PDA

View Full Version : Floating Battery

sk8salomon
03-16-2008, 11:00 PM
well not really, but i went to take my battery out of my '07 PS197 TT and found about 2 inches of water in there. my old '89 PS190 has access to the bilge area under the battery tray so i just drilled small holes in each corner so water would drain out. is this the same case for my new boat? i'd hate to drill in the battery tray and find holes in the bottom of the boat.

JKTX21
03-17-2008, 12:32 AM
If I understand correctly, the battery holders are sealed in the event battery fluid or acid were to leak out of the battery?

sizzler
03-17-2008, 03:57 AM
i get lots of water in my battery box on my X9.....was told in no uncertain tones not to drill holes in the bottom.....hav to wet-vac it out.....or turn the boat upside-down and let it drain over night:D

sk8salomon
03-17-2008, 08:06 AM
If I understand correctly, the battery holders are sealed in the event battery fluid or acid were to leak out of the battery?

well, that depends on what you mean by sealed! if you mean a stupid plastic cover over the battery with a strap and holes for wires, then yes. if you mean it shouldn't drain out the bottom then i understand.

Ric
03-17-2008, 10:38 AM
well, that depends on what you mean by sealed! if you mean a stupid plastic cover over the battery with a strap and holes for wires, then yes. if you mean it shouldn't drain out the bottom then i understand. was that a shot?

Sodar
03-17-2008, 10:40 AM
was that a shot?

Sounds like it!

Yellow X9
03-17-2008, 10:44 AM
i get lots of water in my battery box on my X9.....was told in no uncertain tones not to drill holes in the bottom.....hav to wet-vac it out.....or turn the boat upside-down and let it drain over night:D

I got an 05 X9, and trying to figure out how you get lots of water in yo battery box. Mine stays dry.