatguy
03-18-2008, 11:32 PM
If I could b=vote I would vote purely for Liquid force not because they are the best but the have the most t o offer as a company with pretty much a boot or board for anyone.

Their technology and array of different items I would say puts them in the realm of Burton snowboard gear. It's a one stop shop for pretty much everything wake. If you need it for wakeboarding LF makes it. They have been always at the forefront.

With tha being said I ride a CWB board with LF bindings and will probably be switching to Slingshot this summer.

As for the Ronix stuff they were new to the industry as a company last year (07) and their stuff had some huge issues. Their customer service was above average I would say for all the problems they did have. With the guys making their gear, the pro riders they have, and the way their product is going I can only assume it will be better for 2008, but their 2007 gear fell apart for sure when pushed to the limits, but their bindings are some of the most comfortable on the market if you ask me and their boards are unique in the way the ride and land.....just not proven enough yet for us unsponsored people like myself if you ask me

I know I am gonna get blasted for saying this but here goes...........Wakeboards are like boats in a sense as it it all personal preference. Some like MC wakes other prefer Nauti. Is eithe gonna let you down......HECK NO! but some offer different things than others. And some loyalties are strong as well.

JoshBuzz
03-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Hype has just as much to offer if not more technology than LF, just saying. this is coming from someone who lives and breathes wakeboarding. The sub 6 is some of the most revolutionary technology out there, and for those that didn't know, Byerly boards are made by Hype. the new Byerly Monarch with the PVC core is amazing, the new B-Side is twenty times better than the premier, the Roam was revolutionary, the Murray is the first dual core deck out there, and the bindings have some of the best foot beds, and are secured better to the board than any other company. The skates are second to none, the Byerly Legacy is one of the top, the catalyst is another amazing skate, and their surfers are great to.

LF has some good stuff, the new press board, the vantage bindings, their new bi-level skate, but they don't even compare to Hype when it comes to tech. You're right wakeboards are like boats in a sense, I have no problem with LF, just like I have no problem with Nautiques(Malibu's are a different story...) but just like MC's are ahead in tech and customer service, so is Hype!!

:D:D:D

lazypiper
03-19-2008, 08:19 AM
I was going to pick LF. Like someone else said it's like buying Burton. I voted for Hyperlite for there customer service. I had a pair of Era bindings last year and got hurt pretty bad. I called them to let them know about it and they have been sending me bindings to tryout. They have called me to make sure I'm happy with what they have sent. They don't even want the old ones back till I find a set I'm happy with. Just on that alone they have my vote. They really stand behind there product.

whitlecj
03-19-2008, 09:04 AM
I am really liking my new slingshot setup. Great board and boots.

wakeX2wake
03-19-2008, 10:27 AM
well i just did it!!! got my ronix ibex board and relic boots ordered... they'll be here before my boat is ready and it's going to kill me... may have to ride a few times behind the nauti 'til Rambo gets my toy ready

SPLIFF
03-19-2008, 02:03 PM
in my opinion I would have to go with cwb I started out with the traditional blade runner (recieved from troy navarro at lone star water ski school and I watched Shannon Best ride while i was there i had a great time there)then to my favorite board the T2 a honeycomb that cuts hard and was very light. but i broke it when attempting a dock slide. the next board i get will be a cwb not sure which model yet. i have used a liquid force and hyperlight they were good boards I do not remember what model they were. for now i will go old school back to the blade runner basically the same molding as the T2 with out the twin tip and a little heavier, but if i could do half of what i have seen mr Best on this board i would be happy

stuartmcnair
03-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I had a hard time voting. I have a Liquid Force board and Hyperlite 3ds bindings and I think the setup is perfect.

But, I absolutely suck at wakeboarding so take that with a grain of salt.

ontrider
03-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I think a lot of people are liking the new stuff from Liquid Force, myself I still ride a couple old double up boards - Greg Nelson shape and it is amazing! I've also got a few Hyperlites (Premier / Roam) and they are also really solid boards. For bindings... Liquid Force all the way!

Jerseydave
03-20-2008, 08:35 PM
I have a LF Watson (autographed by him last year @ Brostock) and my son has a LF Trip. I like their choices of boards and like them as a company. My first intro to them was @ Lake Wallenpaupack when the LF "trip across america" motorhome and riders were there for free demo boards to ride and a free clinic! For the ladies, they also have the LF Maven riding clinics with the female LF pro riders which is a pretty cool thing. Awesome riders on their team like this guy:

mccobmd
03-23-2008, 12:20 PM
I have a LF team 142 and really like the hold on the edge.

mcrider
03-23-2008, 12:37 PM
For boards hyperlite and for bindings i have to go with LF

Maristar210
03-23-2008, 04:47 PM
For boards hyperlite and for bindings i have to go with LF

ditto.......

Cousin_Jeff
03-27-2008, 10:47 AM
I will third that statement. I have Hyperlite State 140 but I have LF bindings. They are so much more comfortable than any other binding I have tried. I have to give Hyperlite and Ambush (board company in ATL) credit though. I bought a Hyperlite board and the color was bleeding onto my boat. Long story but the boat came clean and Hyperlite sent me a new year model of the same board with zero hassle. They stood behind their product and replaced it no questions asked. However, in my encounters with the team riders, Liquid Force is incredible group of people. Not only are they great people to be around, the company is doing great things like the Maven sessions to coach girls into getting into the sport. They really seem to look out for thier customer base and that is why I like them so much.

wakeX2wake
03-27-2008, 10:53 AM
I've always rode hyperlite until I rode a friend's ronix 1 board... got to doing some looking around and i just got my ibex board in... i ordered the relic boots... not too sure if i'm keeping them or not... they don't come up very high and i need the support as my ankles have been in rough shape for several years now

coz
03-27-2008, 11:16 AM
We go LF only. Did anyone start on one of these in the early/mid 90's? The pre runner to Hyperlite. I still have my original skurfer from the 80's too.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2052/2366708504_287799580a_b.jpg
:wavey:

wakeX2wake
03-27-2008, 11:30 AM
man i had one that looked A LOT like that one (same directional shape)... sandal bindings... i'm going to have to dig it out of the attic and see what it rides like w/ some real bindings on it... i'm betting it sucks riding switch on

justflyem
03-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Liquid Force! Hyperlite=Hyperheavy

mpwonka
04-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Hyperlite is excellent ! I had a Ronix One rode it 5 times and broke it on a backroll, Dealer gave my money back . Went back to Hyperlite

Holman J.B.F
04-19-2008, 02:12 AM
we use J-Star boards at our club,...kind of fool proof and if it breaks we get new ones that same day.Afterservice is way better than all the other brands,...well at least in europe.

wakeboarderx30
04-21-2008, 02:26 AM
Been riding LF for about 5 years now and will keep riding them. Never broken a board but ripped all four nuts from the bottom of a pail of transits. It was not an ordinary crash though. Have had really good luck with liquid force.

Currently i'm on a 133 Fish and 133 PS3. I didn't listen to lf to go with a 10cm shorter board. I just got the same size as my other board. Well it worked out pretty well actually, the landings are smooth and forgiving. My knees don't take half the shock from other boards but the pop is amazing. Both boards have a great ride and held up over the years.