PDA

View Full Version : Life of an Administrator

coz
03-14-2008, 01:07 PM
So I used TT as an example today on another message board I'm on.
First let me say I've been a member on this board for years and last year the administrator at the time was Scott Bass who is also the editor of the magazine decided to take the board in different directions and alot of the regs/locals especially the real old timers didn't like it so they voiced out and next thing you know he banned everyone. Well we have teamed up and talked to Scott and everyone is back but we had to go with new user names (I guess so SB could save face). A few months back a new admin. was appointed (Mike Davis) and the welcome hasn't been very good. Rough crowd over here.

Here's a quote from a post, Scott Bass is aka Bassy
last year, before bassy went on his pogrom, the "surfer discussion" area almost always had 125+ viewers, sometimes as many as 200.

now, you never see it hit 100. so hits are way down.

less controversy, less variety, less funny stuff, less trolls.

what are they selling? lots more bland!

"here's what started it"
http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB1&Number=1334322&page=0&fpart=1

"bashing here"
http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB1&Number=1334640&page=0&fpart=1

Just thought I'd share what it's like on the other side. :D

flipper
03-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Sounds like you should stay on this side of the fence to me Coz...too much drama for me

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-14-2008, 01:28 PM
work work work work.

Right Ric?

flipper
03-14-2008, 01:43 PM
I thought for sure ump was going to ask if they were kicked off for being stoned

03-14-2008, 01:54 PM
I thought for sure ump was going to ask if they were kicked off for being stoned

No, never, never.

milkmania
03-14-2008, 02:23 PM
So I used TT as an example today on another message board I'm on.
First let me say I've been a member on this board for years and last year the administrator at the time was Scott Bass who is also the editor of the magazine decided to take the board in different directions and alot of the regs/locals especially the real old timers didn't like it so they voiced out and next thing you know he banned everyone. Well we have teamed up and talked to Scott and everyone is back but we had to go with new user names (I guess so SB could save face). A few months back a new admin. was appointed (Mike Davis) and the welcome hasn't been very good. Rough crowd over here.

Here's a quote from a post, Scott Bass is aka Bassy

"here's what started it"
http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB1&Number=1334322&page=0&fpart=1

"bashing here"
http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB1&Number=1334640&page=0&fpart=1

Just thought I'd share what it's like on the other side. :D

in the first link.......
I'd be banning "justsomeone" for that quoting quote crap!:rolleyes:

I know I do it from time to time, but dayem!

coz
03-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Sounds like you should stay on this side of the fence to me Coz...too much drama for me

Yeah! this side of the fence is good I like the G Rating :D of this side.

in the first link.......
I'd be banning "justsomeone" for that quoting quote crap!

You aint kidding! like I said rough crowd over there. :)

03-14-2008, 04:23 PM
in the first link.......

What????????

03-14-2008, 04:23 PM
in the first link.......

What????????

RexDog1
03-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Yes a life as administer is hard………….. We had the same problem with a car form I help administrate we, Kicked everybody off, and they had to use there real name as there form name to log back on, it stopped all the BS :rolleyes: