PDA

View Full Version : Explain this one...

BriEOD
03-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Here is a 02 PS 209 on eBay for $7,500 with NO RESERVE. However, read the shipping and insurance comments. This cannot be right. Hell, if it goes for $7500 in a few more days I'm gonna bid!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=423&item=6522261768&rd=1

MarkP
03-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Here is a 02 PS 209 on eBay for $7,500 with NO RESERVE. However, read the shipping and insurance comments. This cannot be right. Hell, if it goes for $7500 in a few more days I'm gonna bid!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=423&item=6522261768&rd=1You will be bidding against me:D

h20_skidog
03-29-2005, 09:00 PM
***! I'm an owner of an '01 209 cannot explain that price! Does it float?? It's not an MC trailer...but that wouldn't explain such a price difference!

And only $7 for shipping via USPS???? Does not make sense!!!

6balls
03-29-2005, 09:01 PM
I can explain it.....It's in Texas! :purplaugh

DanC
03-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Something smells :confused:
Maybe he's not showing the 3 foot hole in the side where the ex-wife rammed it with her Porsche :eek:

DanC
03-29-2005, 09:03 PM
The Toolman's cousin is selling?

jsonova99
03-29-2005, 09:03 PM
does it come witha remote control and batteries?

MarkP
03-29-2005, 09:07 PM
Did you guys see the $5000.00 "buy it now"?

sfitzgerald351
03-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Wow if there was really a buy it now listing on that boat someone really screwed up by putting a bid in and not buying. I'd take a week off to go pick that boat up for that price! I don't care where it is!

MarkP
03-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Wow if there was really a buy it now listing on that boat someone really screwed up by putting a bid in and not buying. I'd take a week off to go pick that boat up for that price! I don't care where it is!HeII
I'll buy it now for 10

6ballsisall
03-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Buyer Beware!!!

I am not complety certain but I believe this is the same guy who just prior to me buying my MC had some SN (yes I know) listed for similar prices. Seem to remember a 196 team edition 2004 model for $4500. I emailed the guy and he responded the boat was overseas and I would need to send certified funds to him in Europe. It was all really strange and suprisingly, the listings got pulled the next day from Ebay.

Be careful!!

MarkP
03-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Buyer Beware!!!

I am not complety certain but I believe this is the same guy who just prior to me buying my MC had some SN (yes I know) listed for similar prices. Seem to remember a 196 team edition 2004 model for $4500. I emailed the guy and he responded the boat was overseas and I would need to send certified funds to him in Europe. It was all really strange and suprisingly, the listings got pulled the next day from Ebay.

Be careful!!
Ok

I would like to withdraw my last pose then :(

SteveO
03-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Has anyone sent the seller a message. It does appear to be missing a digit, at minimum a 2 in the front end of the price.

sfitzgerald351
03-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Just emailed to find out where boat is currently and how he proposes to ship it. We'll see if I get a reply or not....

bcampbe7
03-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Not to mention the images are photochopped!!!
Save the first image to your PC. Then zoom in on the side, below the the registration number. Pixelation is OK, but where the image is smooth (no pixelation) is where it is doctored. The yellow stripe also does not match up. Not sure what they are trying to cover up.

Edit: Looks like he has purchased quite-a-bit of jewelry from Thailand also.

jrandol had it right... "BUYER BEWARE!"

Mag_Red
03-29-2005, 11:23 PM
You know what they say...........if it's too good to be true............

Personally I wouldn't sell mine for less than $15,000

bcampbe7
03-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Personally I wouldn't sell mine for less than $15,000

I'll give you $15,001! When and where should I pick it up? :)

Mag_Red
03-29-2005, 11:26 PM
I'll give you $15,001! When and where should I pick it up? :)Send me the $$$$ first and then we'll work on location. ;)

NeilM
03-29-2005, 11:26 PM
I sent him an email. 'curious to see if he responds. Note that he says that you're "watching" not that you're "bidding on"... hmmm

If I get a reply, I'll post it here...

6ballsisall
03-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Send me the $$$$ first and then we'll work on location. ;)

I'll meet that price and pick it up in person :D

Hey if you get a wierd message from the board Mag sorry! my cursor roled over the button for reporting bad posts and it clicked thru. I went back so i don't know if it will send it to you or not. Sorry!

Mag_Red
03-29-2005, 11:32 PM
I'll meet that price and pick it up in person :D

Hey if you get a wierd message from the board Mag sorry! my cursor roled over the button for reporting bad posts and it clicked thru. I went back so i don't know if it will send it to you or not. Sorry! :rant: Well that's just freakin great! Looks like you ain't getting the boat now :uglyhamme

Leroy
03-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Unless there are a couple of really unlucky mistypes this is really bogus.

I bet your email get's hit with some funny email now Neil. I'm pretty sure he can see the email you have registered on ebay.

bcampbe7
03-29-2005, 11:36 PM
Why is it a "private listing." This is the first auction I have seen like that. Maybe I am just not paying attention.

6ballsisall
03-29-2005, 11:37 PM
:rant: Well that's just freakin great! Looks like you ain't getting the boat now :uglyhamme

:worthy: :cry:

JEREMY79
03-29-2005, 11:40 PM
I know a guy that paid like 7,500 for a 2002 Harley Fat Boy. Great Deal. A couple days later he got a little hot wheels bike in the mail with a note that said "hope you enjoy your new bike"

Sounds bogus to me

NeilM
03-29-2005, 11:46 PM
Unless there are a couple of really unlucky mistypes this is really bogus.

I bet your email get's hit with some funny email now Neil. I'm pretty sure he can see the email you have registered on ebay.

Nuthin' yet...

Leroy
03-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Neil; I did "ask the seller a question" and asked many questions. Let's see what happens!

rmckee47
03-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Why take a week off? The seller listed shipping for $7.00!

6ballsisall
03-29-2005, 11:55 PM
I know a guy that paid like 7,500 for a 2002 Harley Fat Boy. Great Deal. A couple days later he got a little hot wheels bike in the mail with a note that said "hope you enjoy your new bike"

Sounds bogus to me

Oh man , to see the look on that guys face. I bet he was ready to kill!! Did he get his money back?

JEREMY79
03-30-2005, 12:05 AM
I dont know if he has it yet. He was told by EBay that he would get it back.

Yeah pissed to say the least :eek:

MasterCrafting
03-30-2005, 12:35 AM
The ad was taken off ebay! i guess it was too good to be true

Leroy
03-30-2005, 12:52 AM
Think Ebay was on to it.

Dear Leroy

Our records indicate that you recently sent an email to or received an email from jamesruss49 through the eBay email system (for example, you may have sent an email to this member through Ask Seller a Question or received an email from this member through Contact eBay Member).
Sometimes eBay accounts are used to send email solicitations for transactions outside of eBay, or to send unrelated questions in hopes that you will respond so that the other party can obtain your email address. We wanted you to be aware of the potential fraud risk these solicitations pose and encourage you to be cautious about the email you received from this member.

Please keep in mind, sales that take place outside of eBay are not eligible for any eBay or PayPal protective services and you run the risk of losing your money or your item if you complete these transactions. We would encourage you to review the eBay pages related to Fraud Protection at the address provided below for information on steps you can take to ensure that your transactions are successful:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html

If you have already sent the item or sent payment for the item, please reply to this email and we will send you additional information about how to protect yourself.

Regards,

Trust & Safety Department

Leroy
03-30-2005, 01:00 AM
It gets even better! He'll send the boat to Ebay's warehouse after your payment!

Dear Sir ,
I want to be honest with you and I inform you that i have stop the auction because i have 2 buyers interested in this boat , they are willing to pay the buy it now price .To be fair with all possible buyers I will sell the boat to the first buyer that will arange the Square Trade payment . If you are able to make the payment today or tomorrow you will be the next owner of this boat .

First I will like to tell you that I am in United Kingdom and the boat is stored at ebay warehouse in San Jose , CA , the boat will be shipped from there on my expence .

The boat is like new , in perfect condition . I am selling this boat because the shipping to Europe will cost me to much .I have this boat from my father in low .The Buy it now price is $5000 .

Terms & Conditions Shipping and handling:

The shipping address must be provided before sending the payment. The boat will be shipped through JC MOTORS or DAS Shipping Company . The boat will only be sent after receiving the payment. I agreed with eBay to send my boat to its warehouse since I am not in US .

This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay.

Payment:

If you will offer the buy it now price I will suport all the shipping from

San Jose to your address .

For payment i would like to use eBay Square Trade as a third party . They

will keep your money until you get the boat and will release it to me upon delivery .

Here are my name and address you need for the payment in case you decide to buy the boat :

James Russ

58 Via la Spezia

Rome 00132

Italy

The boat is ready for shipment, i just need the payment confirmation from

Square Trade with the transfer's details and the boat will be delivered to your address.

REFUND-After the boat arrives, you have a 7 days period for inspection. If the boat is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund - transfer fees and the boat will be shipped back to San Jose, CA on my expence.

Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this boat from very first moment you'll see it.

Buy with confidence!

I will have pay for an insurance to eBay as proof my trustworthiness.

Thanks for the conceded time .

I am looking forward to your reply.

James Russ

AirJunky
03-30-2005, 01:02 AM
Hehehe, yea, sounds like I won, too...... :uglyhamme

Dear Sir ,
I want to be honest with you and I inform you that i have stop the auction because i have 2 buyers interested in this boat , they are willing to pay the buy it now price .To be fair with all possible buyers I will sell the boat to the first buyer that will arange the Square Trade payment . If you are able to make the payment today or tomorrow you will be the next owner of this boat .
First I will like to tell you that I am in United Kingdom and the boat is stored at ebay warehouse in San Jose , CA , the boat will be shipped from there on my expence .
The boat is like new , in perfect condition . I am selling this boat because the shipping to Europe will cost me to much .I have this boat from my father in low .The Buy it now price is $5000 .

Terms & Conditions Shipping and handling:

The shipping address must be provided before sending the payment. The boat will be shipped through JC MOTORS or DAS Shipping Company . The boat will only be sent after receiving the payment. I agreed with eBay to send my boat to its warehouse since I am not in US .
This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay.

Payment:

If you will offer the buy it now price I will suport all the shipping from San Jose to your address .

For payment i would like to use eBay Square Trade as a third party . They will keep your money until you get the boat and will release it to me upon delivery .

Here are my name and address you need for the payment in case you decide to buy the boat :

James Russ
58 Via la Spezia
Rome 00132
Italy

The boat is ready for shipment, i just need the payment confirmation from Square Trade with the transfer's details and the boat will be delivered to your address.
REFUND-After the boat arrives, you have a 7 days period for inspection. If the boat is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund - transfer fees and the boat will be shipped back to San Jose, CA on my expence. Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this boat from very first moment you'll see it.
Buy with confidence!
I will have pay for an insurance to eBay as proof my trustworthiness.
Thanks for the conceded time .
I am looking forward to your reply.

James Russ

Leroy
03-30-2005, 01:15 AM
:D I'm sending my money now! I'm guessing we haven't heard the last of this idiot.

AirJunky
03-30-2005, 01:21 AM
Yep, I responded that I was interested & ready to do it..... but that I wanted to see the boat first. I have friends in San Jose who would go check it out for me if needed........ we'll see if he has the balls to respond.

prostar205
03-30-2005, 02:01 AM
I also sent the seller a message thru ebay asking him if I could test drive the boat. I got the same message tonight saying that he has 2 interested parties but if I sent $5K to a third party (escrow type deal) I would the the proud new owner. He even goes on to say that would cover shipping. Lastly, he even says that I would have 7 days to check the boat out once its shipped to me and I could send it back, at his expense, if not completely satisfied.

What a joke. I hope no one goes for this.

jsonova99
03-30-2005, 06:11 AM
Wow, that's crazy. I'm sure he'll get somebody to bite.

jsonova99
03-30-2005, 06:16 AM
Actually, it looks like Ebay pulled the listing

H2OGirl
03-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Yep no listing anymore, just tried to check it out myself. If it's true what a great deal, as someone said, "If it seems to good to be true, then is usually is"

bcampbe7
03-30-2005, 08:42 AM
snip

James Russ
58 Via la Spezia
Rome 00132
Italy

I was not aware that Italy was in the United Kingdom...
What a tool... Hey, what a minute. :D

sfitzgerald351
03-30-2005, 09:08 AM
I got the same messages from the guy. What a joke.

NeilM
03-30-2005, 09:35 AM
yep... same message...

Only part that is inconsistent with a scam is the fact that he has included the use of Square Trade as an escrow... This protects both buyer and seller.. He'd have to be pretty stupid not to know that..

JEREMY79
03-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Is there any way to get in touch with ebay to check it out??

east tx skier
03-30-2005, 10:14 AM
I bought the boat. Should be here any day now. You can't be free shipping. Now to go back and read the rest of the thread. ;)

AirJunky
03-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Weird..... I'm still swapping email with the guy. I told him I insisted on going to the ebay warehouse & viewing the boat, no need to unseal it (he says it's winterized), just to view it.
Too bad Ebay can't be contacted or I'd gladly pass the guy on to them.

Leroy
03-30-2005, 11:58 AM
You can't buy it, I've already sent in my money! :purplaugh

I bought the boat. Should be here any day now. You can't be free shipping. Now to go back and read the rest of the thread. ;)

lakes Rick
03-30-2005, 09:05 PM
SCAM.... these guys have been all over the car areas on Ebag... REAL scary people bite on this stuff..

Like Mag said, if it sounds too good to be true, it aint.....

Cody
03-30-2005, 09:55 PM
I was afraid someone like tpttool would send the guy the cash, so I reported the listing to Ebay after I saw this thread yesterday. There were probably several that did this.

I am just tired of the scammers! I rat them out every chance I get!

We will review the listing(s) you have reported for violations of our
Potentially Infringing Items policies. In order to keep eBay a safe and
fun place to trade, we often rely on members like you to bring such
violations to our attention.

In light of our privacy policy, we cannot share with you any action
taken by eBay with respect to this listing. If we determine that the
listing violates eBay policy, we may:

1. send the seller an informational alert;
2. remove the listing; or
3. suspend the seller.

Account suspensions are usually reserved for those sellers that
repeatedly disregard policy.

If the item you reported does not appear on its face to be infringing,
we may refer it to the intellectual property rights owner for review. If
the rights owner has a good faith belief that the item is infringing,
they may choose to send eBay a formal request to remove the listing. For
more information on eBays cooperation with rights owners, please visit:

Leroy
03-30-2005, 10:37 PM
I was surprised at how the seller looked like a legit ebay seller. Not sure how they get the name unless they hi-jack the name, or have a lot of sales with friends.

tph
04-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Looks like they're at it again!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=423&item=6523317286&rd=1

sfitzgerald351
04-03-2005, 11:59 PM
So how do you report a bad listing? I looked quickly but didn't see how.