PDA

View Full Version : New POLL! Which Era or style of MC are the BEST ski boats?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-15-2008, 11:55 AM
OK, there has been alot of debate over this topic. OK, I think we ALL agree that MC makes the best ski boats on the planet but what era of MC ski boats is actually the BEST ski boat? the Best wake, the best quality, the ease of maintanence, just the best all around ski boat. ALot of people want to know this. I get several PM's a month of people asking me this because I have a high post count and figure I know alot of stuff like Eastie, Harold, and Erk. (notice I did not include Ric in that list)

SO what is the BEST of the BEST???

so People really need to voice their opinions here and vote in the poll.

Lets hear it!

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 12:03 PM
I am going with the 02 and newer 190/197's but the 91-94's 190/205 have a real close 2nd (they have a better hole shot).....

03-15-2008, 12:06 PM
WHY do you think the 02 and newer are better? I cant believe you would say that. the old S & S boats are clearly the best ski boats on the water.

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 12:10 PM
WHY do you think the 02 and newer are better? I cant believe you would say that. the old S & S boats are clearly the best ski boats on the water.TRACKING!!!!

Really hard and strong pull

Creature comforts

Great wake table

Side Spray

Anyother questions????

TX.X-30 fan
03-15-2008, 12:11 PM
I FEEL DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I FEEL DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:PM me your address and I will send you a Hallmark card!!! 8p

03-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I FEEL DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:
Puleeez. X30, whats your whine now? want some cheese iwth that whine? every time I start a good thread, you have to whine about it.

Why do you feel descriminated against? I didnt exclude any race, creed, or religion here? I dont descriminate.

03-15-2008, 12:18 PM
TRACKING!!!!

Really hard and strong pull

Creature comforts

Great wake table

Side Spray

Anyother questions????

Johnny, your so twisted you need a reversable drill to straighen you out. Creature comforts? you are such a sissy. SKI BOATS! not luxury cars! SKI BOATS. tractors. they pull, and thats IT! they dont need heaters, big stereos, ETc.....

and you think that older boats arent a strong pull?? how can you say that?

TX.X-30 fan
03-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Puleeez. X30, whats your whine now? want some cheese iwth that whine? every time I start a good thread, you have to whine about it.

Why do you feel descriminated against? I didnt exclude any race, creed, or religion here? I dont descriminate.

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Johnny, your so twisted you need a reversable drill to straighen you out. Creature comforts? you are such a sissy. SKI BOATS! not luxury cars! SKI BOATS. tractors. they pull, and thats IT! they dont need heaters, big stereos, ETc.....

and you think that older boats arent a strong pull?? how can you say that?
I didn't say older ski boats didn't have strong pulls.

Creature comforts are for they guys that go out all day not the guys that ski a few sets and call it good and put the boat up.

03-15-2008, 12:29 PM
X30, speak your piece, dont just post crying smilies.

03, real skiers dont need those creature comforts. just more stuff to go wrong.

TX.X-30 fan
03-15-2008, 12:31 PM
This thread has no balance and thus in discriminatory!!

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 12:32 PM
X30, speak your piece, dont just post crying smilies.

03, real skiers dont need those creature comforts. just more stuff to go wrong.
Well I know lots of "Fake Skiers" that love all the goodies in the newer boats.....

I'm not saying the older MCs are bad boats just the new ones are better.

TX.X-30 fan
03-15-2008, 12:35 PM
It looks to me like you are trying bring out the skidog in me!!!!

Where are the damn X boats in your gay little poll HUH!!!!!!

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 12:37 PM
It looks to me like you are trying bring out the skidog in me!!!!

Where are the damn X boats in your gay little poll HUH!!!!!!

Just in case your dealer forgot to tell you. The X boats are wakeboard boats not ski boats......

TX.X-30 fan
03-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Just in case your dealer forgot to tell you. The X boats are wakeboard boats not ski boats......

Duel purpose boats ski, wakeboard, wakesurf, wakeskate, They do it all. What DA would want a single purpose boat???? I mean besides Hump!!

What the hell do you know anyway your in otawa or some crap place like that?? 8p

pram
03-15-2008, 12:47 PM

TruDat

Now back to the issue at hand

91-94 Hands down. Pull like a mule, tiny little bump at the back

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 12:48 PM
TruDat

Now back to the issue at hand

91-94 Hands down. Pull like a mule, tiny little bump at the backWhat do you know your Canadian...... 8p

TMCNo1
03-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I guess I'm just partial, back to the day when Ski Boats were just that and the driver was the driver in all respects and the sound the boats made was like no other.

TX.X-30 fan
03-15-2008, 12:51 PM
What do you know your Canadian...... 8p

Sh!t 35th, laughing my a$$ off!!!! :D

pram
03-15-2008, 12:57 PM
What do you know your Canadian...... 8p

Short summer no time for anything but skiing therefore no reason to have one of dem der fance bots onde tim fer de best

justinglow
03-15-2008, 01:03 PM
I have had a few Mastercraft's. 1978, 1986, 1993 and now a 98 Sportstar. My brother has an 85 S&S. They have all been great boats, but there is just nothing else like a Stars and Stripes from the 80's. The look and sound is incredible.

03-15-2008, 01:09 PM

Olson Johnson is right aobut Howard Johnson being right.

Wakeboard boats are a fad, and arent real ski boats anyway. they dont really matter.

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 01:11 PM

Wakeboard boats are a fad, and arent real ski boats anyway. they dont really matter.What are you saying???? They are all going to end up like the TriStars.....

03-15-2008, 01:13 PM
What are you saying???? They are all going to end up like the TriStars.....

Hey now, tristars are great boats. they are better than wakeboats.

wakeboats are just big tanks that you cant do anything with. they are big and cumbersome.

They are just a fad. this whole wakeboarding thing is a fad. it will pass....

and people will go back to real ski boats.

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey now, tristars are great boats. they are better than wakeboats.

wakeboats are just big tanks that you cant do anything with. they are big and cumbersome.

They are just a fad. this whole wakeboarding thing is a fad. it will pass....

and people will go back to real ski boats.I don't know, they sure do sell a lot of V-drive boats these days. More V-drive than DDs the last I herd

ShamrockIV
03-15-2008, 01:43 PM

Wakeboard boats are a fad, and arent real ski boats anyway. they dont really matter.

amen bro!!!!!(did i actually agree with UMP?? note to self- see shrink on monday!)
Direct Drive all the way!!!!

loeweb
03-15-2008, 02:34 PM
From a true skiing standpoint, you've gotta love the older boats, myself included. When ski boats were made as Harold said for one purpose and that was to ski. You can't fit the neighborhood in them and for good reason. If you want to ski come on out. If you want to sit and gab with the other women take a seat on the shore while the few of us that ski because we love it not because we're great at it but because we love it then come on out. If you want to ride around and look cool staring at the rider doing inverts all day then go ahead and be a fat sac. For me personally I bought my boat for very few reasons 1. I love to ski and wanted to be able to do it when I wanted. 2. I am not worried about passers by that look at my baby and say where's the stereo. and 3. I could afford it and the reviews were great.

ShamrockIV
03-15-2008, 02:59 PM
From a true skiing standpoint, you've gotta love the older boats, myself included. When ski boats were made as Harold said for one purpose and that was to ski. You can't fit the neighborhood in them and for good reason. If you want to ski come on out. If you want to sit and gab with the other women take a seat on the shore while the few of us that ski because we love it not because we're great at it but because we love it then come on out. If you want to ride around and look cool staring at the rider doing inverts all day then go ahead and be a fat sac. For me personally I bought my boat for very few reasons 1. I love to ski and wanted to be able to do it when I wanted. 2. I am not worried about passers by that look at my baby and say where's the stereo. and 3. I could afford it and the reviews were great.

and the congregation says "Amen!!"

JohnE
03-15-2008, 03:15 PM
I don't have any first hand knowledge, but let me ask this. What is all the hype about the 91 - 94? I recently asked a very knowledgeable guy about them and he said you couldn't give him one of those boats. The wake wasn't what it is all cracked up to be. He did say that they were a very nice boat to drive, though.

03-15-2008, 03:20 PM

thank you Loeweb for posting some of the wisest words I have ever read here.

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't have any first hand knowledge, but let me ask this. What is all the hype about the 91 - 94? I recently asked a very knowledgeable guy about them and he said you couldn't give him one of those boats. The wake wasn't what it is all cracked up to be. He did say that they were a very nice boat to drive, though.
Thanks JohnE for some light on this subject.

Maristar210
03-15-2008, 03:27 PM
This thread is gey

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 03:29 PM
This thread is geyShut Up you bald Elton John Wanna be...... 8p

03-15-2008, 03:31 PM
For real ?

Maristar210
03-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Shut Up you bald Elton John Wanna be...... 8p

Listen here Johnny, what the hell do you know you are like 19 years old or something. You need to zip it until you're at least 35 :) ;)

h2oskifreak
03-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Voted for the 91-94 Prostars, but my heart is w/ the older S & S's. They seem more solid and less plastic than the newer generation. I have to say the 91-94's I have driven and skied behind seemed more skier and driver friendly. I have had tracking issues w/ some of the older S & S's, but they turn my crank like no other and that is why I own what I own. Not to say that if $ was absolutely no object, I wouldn't like a little newer boat for the creature comforts. My 2 cents.

JohnE
03-15-2008, 03:43 PM
For real ?

Yep, for real. That's why I'm throwing it out for discussion. Anyone with a 91-94 going to csm so I can see for myself?

BrianM
03-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Your poll does not go along with the hull changes. Should be 95-97 then 98-00 then 01-Present

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Listen here Johnny, what the hell do you know you are like 19 years old or something. You need to zip it until you're at least 35 :) ;)You'll be in a rocking-chair by the time I'm 35.... 8p

JohnE
03-15-2008, 03:48 PM

Exactly - from a true skiing standpoint.

But when I'm done with my half hour or so of skiing, I personally like to spend the rest of the day on the water. With some friends and family, drinking a few cold boy's, sitting in the sun, trying to learn to wakeboard so I can figure out what all the hype is about, etc., etc. If I lived on a lake I'd have a nice small MC just for slalom and something else for the rest of the time. But I don't live on a lake. But none of this rambling has anything to do with the OP, so carry on...:)

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Your poll does not go along with the hull changes. Should be 95-97 then 98-00 then 01-PresentUMP made the poll so what do you expect???? :confused:

ProTour X9
03-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Can't say I possess a lot of knowledge in this area but I voted 91-94. 87-89 were good looking, but cramped inside.

TMCNo1
03-15-2008, 04:38 PM
"87-89 were good looking, but cramped inside", but sat like a sports car, not like a pimpmobile!

03 35th Anniversary
03-15-2008, 05:05 PM
"87-89 were good looking, but cramped inside", but sat like a sports car, not like a pimpmobile!Please feel free to tell us more..... :uglyhamme

JohnE
03-15-2008, 05:14 PM
"87-89 were good looking, but cramped inside", but sat like a sports car, not like a pimpmobile!

Yeah, but in '89 I didn't take up nearly as much room as I do now...

BrianM
03-15-2008, 05:27 PM
I have to say that right now the 95-97 Prostar has got to be the best bang for the buck slalom tug going. Excellent wake, no spray, fuel injection and a little more interior room, comfort and storage than the earlier boats.

TMCNo1
03-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah, but in '89 I didn't take up nearly as much room as I do now...

What a nice way to say that!:rolleyes:

fintek9
03-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Short summer no time for anything but skiing therefore no reason to have one of dem der fance bots onde tim fer de bestHey, I'm sitting here minding my own and you bring me into this!! So My name in Canadian is spelled the same huh!...cool...Cause I can't read the rest, Did'nt take french in school:rolleyes:

atlfootr
03-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Well this is TOTAL BULL****, it's no dout WTH DIDN'T relply to this thread ... or should I say DID 8p
2.25% atlfootr (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=1049), va3igh (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=9682)
Barefoot 200 models http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/mc2006/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/mc2006/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/mc2006/images/polls/bar3-r.gif 2 (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=377) ppl

TMCNo1
03-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Well this is TOTAL BULL****, it's no dout WTH DIDN'T replied to this thread ... or should I say DID 8p
2.25% atlfootr (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=1049), va3igh (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=9682)
Barefoot 200 models http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/mc2006/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/mc2006/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/mc2006/images/polls/bar3-r.gif 2 (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=377) ppl

Rob, if you keep smoking that crap, it's gonna kill ya!

atlfootr
03-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Rob, if you keep smoking that crap, it's gonna kill ya!It's definilty amazing how quickly you had to leave us, after your post ....
Past your "bedtime" perhaps :rolleyes:

pilot02
03-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Well I know lots of "Fake Skiers" that love all the goodies in the newer boats.....

I'm not saying the older MCs are bad boats just the new ones are better.

Tell me that when your replacing your fuel pumps and I'm skiing... :rolleyes:

Sodar
03-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I have to say that right now the 95-97 Prostar has got to be the best bang for the buck slalom tug going. Excellent wake, no spray, fuel injection and a little more interior room, comfort and storage than the earlier boats.

Definitely sweet boats!

On more of a personal level.... I remember in 1994 when our next door neighbor came home with a brand new 1995 PS 190 with the LT-1. Being a pretty little kid at the time, I always thought of this boat as being THE MasterCraft.... for me! The neighbors were just a young husband and wife (the wife wasa hottie) and they would come up to the lake for the weekend alone, without an observer. They would drive by our dock and ask if anyone wanted to observe for them. It was always the BIGGEST fight for all of us kids to get to go on a run. So much so, that they would take one run with one kid, then come back and take the next one.

Just the look of the 95-97 PS 190's made me want one so badly, that when one came up for sale 10 years later, I got one and loved every second of it!

With that said though, I LOVE my new boat. I love it so much, that I can see myself holding onto it just as long as some members have here (ie. Ski King, Chudson and TMCNo1). I know I probably lost a bit of money buying brand new, but the experience of being able to order the colors, options, etc. just the way I want was really cool. I am sure my '07 will be around at least another 15 years... probably longer! The PS 197 ability to ski, to hold 5-6 pasengers comfortably, and the looks are top notch in my opinion.

chudson
03-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Got an 81 S&S, never skied behind any another ski boat. I am a purely novice skier and I love the way my boat skis, the way it looks , the way it looks setting in the water. I really enjoy the fact that I can reach out and grab the water with little effort cause it sits low (like TMC#1 says "A sports car") in the water. I know the wakes and power have improved with the new models and I could have traded up along the line but I am real glad I never did. I really enjoy my boat just the way it is!!! Good thread UMP, have enjoyed seeing what everyone has to say!!!

liledgy
03-17-2008, 08:11 PM
I would love to have a new MC but with 3 kids in h.s. and jr. h. I'll have to settle for my 83 ss. NO question it has the most bang for the buck. I do have a slight rooster tail at 22 off but it disapears at 28. Since I don't spend the whole day in the boat (in and out) it is the most comfotable boat to ski in. What I mean isme and my passenger and maybe one more will ski a set and then go back to the dock, theirs nothing better than running up along the side of a ski or anything else and be able to reach down and pick it up and put behind you. Something I couldn't do on my 87 slot or my 88 american skier advance. I agree with the lack of room in the 87-90 prostars especially be hind drivers seat. Otherwise that was an awesome performing boat. I have skied behind the newer boats and my son has skied the current models in tournaments but really havn't spent enough time in them to comment but I'm sure I would like them. But, for no more than 1/6 of the money you can have a SS that skis at a very high level. That to me makes it one of the best. I also never found that tracking to be a problem on the SS. Some ski, turn accelerate, idle etc. better than others and thats inclusive to all boats but as a whole you can't beat the SS.

03-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Tell me that when your replacing your fuel pumps and I'm skiing... :rolleyes:

Oooooo! and Pilot scores!!! 2 points. SWISH!!! nothing but net!

TX.X-30 fan
03-17-2008, 10:02 PM
I just can't see for the life of me how UMP is able to type, and beyond that youse guys can write novels about these little ski botes!! 8p

Ric
03-18-2008, 09:09 AM
whoever this squirrel "upper michigan prostar 190" is, wrote this poll like a hillary phone poll.
Surely this guy knows there were no 197's in '99? Of course he knew that, so he lumped the last 9 years of hull changes into one category... smarttt.

Ric
03-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Edit: BrianM beat me to it. that u.m.p. guy must be canadian

Workin' 4 Toys
03-18-2008, 09:32 AM
There should be a similar poll about the trailers.

Ric
03-18-2008, 12:23 PM
There should be a similar poll about the trailers. There may as well be, since this one is so poorly done.

Sodar
03-18-2008, 12:44 PM
There may as well be, since this one is so poorly done.

Do you know the time table for trailer design? I think the 1994 model ran through sometime around 2000ish. :confused: Looks like we have a few years for them to redesign. Maybe my 50th anniversary 197 will be sitting on a newly redesigned chariot!

Ric
03-18-2008, 12:52 PM
There is somethieng about the 07 trailer. It's not obvious, but it works way better than the 04 & 05 trailers worked for me.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-18-2008, 01:00 PM
There may as well be, since this one is so poorly done.
Agreed.....

Sodar
03-18-2008, 01:02 PM
There is somethieng about the 07 trailer. It's not obvious, but it works way better than the 04 & 05 trailers worked for me.

I am beginning to learn the quirks of it. You have to be deceptively (sp?) far out of the water when loading. I also find that by bow eye ALWAYS hits the v-block when unloading... I need to figure out how to avoid this out, because it is starting to beat up my v-block carpet.

Ric
03-18-2008, 01:09 PM
well I avoid the vee block problem by dunking the trailer first then pulling forward to locate the fenders in relation to the water level.

hitting the vee block during launching definitely means the trailer is too deep.

If you don't dunk first, you'll have to power more than I like in order to get off the trailer.

loading it's a good idea to dunk first if the trailer's been in the sun all day (dry).

If you're too deep when loading, the bow will catch the boat buddy guide too low OR the spare tire rubber, and you'll be retrying or hand winching....

I think the angle of the ramp changes the depth necessary for these theories to work, since the angle of the ramp in relation to the waterlevel is really the reason the vee bunk catches the bow eye when launching... We're just compensating for the angle with trailer depth..

All that said, this is wayy more complicated than a trailer should be IMO, BUT I'll say the 07 requires less effort than my older trailers did... :confused:

03-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Trailers .

Sodar
03-18-2008, 01:12 PM
well I avoid the vee block problem by dunking the trailer first then pulling forward to locate the fenders in relation to the water level.

hitting the vee block during launching definitely means the trailer is too deep.

If you don't dunk first, you'll have to power more than I like in order to get off the trailer.

loading it's a good idea to dunk first if the trailer's been in the sun all day (dry).

If you're too deep when loading, the bow will catch the boat buddy guide too low OR the spare tire rubber, and you'll be retrying or hand winching....

I think the angle of the ramp changes the depth necessary for these theories to work, since the angle of the ramp in relation to the waterlevel is really the reason the vee bunk catches the bow eye when launching... We're just compensating for the angle with trailer depth..

All that said, this is wayy more complicated than a trailer should be IMO, BUT I'll say the 07 requires less effort than my older trailers did... :confused:

So basically, I dunk first, get everything nice and wet, then pull the trailer out and let the boat settle back to the center of the bunks and then back off? :confused:

Workin' 4 Toys
03-18-2008, 01:17 PM
(dunk) Bunks wet. Pull out til the water is just below the tops of the fenders. Then load the boat with a little momemtum.

Sodar
03-18-2008, 01:19 PM
(dunk) Bunks wet. Pull out til the water is just below the tops of the fenders. Then load the boat with a little momemtum.

I know how to load it! I have no problems... it is unloading that I hit the V-block

Ric
03-18-2008, 01:22 PM
So basically, I dunk first, get everything nice and wet, then pull the trailer out and let the boat settle back to the center of the bunks and then back off? :confused: Out, no... up to the location where the fenders are just 4 or 5 inches out of the water(give or take for your ramp angle) and you are good.

Here's how I tell... When you're in the boat and it's starting to float a bit in the back, you are probably just right. Floating more than just a bit in the back, and you will most likely catch the bow eye on the vee on your way off. Make sense?

Sodar
03-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Sure does! I will have to try it next time out! I think the problem is that my ramp is so effing steep! When I put the boat in, I get water in through the billet stern vents because of the angle .....

TX.X-30 fan
03-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Sure does! I will have to try it next time out! I think the problem is that my ramp is so effing steep! When I put the boat in, I get water in through the billet stern vents because of the angle .....

Sounds like the ticket, never have a problem except on steep ramps.

Sodar
03-18-2008, 01:42 PM
It is still a pain!

Ric
03-18-2008, 01:50 PM
This thread got gay ......

atlfootr
03-19-2008, 09:48 AM
For any of you guy's that would like to think your "a footer" or would like to call yourself "a footer" DON'T,
I've got news for you me and va3igh are the only "true blue barefooters" on this board :rolleyes:

Barefoot 200 models http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/mc2006/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/mc2006/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/mc2006/images/polls/bar3-r.gif atlfootr (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=1049), va3igh (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=9682)
21.29%

Workin' 4 Toys
03-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Sodar, your solution is much more obvious. To get less of an approach angle,
You need a Chevy 3500 Dually with Air Ride suspension to drop the front of the trailer on the ramp.;) Better get some titanuim skid plates attached to that hitch...:rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
03-19-2008, 12:34 PM
For any of you guy's that would like to think your "a footer" or would like to call yourself "a footer" DON'T,
I've got news for you me and va3igh are the only "true blue barefooters" on this board :rolleyes:

Barefoot 200 models http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/mc2006/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/mc2006/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/mc2006/images/polls/bar3-r.gif atlfootr (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=1049), va3igh (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=9682)
21.29%

No disagreements here.

Sodar
03-19-2008, 12:35 PM
I LIKE your thinking!! I think I could bag the trailer too and raise the trailer, to get less of an angle also!

Ric
03-19-2008, 01:12 PM
I've got news for you me and va3igh are the only "true blue barefooters" on this board

21.29% Now how many of you posers were thinking of yourselves as footers? YOU have been called out! And shame on all of you for thinking so too:cool:

03-19-2008, 01:35 PM

21.29%

First off,

what would Gene say about that comment? He wouldnt be proud of your bragging nature.

second, How do you KNOW your the only true blue footers here? what if there are some TRUE BLUE FOOTERS that just lurk and havent spoke up here? What if Ron Scarpa, or Mike Siepel, or Keith St. Onge hugn around here and didnt make their presence known?

and third, what is the definition of a "true" footer? should we set up some kind of test for people so they can call themselves true blue footers? maybe we should issues them colors like in martial arts where they different colored belts, and the mods issued those colors on their title, that way we would know who we are dealing with. would that work?

03-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Now how many of you posers were thinking of yourselves as footers? YOU have been called out! And shame on all of you for thinking so too
I thought Rockman was a footer. :confused: but apparently he aint. :confused:

Bummer. Rock is a good guy too. :(

Better Sell your Barefoot 200 Rock. :(

Rockman
03-19-2008, 02:03 PM
I thought Rockman was a footer. :confused: but apparently he aint. :confused:

Bummer. Rock is a good guy too.

Better Sell your Barefoot 200 Rock. :(

I guess I'd rather be considered a "Fake Footer" and have people on this board lconsider me a good guy as opposed to calling only myself a "True Footer" and have everyone on this board consider me an A$$hole.

Take the good, you take the bad I guess.

Just my :twocents:

Hollywood
03-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Sodar, you can put the trailer in EXTRA deep to get the v-block below the bow eye. Instead of dunking then pulling out, keep dunking it'll foat off! You said you use steep ramps so this is easy without putting half the truck in the water.

Sodar
03-19-2008, 02:50 PM
I could, however, I launch into river current and it would put that one side of the boat against the guides... not to mention, the top of the guides would be at about the waterline of the boat!

Hollywood
03-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Well then, I don't know what else would help that hasn't been mentioned besides fabbing up some kind of v-block for the v-block!

Ric
03-19-2008, 07:00 PM
2 things about that hollywood. If you dunk the trailer without someone in the boat, then you should not disconnect the bow eye. If you dunk the trailer with someone in the boat, it's to your discretion.

If the boat floats off with dunking, then problem solved..... :wink:

Again, all of this is way more effort than you should be required to make, I will be the first to agree.

03-19-2008, 07:37 PM
How to real footers dunk their trailer in? cuz thats how I want to dunk my trailer, even if I am not a footer.

atlfootr
03-19-2008, 08:32 PM
My bad UPM, I should of read the question twice, you asked which Era or style of MC are the BEST ski boats, not barefoot boats :o
IMHO, the Barefoot 200's beat all the others hands down in barefoot wake performance.

BTW, you won't ever see Scarpa on here -- did ya forget. his a MAUI Man,
Mike S. has more important things to do w/ his time and if KSO showed his face he'd agree w/ me.

atlfootr
03-20-2008, 10:23 AM
I should of checked the '93 MC Brochure before posting my last post ...
Seems that MasterCraft of all ppl agreed w/ me as well :D

Hollywood
03-20-2008, 10:30 AM
IMHO, the Barefoot 200's beat all the others hands down in barefoot wake performance.

Really???

Sodar/Ric, trailer sounds like it's got some geometry issues that you've both tried to work out. I'll pinch it off and turn with the wind.