PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for our family

TheOneandOnly
03-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Got conformation that my italian mastiff jumped our fence and was hit by three cars on the highway.... We called all around and the DOT picked him up and threw him out in a field. DOt is such a lier (first they told us he was dismembered and we wouldnt want the remains, then after calling back later told us some other untrue stuff) Last night we went and picked him up to do the honerable thing and are get him cremated.He wasnt dismembered but was bad :( Dogs are truely mans best friend....

He was the best dog in the world, with the best agility (could catch balls upside down in the air), strongest dog ive seen, excellent prey drive, smartest dog, and best guardian dog, one month shy of his 4th birthday, RIP Timber 3-12-08 at 5:30am...Awww this ***xxx, now I really hate living by a highway...:(

We have his brother left, what can I do for him to make it easier? The last two nights he's been whining and paceing up and down the stairs, if anyone has been though this before and can give some advice I would appreciate it.

peason
03-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Our family has been fortunate over the years to not lose a young pet. My son and I just had our adopted dog - Monty out for a run with the snowmobile - He loves to run and try to keep up with us.
My best advice is to keep the one you have company - or get another pup! Good luck.

ridesdirt
03-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Sorry about your loss.

I have two at home, not siblings, but you know...

lanier92prostar
03-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Sorry about the loss of your family pet. Your other dog will eventually adapt, but it will take awhile.

6ballsisall
03-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Sorry for your loss. :(

stuartmcnair
03-14-2008, 12:06 PM
We had a brother / sister pair. Had never been more that 20 yards apart from each other. They got out one day and both were hit. The male was just behind the female as they were crossing the street. She was hit solid and he was glanced so he survived. As sad as it is he was completely normal in a few weeks. Animals do not have the same mourning characteristics that people do.

Chief
03-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Stay close with the other dog and it will help. We had hard times when we lost our lab and the dog she grew up with for eleven years went through a lengthy grieving period and we were to point we had to hand feed her but she slowly came back into it.

Since our tragedy last summer we have adopted another lab and it has helped us and the other dog.

I know the pain you feel, they are truly man's best friend.

454Prostar190
03-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss:(

flipper
03-14-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. As for the brother, all I can think of is get a pup for him. It will take a while, and it won't be the same, but at least he'll have somebody to keep him company and play with while you're away.

ttu
03-14-2008, 12:44 PM
sorry to hear about your loss.

my wheaten got out on sunday and was gone for about 4 hours till i got a call that someone had found him.

i was worried to death.

corey
03-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Very, very sorry to hear of your loss. I would'nt wish something like this on anyone. Take some time to heal, if I learned anything about dogs when the time is right one will find you.

Datdude
03-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Sorry for your loss. I can not imagine losing our dog:(

RexDog1
03-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Sorry for your loss
His brother will get over his loss in time, it is hard to hear him whine, it tears your heart out
Sorry brother :(

wakolman
03-14-2008, 01:30 PM
That sucks. :( I am not a dog person, but I can see the bond between dogs and owners. They are smart animals and extremely loyal.

We have a pretty cool cat that I would be upset about if something happened to him. Please, don't laugh too hard!;)

Good luck.

TheOneandOnly
03-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks thanks guys for all the advice and support!!! We just brought the one dog inside. He has always been an outside dog for 2yrs but I think we need to be around him more.

TheOneandOnly
03-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks thanks guys for all the advice and support!!! We just brought the one dog inside. He has always been an outside dog for 2yrs but I think we need to be around him more.

BCBlazers
03-14-2008, 01:53 PM
sorry to hear of your loss

TheOneandOnly
03-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Here is a pic that looks just like him he is the one in the front right:)

Monte
03-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I hate to hear that you lost a dog. We lost ours about a year ago due to poison.. Possibly a neighbor possibly some dog food..

It does make for a ver sad day..